Vilppu

Honeymoon Megarate [Results in the 2nd post!]

@Hunty Bear and basically @anyone interested, here you've got the full score reveal. No one should feel offended or anything as only scores are revealed, no names (feel free to guess where Tampon is though). ~Click here~

Also, you can see how the ranking changed during the voting period (when I had 5, 10, 15 and 20 participants respectively):

2ld7kvk.jpg

No tea, no shade @Vilppu but I like how this megarate was nearly as uneventful and dull as the album LMAO. 

What exactly did you expect though? The results were interesting only because of the huge amount of sabotage, the order of the tracks was low-key predictable. No real meltdowns as people simply stopped posting when Terrence was eliminated orangu1 The best part was definitely the guest commentary.

@Andy's meltdowns

I looked through the last 20 pages or so and did not see any. This is a good Andy's meltdown.

Salvabullshit being in the top 5 when it's one of her worst songs lyrically.

This is kind of true. I was struggling to choose 'best lyrics' and the lines were still rather weak.

What exactly did you expect though? The results were interesting only because of the huge amount of sabotage, the order of the tracks was low-key predictable. No real meltdowns as people simply stopped posting when Terrence was eliminated orangu1 The best part was definitely the guest commentary.

I looked through the last 20 pages or so and did not see any. This is a good Andy's meltdown.

This is kind of true. I was struggling to choose 'best lyrics' and the lines were still rather weak.

Oh that critique wasn't directed at you sweetheart! lana1 

Andy barely delivered but it was nice seeing him seethe from time to time. ny1 

Salvatore is Lana's "Spanish Lesson". Kind of boppy with earworm quality but lyrically complete utter bullshit.

I honestly love Salvatore's lyrics because they're so obscure and so idiosyncratic that it makes sense dead2

and it's comments like these that keep me from taking your Freak hate serious.

Freak makes more sense than Salvatore in every possible way. While the latter is based around dumb clichees and images that add nothing to the song, Freak actually has a theme it evolves around. To be more precise, in Freak she likens the hot weather and tropical scenery of California as well as the general lifestyle to her personality and encourages her lover, who is "cold as ice" to join her. The typical Californian scene is constantly reflected in his eyes like an endless summer, because it's usually hot in California. She is passionate and wild (hot) which to him makes her a freak, because he's the complete opposite (cold). This hot/cold metaphor is actually a theme that is strongly present in the video for Shades of Cool.

Now, what exactly does the chorus of Salvatore mean? Does it add anything to the meaning of the song? Do the verses even make any sense at all? It's a song that's based around a hook and filled with clichee lyrics that just make absolutely no sense.

rav1 I think you should reevaluate your points. You're being incredibly hypocritcal. I assume you simply don't like Freak sonically and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but please don't try to bring lyrics or content to the discussion when you stan a song that is much weaker lyrically. Still love you though, Hunty. lana1 

Oh that critique wasn't directed at you sweetheart! lana1 

Andy barely delivered but it was nice seeing him seethe from time to time. ny1 

Salvatore is Lana's "Spanish Lesson". Kind of boppy with earworm quality but lyrically complete utter bullshit.

Freak makes more sense than Salvatore in every possible way. While the latter is based around dumb clichees and images that add nothing to the song, Freak actually has a theme it evolves around. To be more precise, in Freak she likens the hot weather and tropical scenery of California as well as the general lifestyle to her personality and encourages her lover, who is "cold as ice" to join her. The typical Californian scene is constantly reflected in his eyes like an endless summer, because it's usually hot in California. She is passionate and wild (hot) which to him makes her a freak, because he's the complete opposite (cold). This hot/cold metaphor is actually a theme that is strongly present in the video for Shades of Cool.

Now, what exactly does the chorus of Salvatore mean? Does it add anything to the meaning of the song? Do the verses even make any sense at all? It's a song that's based around a hook and filled with clichee lyrics that just make absolutely no sense.

rav1 I think you should reevaluate your points. You're being incredibly hypocritcal. I assume you simply don't like Freak sonically and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but please don't try to bring lyrics or content to the discussion when you stan a song that is much weaker lyrically. Still love you though, Hunty. lana1 

Tell iT!

And oh, we have a Lana emote, it's so useless that I actually forgot about it lana1

I assume you simply don't like Freak sonically and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but please don't try to bring lyrics or content to the discussion when you stan a song that is much weaker lyrically. Still love you though, Hunty. lana1 

It's really messy as a bulk given that the verses are very Paradisiacal whereas the chorus is like herniating itself to sound muddy and gritty and sexy and then it builds to the bridge which would literally even make more sense in HBTB. orangu1 It may have nice melodies but its melodies are all over the place and it's very all-over-the-place as a whole, something you seemingly just faulted TLY for

Yes, I also think the song is throwaway sonically too...

.... and I still stand by what I said. I recognize Salvatore's lyrics are batshit insane and off-their-rockers but that's precisely the point of the song. Salvatore isn't herniating itself to sound <<<<#fuckingderk>>>> and gritty and dirty and sexy. It's clear that the lyrics were just used to paint a picture and it worked; the song is vivid. It is centered around its earwormy hook and I won't deny that. I mean, at least Salvatore has a good melody and I don't think anyone is even gonna bother trying to fault Salvatore for that. orangu1 

And the way you tried to make sense of Freak's lyrics is one of the most pretentious things I've ever read orangu1 orangu1orangu1 I can write a novel based off what I think she's trying to express with Salvatore but no one will care because the lyrics are BULLSHIT, akin to Freak's lyrics (ALSO BULLSHIT). And at least it's clear which direction Lana was trying to go with Salvatore and its lyrics ... like what the fuck is she even trying to do with Freak? It's just a song that needs a lot more work and lot more embellishment frankly.

Freak is one of the weaker songs imo? The lyrics arent as deep as some of yall are making them to be

Salvatore obviously had more thought put into it. Idk i dont feelblike thinking of fancy descriptions and words but salvatore has like layered that old europeean thing with tacky american love song lyrics and it cute. Madonna would have sang it 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.