Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Firdawsi

Mariah Carey US Singles Chart Runs

Any particular reason why Without You peaked at #3 when it went #1 worldwide?

It was cockblocked in the US by two huge hits

Let me remember their names, I'll tell you again

EDIT: The Sign-Ace of Base and Celine Dion-The Power of Love

ny1

I've always found it strange that one of her few hits to hit #1 worldwide didn't hit number one in the US      giveup1     At least the 18 US no.1's make up for it.

The UK is a mess with Mariah singles, only Without You and Against All Odds hit #1, We Belong Together and All I Want for Christmas Is You got blocked at #2    moo2  

@The boy on the roof Butterfly era oprah2

Ikr, only 3/5 singles getting release because of Tommy

My All could've debuted at #1

If ABMB had too, she'd have a streak of 5 #1 debuts

I've always found it strange that one of her few hits to hit #1 worldwide didn't hit number one in the US      giveup1     At least the 18 US no.1's make up for it.

The UK is a mess with Mariah singles, only Without You and Against All Odds hit #1, We Belong Together and All I Want for Christmas Is You got blocked at #2    moo2  

Against All Odds wasn't released in US because of the conflict with Sony giveup1

There are times when Celine annoys me cause she stopped Always be My Baby from debuting at #1 too with It's All Coming Back to Me Now

Where's MIAMTEC chart runs? rav2

Against All Odds wasn't released in US because of the conflict with Sony giveup1

she was struggling at that era, but she still managed to slay oprah2

her last great album with Sony tbh

Part 5

Triumphant(Get Em)(feat Meek Mill and Rick Ross)

Didn't chart

Almost Home

Unreleased

ME. I AM MARIAH. THE ELUSIVE CHANTEUSE

MariahCareyMiguel-Beautiful.jpg

Beautiful (feat Miguel)

Entered at 25-05-2013

24-20-20-17-15-15-16-17-17-23-37-54-60-73-86

Exited at 13-08-2013

The Art of Letting Go

Didn't chart

You're Mine (Eternal)

Charted at 03-01-2014

You Don't Know What To Do (feat Wale)

Didn't chart

Infinity

Charted at 27-04-2015

@Maria here

That Sony conflict really ruined the second half of the Rainbow era, Heartbreaker and Thank God I Found You both #1, then suddenly Crybaby stalls at #28? She could've outdone Butterfly if they just agreed on something.    oprah2

That Sony conflict really ruined the second half of the Rainbow era, Heartbreaker and Thank God I Found You both #1, then suddenly Crybaby stalls at #28? She could've outdone Butterfly if they just agreed on something.    oprah2

She wanted Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme), Sony wanted Crybaby

The result was a mess giveup1

those nmbers fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

Do u think she could have another peak? another teom? aura1

If Cher could smash at the age of 52 with the song of the year Believe, she can too moo5

She wanted Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme), Sony wanted Crybaby

The result was a mess giveup1

I honestly think Sony's sabotage of the Rainbow lead to the messiness of Glitter and Charmbracelet. The Emancipation of Mimi really was the comeback she needed    oprah1

I honestly think Sony's sabotage of the Rainbow lead to the messiness of Glitter and Charmbracelet. The Emancipation of Mimi really was the comeback she needed    oprah1

Tommy sabotaged Glitter a lot

When he heard Mimi was using the Firecracker sample on Loverboy, he told J-Lo to record for her second album-I'm Real, which became her second #1

Also, Tommy hired Irv Gotti, who produced the remix of "I'm Real" featuring Ja Rule, openly admitted during an interview with XXL magazine that Mottola contacted him with instructions to create a song that sounded exactly like a song he had made with Carey for the Glitter soundtrack entitled "If We" also featuring Ja Rule.

Then When Loverboy was about to reach #1, he discounted and rush released Bootylicious to stop it from #1

Up Out of My Face(feat Nicki Minaj)

Charted at 06-03-2010

Oh Santa

Charted at 01-01-2011

These are sad laughcry1

Also, was Almost Home really unreleased or just flopped hard so that it didn't even chart on Bubbling Under?

Tommy sabotaged Glitter a lot

When he heard Mimi was using the Firecracker sample on Loverboy, he told J-Lo to record for her second album-I'm Real, which became her second #1

Also, Tommy hired Irv Gotti, who produced the remix of "I'm Real" featuring Ja Rule, openly admitted during an interview with XXL magazine that Mottola contacted him with instructions to create a song that sounded exactly like a song he had made with Carey for the Glitter soundtrack entitled "If We" also featuring Ja Rule.

Then When Loverboy was about to reach #1, he discounted and rush released Bootylicious to stop it from #1

I remember reading about Tommy trying to ruin Mariah's career, never heard about Bootylicious but doesn't surprise me.

Too bad for him that Mariah couldn't be held down forever     moo5

I loooove Obsessed but I didn't know it peaked at no2 either, I'm happy to hear that, I tought it peakes somewhere in the 30s. And Without You deserved that no1 position!

Actually, that was a typo, it peaked at #7

These are sad laughcry1

Also, was Almost Home really unreleased or just flopped hard so that it didn't even chart on Bubbling Under?

Almost Home was just for the Disney Soundtrack for Oz: The Great and Powerful

The song barely got promo. It had smash written all over it

I remember reading about Tommy trying to ruin Mariah's career, never heard about Bootylicious but doesn't surprise me.

Too bad for him that Mariah couldn't be held down forever     moo5

Tommy also didn't let her produce initially and also all the male models in her first videos are gay, cause Tommy was a very jealous person

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.