QUINN

The Queen of Streaming is on TIDAL

So I signed up for a trial run of the hifi version of this TIDAL mess to see what it's all about, and of course, the queen of streaming wouldn't miss out on having her tunes available for the relaunch.

Here are some screen shots of how it looks: 

tumblr_nm1zn58ogP1qffnj5o4_1280.png

tumblr_nm1zn58ogP1qffnj5o1_1280.png

tumblr_nm1zn58ogP1qffnj5o3_1280.png

tumblr_nm1zn58ogP1qffnj5o5_1280.png

tumblr_nm1zn58ogP1qffnj5o2_1280.png

So far, every artist I have searched for is available on this platform, so maybe it's a bigger deal than we're giving it credit for.  From my understanding based on the press conference today and from searching through their available catalog, it seems to me that TIDAL is going to attempt to change the way music is RELEASED.  Other streaming platforms will get the music after a period of time, but all artists that choose to follow the TIDAL wave will most likely release their content through TIDAL exclusively for a period of time before releasing it for all digital platforms.

So do you think Katy will release her music on TIDAL exclusively going forward? After all, she does appreciate embracing the future and running with sales trends.  Or do you think with all of her streaming power and visibility, she'll continue to not give any fucks and let all the world have her music at the same time?