trashmagic

Some cool facts about miscellaneous albums

I thought I'd just group all these facts together as there isn't many on these 'inbetween' eras. Enjoy!

GREATEST HITS: MY PREROGATIVE

1. A video for (I've Just Begun) Having My Fun was supposed to be filmed but Britney's team rejected this possibility, opting instead to release the song as a promotional single instead
  2. The original My Prerogative song was by Bobby Brown who, interestingly, was Whitney Houston's ex and it was through a cover of a Whitney song that Britney first got signed!
  3. Bobby Brown famously hated Britney's cover of the song (but likes Britney), stating that the only reason he allowed her to do it was to make money (sucks for him cause Britney's version is clearly the superior one brit1)
  4. The house from the My Prerogative video is the same one from the Halloween H20 and Scream 3 films
  5. Britney's brother Brian and his wife appear in the My Prerogative, along with Britney's then-boyfriend, slimy disgusting nasty gold-digging Kevin Federline
  6. The MP video was shot shortly after Britney began recovering from her knee operation, which is why the video mostly focuses on close-ups and very little movement from Miss Spears herself
  7. Do Somethin' was not originally supposed to have a video, but Britney pushed for it to happen
  8. The Do Somethin' video marks Britney's co-directing debut
  9. Britney is credited as Mona Lisa in the Do Somethin' video, which was an alter-ego that she used when she wanted to get things done or needed to be a bit mean to other people so she could have things done right; this name later formed the basis for the infamous Original Doll track (more on that later)
  10. The F.I.B.S. hat that Britney wears in the Do Somethin' video originally appeared in the Outrageous video; the acronyms were directed at the press, standing for 
  11. Britney did most of the DS video's choreography
  12. Most of the cast of the DS video are her friends from Louisiana
  13. The album was initially supposed to include 4 new songs, rather than 2 new songs and a b-side; I've Just Begun was an In the Zone reject, with DS and MP being the only 'new' songs
  14. Breathe On Me was supposed to be included on the tracklist but was left off at the last minute
  15. Do Somethin' was originally for European girl group Melodi Brown; their version remains unreleased, although they have performed the track live
  16. DS was never released as a physical single
  17. This compilation album was released without promotion to allow Britney to enjoy her engagement to Kevin and focus on the Original Doll project that was eventually shelved. It was supposed to allow Britney to part ways with her last albums and begin a fresh start with OD
  18. Due to copyright issues with Louis Vuitton, the DS video was banned on all European TV networks and was not uploaded to YouTube until 2015, well after all other videos

CHAOTIC EP

1. The album was used to promote Britney's 'Chaotic' reality show, which showcased Britney's life and the lead up to her marriage - it was originally only supposed to feature Britney, but she met Kevin and plans for this changed
  2. The 'Chaotic' TV show was originally supposed to be called 'OnTourage' and document her life backstage during the European leg of The Onyx Hotel Tour
  3. Britney recently stated that she thinks the Chaotic TV show was the worst thing she'd ever done in her career and deeply regrets doing it
  4. Chaotic is Britney's first (and currently only) EP
  5. And Then We Kiss, which was recorded for ITZ, was supposed to be on Chaotic but was removed and instead remixed for B in the Mix
  6. Someday (I Will Understand) is the only released song written entirely by Britney herself; she composed it on the piano at her house
  7. Though Someday quite clearly appears to be about her pregnancy with her first child Sean Preston, it was actually written 2 weeks before she found out she was pregnant. Prophecy-ny! 
  8. Britney apparently planned to do a video for Mona Lisa, focusing on the ideas of phoenixes and rebirth, but this was (again!) scrapped by Jive

THE SINGLES COLLECTION

1. The fourth picture frame on the cover was originally going to be the cover art for the Toxic single
  2. The album itself was released to commemorate the Princess of Pop's 10 year reign on the throne - she's hitting 20 years in 3 years!
  3. I Wanna Go and Up 'N' Down from Femme Fatale were both supposed to be on this compilation
  4. The left-field reference to 'Peter, Paul and Mary' in 3 was badly timed due to the death of Mary Travers shortly before the song's release
  5. Oddly enough, 3 was Britney's 3rd #1 on the Billboard Hot 100!
  6. 3 was the first song by any artist in 3 years to debut at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100

B IN THE MIX

1. This was the original cover for the album
  2. The album had two working titles - 'Remixed' and 'Just Be: The Remixes'
  3. And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix) was released as a single in very select countries, including Japan and Australia
  4. Before releasing B in the Mix, Jive released a promotional EP entitled 'Key Cuts From Remixed' to certain DJs

The following albums are all entirely rumoured and there are no definite facts for either of them, so be warned!

