Cunt

Create a Label | Season One

syKpm5I.png

After one failed attempt to make this game happen here by Jonna Lee, I am rising to introduce y'all to ATRL famous forum game, Create A Label. Essentially PopIndustry 1.0, Create A Label is a long game where you sign musical artists (or any person really if you wanna be creative and deep and shit) to your very own record label, release music, and try to get to THE TOP OF THE CHARTS via many types of promotion. 

How it Works

Everyone starts off with 100 points. The cost to sign an artist is 5 points. The goal is to make your artists the most famous on the globe. Whether or not you choose to continue your artist from their real life musical career, they will be seen as an underground artist and you can use this to give them their comeback. You give them fame by releasing fictional / creative music (1 or 2 cover songs allowed) and promoting with television appearances, concerts, etc. On occasion, I will do special events, such as music awards (VMAs, Grammys, etc) and three performing slots per event will be given to the three labels who post first when I say it's time. An additional slot will be added for specific events, and the first person to post when I say will get to premiere a music video before or after the award show, and it's additional promotion if the same performer sings the song live during the same show. 

All articles are required to be at least 100 words long, and the limit of articles per week is 20. At the end of every week, at or around 9 PM EST, you must private message me a list of articles, releases, tour dates, etc, plus a calculation of your total points. Mentions of your artist in articles by other players will also count towards your promotion amounts and may also be listed. While all releases and tour dates require supporting articles, they do not count in the 20 article limit. The weeks go from Saturday until Friday. All private messages must be sent by 10 PM EST, then after I have checked everything, I will post the week's overall charts and social media trending hashtags. For every one thousand sales you earn, you get one point. For example, 10,000 records sold = 10 points. 

While it doesn't matter what lengths the articles are, details are important. I would like for you to share as many details about every event, release, announcement, live performance, tv appearance, etc as you can. By this I mean quality not quantity. Find a way to explain as many details possible, and going to a couple thousand words is completely acceptable, but just try not to go overboard like 1 million words. 

Here are some article title examples:

Lady Gaga announces that she will lead American Horror Story's next season 'Hotel'

Lana Del Rey releases Honeymoon pre-order featuring "High by the Beach" and "Terrence Loves You"

Marina and the Diamonds embarks on first date of the Neon Nature Tour

Katy Perry performs "Part of Me" on the X Factor US

Releases

Releasing is an important part of the game, obviously. In the game you can release singles and albums whenever you'd like, and it's good to have a strategy and know when it's a good time to release. Surprise dropping albums is also not a good idea unless your artist has proven to have a big fanbase, and has had much attention from hype or has hit the top 10 at least once with a single. Having a visual / music video for every song on your album will definitely gain attention but it costs quite a lot of points to do. Also, remember not to drag a single on for too long, or else fans will get bored. Make sure to release or announce something once every couple of weeks. You can get more attention for a single though by releasing remix EPs and music videos. Promotional singles are good for releasing around the same time as the album. Greatest Hits collections should not be released until the artist has at least a certified platinum album, and has more albums in their real life discography, though it's not required, and it's recommended the compilation also includes at least one new song. 

Costs:

Album - 20 points

EP - 10 points

Single - 5 points

Promotional Single - 5 points

Remix EP - 5 points

Music Video - 5 points

Greatest Hits Collection - 15 points

Touring

In the game, your artist also has the option to tour songs from their album. Each date costs a certain amount of points depending on the tour type. Each date is required to have an article supporting it, and you must PM me a list of at least the first leg's dates one week before you begin the tour. Regular concerts that aren't tour related are completely free. 

Costs:

Theater tour - 10 points per date

Festival tour - 10 points per date

Stadium tour - 20 points per date

Other Point Costing Things

TV appearance (Ellen, X Factor, etc) - 5 points

Perfume fragrance - 5 points

Clothing line - 5 points

Video game (Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, Sims 3: Katy Perry etc) - 10 points

Message in thread title - 5 points (one per week)

Message in OP - 5 points (one per week)

Labels

@Shiver - Polydor Records

Rihanna

Shakira

the Ting Tings

@Desmond - VOGUE Records

Madonna

Lady Gaga

Justin Timberlake

@ - Butera Records

Ariana Grande

Taylor Swift

Melanie Martinez

Nicki Minaj

@Argent - Radioactive Records

Marina & the Diamonds

Lorde

Carly Rae Jepsen

@Infinity - Elusive Chanteuse Records

Mariah Carey

Tinashe

Beyonce

@Hyun. - LR Records

Troye Sivan

Namie Amuro

@ - Rose Records

Jennifer Lawrence

Elizabeth Gillies

Bella Thorne

Sign up to join Create a Label - Season One below, with a list of artists and your record label name, and I'll add it here. Like I said earlier, the cost is 5 points per artist, and you may have 1 to 5 artists on your label. I will post the game may start after at least five labels have signed up, and you can still join after the game has begun.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

tumblr_m26icb7esl1qbm90eo1_r1_500.gif

Yasssss cry7 I know it was a very quick decision but I've already decided to cut Maroon 5 from the label btw so it's just Rih, Shakira and The Ting Tings now fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

Okay  fall1