Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Your Madonna Collection (Digital / Physical)

19 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

That's how I like it cry6 

how are you getting singles?

I had same '!' On my copies of IB and GHV2 rip2 they are german pressings

can you post a pic of back covers too? Just turn them around  sia1 it might sound weird but i love looking at cds, and i'll see which versions you have sia3

Oh, yeah I wanted to do that but if turn them around all you'll see is the back of the actual CD. sia3

If you want I can scan them and post the scans instead. sia1

I'm buying the singles at rebuy.de which is a German online second hand store. I bought Like a Virgin and one of the two DW/SFL singles at discogs. They are not as cheap as they are on rebuy and they usually include rather expensive shipping since you buy them from private sellers but their selection is amazing. Also, I pretty much bought her entire stock of singles at rebuy, so the chance of there being anything left is not very high. rav2

I also bought some of my stuff at my local record thrift store. Bought off their entire Madonna singles stock as well and a while later I found the Rescue Me single in the 25ct basket and they gave it to me for free. rip2 They know I'm a stan I guess...Dammit. 

14 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Oh, yeah I wanted to do that but if turn them around all you'll see is the back of the actual CD. sia3

If you want I can scan them and post the scans instead. sia1

I'm buying the singles at rebuy.de which is a German online second hand store. I bought Like a Virgin and one of the two DW/SFL singles at discogs. They are not as cheap as they are on rebuy and they usually include rather expensive shipping since you buy them from private sellers but their selection is amazing. Also, I pretty much bought her entire stock of singles at rebuy, so the chance of there being anything left is not very high. rav2

I also bought some of my stuff at my local record thrift store. Bought off their entire Madonna singles stock as well and a while later I found the Rescue Me single in the 25ct basket and they gave it to me for free. rip2 They know I'm a stan I guess...Dammit. 

If you don't mind post a pic of all your albums/singles with back covers anyway, it's kinda my fetish mj1 

i bought entire stock of Madonna's albums in like only record shop here, so i'm kinda waiting now sia3 

oh so you have local website for that, lucky you sia2 but buying singles is very hard job tbh, it's very addictive and hard to complete, i can't even buy actual albums here rip2 

Why do you hate Erotica so much, you basically raped its booklet. Buy another one ny8 

What are the rarest Madge singles bdwoprah13 anyone knows?

Like I'm mostly trying to collect Xtina's singles, and I don't really buy everything, just stuff with alternate covers or Japanese editions, I like curious things, but her Spanish singles on ebay Spain are like giveup2 Somebody's trying to sell that Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti maxi-single for like 400 dollars giveup2 Man, do I look like a person who ever HAD 400 dollars all at once, ever? giveup2 Her collectors on AfterLd/Xtina Red now, I guess, are hardcore. "So I bought this rare 1-track Mexican single, it was only 250 dollars, but good for something that rare", bitch fuck oprah13

Bdw, I kinda lied yo you, @Salvatore , that wasn't LDLHA single, twas "This used to be my Playground" hottie1

it's sold out now on their site giveup2 The store now has Celebration and Rain ep with that horrible cover that looks like a druggie's mugshot ny1 (Japan)

I mostly try to buy singles with proper B-Sides, also, although I've recently gotten into remixes, but you need to know which DJs are good. I love a lot of those active in the 90s, like Oakenfold with his Perfecto mixes, some Fatboy Slim. I hate that Hex Hector guy, his remixes fucking SUCK, never buy singles that have those.

I've updated my collection since November. I now own 2x Ray of Light, Like A Prayer, Ray of Light, Music, Confessions On A Dance Floor, Celebration, 4 Minutes physical single. I really want Bedtime Stories but it is so hard to find in Australia

1 minute ago, Igloo Australia said:

I've updated my collection since November. I now own 2x Ray of Light, Like A Prayer, Ray of Light, Music, Confessions On A Dance Floor, Celebration, 4 Minutes physical single. I really want Bedtime Stories but it is so hard to find in Australia

Why are there two versions of Ray of Light? Are those CD/LP?

30 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

If you don't mind post a pic of all your albums/singles with back covers anyway, it's kinda my fetish mj1 

i bought entire stock of Madonna's albums in like only record shop here, so i'm kinda waiting now sia3 

oh so you have local website for that, lucky you sia2 but buying singles is very hard job tbh, it's very addictive and hard to complete, i can't even buy actual albums here rip2 

Why do you hate Erotica so much, you basically raped its booklet. Buy another one ny8 

Okay. mj1 I'll see what I can do.

My sister did when she was little. sia4 Plus, it's some weird fold booklet and hard to fold and to slide it back into the case. ny8

29 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

What are the rarest Madge singles bdwoprah13 anyone knows?