ORIGINAL DOLL

1. Let me just get this straight first - none of the songs we have were intended for Original Doll. Mona Lisa was the only song confirmed to be for the album and, even then, the version we currently have from the Chaotic EP is rather different to the version Britney premiered on KIIS-FM; the original version is far darker, with different lyrics, different production and different vocals. None of the songs rumoured to be on Original Doll - Do Somethin', Guilty, Money Love & Happiness etc - were meant for the album.
  2. Britney said in 2004 that she only wanted 1 producer for the Original Doll album; this was likely to be either Bloodshy & Avant or Michelle Bell, as B&A produced Mona Lisa and Michelle had been writing many songs with Britney for the album
  3. It is rumoured that the 'Original Doll' title was a jab at Jive Records, as they were planning to create a girl band that was a copy-cat of ITZ-ney (this group was rumoured to be the Pussycat Dolls). Britney found it funny that Jive wanted to 'clone' her, so was rumoured to title the album after this and changed the lyrics to Mona Lisa ("she's been cloned") to match this
  4. There is actually no confirmed reason as to why the album was cancelled. Some say it was because Britney got pregnant, some say that Jive pulled the plug because Britney premiered Mona Lisa on the radio without their permission. It's also argued that Jive didn't like the material they heard from the album as it was too organic and not the commercial pop they wanted. Another theory is that Britney was simply rush-releasing the album as she'd only recently released GH:MP, so she instead changed her mind to take her time and make it better
  5. This article contains the best information about Original Doll, it's well worth a read if you want to know more

CHRISTMAS ALBUM

1. Jive Records apparently ran some very very minimal promo for a Christmas album for Britney in 2000/1; some fans heard a demo tape and said that the song were 'promising'
  2. It is likely that My Only Wish (This Year) and a studio version of Silent Night were intended for this

STONECREEK RECORDS ALBUM

1. Britney is rumoured to have had a record deal before she signed with Jive; it was with Stonecreek Records, a subsidiary of Epic Records, and was signed in 1994 whilst Britney was 12
  2. The label folded in 1997, so it is possible that Britney never recorded anything within them; however, if she had, it is likely that she would have gone down a more R&B route as the label also represented Boys II Men

BRITNEY'S RECORD LABEL

1. It was rumoured in 2004 that Britney was creating her own label, which was a subsidiary of Jive
  2. Rumoured titles include Britney Spears Productions, B&L Productions (Britney and Lynne?) and Superstar Records
  3. Britney considered signing JoJo and Kirsty Lee Cook to the label

6 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

A Christmas Album would have been a great idea to showcase her vocal range :( I guess her label didn't want her to try to go this way fall6

This is true, but I think it's also because Xtina had recently released an Xmas album as well jj2

2 minutes ago, trashmagic said:

This is true, but I think it's also because Xtina had recently released an Xmas album as well jj2

Yeah I was thinking about that too jj2 Her label was wrong anyway. Britney's voice and Xtina's are wayyy different. Britney could have done her thing perfectly singing with her voice because it's unique and deep. And a lot of pop-stars have made a Christmas Album, why not Brit? brit2 Furthermore, we know she is catholic and she likes all those things dead4

9 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Yeah I was thinking about that too jj2 Her label was wrong anyway. Britney's voice and Xtina's are wayyy different. Britney could have done her thing perfectly singing with her voice because it's unique and deep. And a lot of pop-stars have made a Christmas Album, why not Brit? brit2 Furthermore, we know she is catholic and she likes all those things dead4

Jive literally sabotaged her career so much its unreal dead4

13 hours ago, Lord Stoneheart said:

how sad it is that I knew all these facts from all these threads dead2 

i feel like an old grumpy grandpa

it's not just you dude dead2 

I feel ashamed to be called a stan fall7 

I knew some of them tho nat1 

3 hours ago, Cortez said:

@trashmagic WHERE do you get all of these? giveup1 

3 hours ago, Blue Riding Hood said:

memory moo1 

they were all archived from this Brazilian forum in really bad English dead7

3 minutes ago, Blue Riding Hood said:

name? dead7 

i don't remember, i just googled "Britney spears album facts" and it came up dead7 i did add some facts of my own tho jj2