Ryan

Evaluate Your Fave's Last Era

Era:

1. How much did their biggest single sell and where did it peak in the US, UK and Australia?

2. How much did their album sell worldwide? Did it reach #1 anywhere?

3. Any follow-up singles reach the Top 20 in US, UK and Australia?

Post em girls

idcnLSg5tOgCz.gif

Era: Kiss Me Once

1. How much did their biggest single sell and where did it peak in the US, UK and Australia?

Into The Blue sold like 5 copies and peaked at #12 in the UK and somewhere near the bottom in Australia. laughcry1 Don't even ask about the US.

#2 UK, like Top 40 US. laughcry1 Sold less than 100k.

IWGC was a Top 5 US Dance Club hit laughcry1

Die Young - 3M+ in 2012

US - #2

UK - #7

AU - #3

eve1

C'Mon went #19 in Australia I guess   eve1

1. Problem sold more than 5m copies WW it went #1 in UK and peaked at #2 in US and Aus

2. ME sold 1.3m WW dead7 but it went #1 in US and Aus

3. Break Free reached top 20 in US and Aus. LMH & OLT went top 20 in US idk about aus tho and they definitely did not reach top 20 in UK dead7

Die Young - 3M+ in 2012

US - #2

UK - #7

AU - #3

eve1

C'Mon went #19 in Australia I guess   eve1

iBQgZlXnJlSkD.gif

Problem: 3.5 million in United States, 400k in UK, 210k in Australia

#2 in US, #1 in UK, #2 in Australia

1.5 million, #1 in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Norway, Taiwan and US

Break Free #4, Bang Bang #3, Love Me Harder #7, One Last Time #18 for America.

Applause peaked at #4 in US, #5 in UK and #2 in Australia Dance (#11  mad5 ) sold around 2.4 M in US

ARTPOP went #1 WW and according to IPFI it sold 2.3 copies in 2013 so it's probably around 2.5 M WW

Do What U Want went #13 in US, #9 in UK and #21 in Australia

Tour grossed 88M with 74 dates announced I think.

When will your faves' flop   ny13 

Applause peaked at #4 in US, #5 in UK and #2 in Australia Dance (#11   mad5 ) sold around 2.4 M in US

ARTPOP went #1 WW and according to IPFI it sold 2.3 copies in 2013 so it's probably around 2.5 M WW

Pretty good for a flop era might I add. jj1

Applause peaked at #4 in US, #5 in UK and #2 in Australia Dance (#11   mad5 ) sold around 2.4 M in US

giphy.gif

The IFPI do NOT track sales. They track shipments. ARTPOP has sold 1.95m WW according to mediatraffic which is the best source for worldwide SALES as it's based off sales and sales certifications and it is the fairest site to use too for comparisons (like this thread). 

Sales = what the customer buys online or from a shop

Shipments = what the customer buys online AND what the SHOPS buy from the record labels in CDs. 

ARTPOP sold 1.3m WW in 2013. This means that of those 2.3 shipments, one million of them were unsold and still in the shops. It's the same premise as My Everything selling 400k in US but being certified platinum because of the 600k unsold copies. 

IW8simF.gif

giphy.gif

The IFPI do NOT track sales. They track shipments. ARTPOP has sold 1.95m WW according to mediatraffic which is the best source for worldwide SALES as it's based off sales and sales certifications and it is the fairest site to use too for comparisons (like this thread). 

Shipments = what the customer buys online AND what the SHOPS buy from the record labels in CDs. 

ARTPOP sold 1.3m WW in 2013. This means that of those 2.3 shipments, one million of them were unsold and still in the shops. It's the same premise as My Everything selling 400k in US but being certified platinum because of the 600k unsold copies. 

IW8simF.gif

Educate me moo1 still impressive numbers for a career ending flopped album sass5

Era: Unapologetic

Diamonds - 8m WW (at a conservative estimate). #1 in US and UK and #6 in Australia. Not as big as Stay in US but much bigger on a global scale.

3.6m worldwide as of March 2015. #1 in US, UK, Canada.

Stay - less global than Diamonds but still a mega hit. Top five in US, UK and Aus. 6-7m WW

Pour It Up - urban single. #19 in US

Jump - Aus only single. #5

giphy.gif

IW8simF.gif

Thank you!

@Gilly :)

Era: 1989

"Shake It Off" has sold over 7 million copies WW so far and peaked at 1 in the US, 2 in the UK and 1 in Australia.

"1989" has sold 6,752,000 copies WW as of last week and reached #1 in over 10 major countries.

"Blank Space" was a top five hit in all three of those markets while "Style" is a top ten hit in the US and Australia and has peaked at 21 in the UK so far.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.