Like I'm mostly trying to collect Xtina's singles, and I don't really buy everything, just stuff with alternate covers or Japanese editions, I like curious things, but her Spanish singles on ebay Spain are like giveup2 Somebody's trying to sell that Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti maxi-single for like 400 dollars giveup2 Man, do I look like a person who ever HAD 400 dollars all at once, ever? giveup2 Her collectors on AfterLd/Xtina Red now, I guess, are hardcore. "So I bought this rare 1-track Mexican single, it was only 250 dollars, but good for something that rare", bitch fuck oprah13

Her rarest? Probably all those 1995 German re-issues. I think they were cancelled at some point and now they have increased in value. fall3 Everybody is like 40€ and so are all the other 80's singles since none of them have ever really come out in digital form. (Yes it's true. Madonna's single versions are very hard to get in digital form. Most of them have never even been released digitally.)

I think her rarest are the ones that saw a very limited release...or the ones that have a unique/alternate cover. The original Lucky Star single (the Irish or UK version I think) has a sleeve that features a shot close to the LP but with Madonna slowly taking her sunglasses off (similar to the video intro). It's fabulous and very very rare. A lot of fakes are out there too apparently.

22 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

Bdw, I kinda lied yo you, @Salvatore , that wasn't LDLHA single, twas "This used to be my Playground" hottie1

it's sold out now on their site giveup2 The store now has Celebration and Rain ep with that horrible cover that looks like a druggie's mugshot ny1 (Japan)

I mostly try to buy singles with proper B-Sides, also, although I've recently gotten into remixes, but you need to know which DJs are good. I love a lot of those active in the 90s, like Oakenfold with his Perfecto mixes, some Fatboy Slim. I hate that Hex Hector guy, his remixes fucking SUCK, never buy singles that have those.

Bitch! ny1 TUTBMP is so boring omg. giveup2 I don't wanna buy three nearly identical versions of the same song.

True her remixes suck, for the most part. I still want to have them all. ahs1 Just for the sake of owning them and having a complete singles colection, you know?

5 minutes ago, Igloo Australia said:

Yeah, it's pretty common where I am. Rihanna's ANTI was printed on paper cover I think? wendy1 

dead4

17 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

French singles only come in card sleeves, I think. Also Spanish, and sometime German. I like those, they're like small vinyl sleeves, although it's horrible to keep them because the angles keep getting ruined, and buying used (or even shrink-wrapped since plastic doesn't do much to protect them) is a problem. My favourite format is digipack, because it combines both - a slim card sleeve and protective properties!

I'm currently designing digipacks for my very own CD Singles Collection. oprah2

They are mainly inspired by the Japanese boxset but I want to add my own twist to them. sia1 (Especially since some of the original artwork is impossible to recreate due to the hand drawn textures and fonts rip3 )

Xy9m7L4.jpg

h78lJNq.jpg

^ I hate all of the original artwork but I LOVED the image they used in Japan.

3VGxw4H.jpg

o6PBL3T.jpg

^I want to buy Encyclopedia Madonnica so I can add some better track info. This one is definitely not going to stay there. fall3 Things would go much faster if I didn't have to look for somewhat neutral retrospective articles/paragraphs on each single.

2 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Everybody is like 40€ and so are all the other 80's singles since none of them have ever really come out in digital form. (Yes it's true. Madonna's single versions are very hard to get in digital form. Most of them have never even been released digitally.)

This is what bothers me the most about Celebration. They should have used the single mixes which are difficult to get, instead of all those album versions and TIC mixes laughcry1

3 minutes ago, Igloo Australia said:

Am I referring to the material of the cover as the wrong thing? rip3 @Salvatore

Not necessarily. mj1

The first one is a "card sleeve", the second one a jewel case. Physical singles usually come in Slimeline jewel cases or in card sleeves, because they are easier and cheaper to manufacture. The standard case for CDs in general, however, is the jewel case, either with a black or transparent CD tray. The transparent case is prettier, because it gives you the opportunity to add some additional artwork underneath the CD tray. aretha1

The only time I checked Discogs for Japanese CD singles collection was about two years ago and they had one for like 2000 dollars. I was like leave this shit to yourself bitch hottie1

Anybody has Holiday Collection? It's pointless like You Can Dance, but I wish I could just buy it with TIC like they used to sell it back then. But it's too late now I guess, and I try to buy new Cds only...

3 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

This is what bothers me the most about Celebration. They should have used the single mixes which are difficult to get, instead of all those album versions and TIC mixes laughcry1

They actually did some fake edits for Celebration. They tried to replicate the US 7" Edit of Everybody, but failed. laughcry1

Just now, Vertigo-go said:

The only time I checked Discogs for Japanese CD singles collection was about two years ago and they had one for like 2000 dollars. I was like leave this shit to yourself bitch hottie1

This site is pretty much the most comprehensive Madonna archive when it comes to her releases. You may wanna check it out:

http://madonnarecords.com/

2 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Not necessarily. mj1

The first one is a "card sleeve", the second one a jewel case. Physical singles usually come in Slimeline jewel cases or in card sleeves, because they are easier and cheaper to manufacture. The standard case for CDs in general, however, is the jewel case, either with a black or transparent CD tray. The transparent case is prettier, because it gives you the opportunity to add some additional artwork underneath the CD tray. aretha1

Yeah I didn't know what to call it rip3 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.