Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

HeatSeeker

Katy Perry | Charts & Sales

One Of The Boys - 1.38m

getAlbumArtImg?size=1&artist=Katy%20Perry&album=One%20of%20the%20Boys&song=

I Kissed A Girl (#1) - 4.0m

Hot N Cold (#3) - 4.8m

Teenage Dream - 1,328,370

katy_perry_teenage_dream_cover_art.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1282767246030

California Gurls (#1) - 4.8m

Teenage Dream (#1) - 3.6m

Firework (#1) - 4.0m

E.T. (#1) - 1,668,000

Don't have info on Waking Up In Vegas or Thinking of You atm.

One Of The Boys - 1.38m

getAlbumArtImg?size=1&artist=Katy%20Perry&album=One%20of%20the%20Boys&song=

I Kissed A Girl (#1) - 4.0m

Hot N Cold (#3) - 4.8m

Teenage Dream - 1,328,370

katy_perry_teenage_dream_cover_art.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1282767246030

California Gurls (#1) - 4.8m

Teenage Dream (#1) - 3.6m

Firework (#1) - 4.0m

E.T. (#1) - 1,668,000

Don't have info on Waking Up In Vegas or Thinking of You atm.

These are the US sales right ?

Katy on Digital Songs this week:

1 PERRY*KATY FEAT. KANYE WEST E.T. 327,327 29 253,947 1,668,942

23 PERRY*KATY FIREWORK 70,608 0 70,457 3,987,912

67 PERRY*KATY TEENAGE DREAM 26,786 -24 35,265 3,558,043

126 PERRY*KATY FEAT. SNOOP DOGG CALIFORNIA GURLS 15,065 -43 26,640 4,740,552

Idc if Katy ain't selling the album as well as she should be because she is killing everyone else with every single she releases!

I'd rather her release an album that sells alright but is packed full of hits than a big selling album with a few hits. I mean i'd prefer both but that never happens anymore and nowadays people remember the songs over the album any day.

Posted by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

Katy Perry has two reasons to celebrate this week. "E.T.," her collabo with Kanye West, tops the Hot 100 for the third straight week. And her previous smash, "Firework," tops the 4 million mark in digital sales. It's her fourth song to reach that plateau, which is more than any other artist in digital history. Lady Gaga, Rihanna and will.i.am have each had three 3-million-sellers. (will.i.am's total includes two Black Eyed Peas hits and his featured role on Usher's "OMG.")

"Firework" has sold 4,051,000 copies as of this week. Perry's other 4 million-sellers are "I Kissed A Girl" (4,011,000), "Hot N Cold" (4,821,000) and "California Gurls" (with Snoop Dogg, 4,753,000).

This is the fifth straight week that "E.T." has ranked #1 on Hot Digital Songs. "E.T." is the first hit to head that chart for five or more consecutive weeks since "Love The Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna led the way for six straight weeks last summer.

This is the second week in a row that "E.T." has topped 300K in weekly sales. It has surged the past two weeks because of the belated premiere of the song's effects-laden video on March 31.

Perry is the first artist in digital history to top 300K in weekly sales with four different songs. She has done it with "Hot N Cold," "California Gurls," "Firework" and now "E.T." Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Eminem have each topped 300K in weekly sales with three songs.

She may be a "singles artist", but she's a record-setting singles artist.

Posted by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

Katy Perry has two reasons to celebrate this week. "E.T.," her collabo with Kanye West, tops the Hot 100 for the third straight week. And her previous smash, "Firework," tops the 4 million mark in digital sales. It's her fourth song to reach that plateau, which is more than any other artist in digital history. Lady Gaga, Rihanna and will.i.am have each had three 3-million-sellers. (will.i.am's total includes two Black Eyed Peas hits and his featured role on Usher's "OMG.")

"Firework" has sold 4,051,000 copies as of this week. Perry's other 4 million-sellers are "I Kissed A Girl" (4,011,000), "Hot N Cold" (4,821,000) and "California Gurls" (with Snoop Dogg, 4,753,000).

This is the fifth straight week that "E.T." has ranked #1 on Hot Digital Songs. "E.T." is the first hit to head that chart for five or more consecutive weeks since "Love The Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna led the way for six straight weeks last summer.

This is the second week in a row that "E.T." has topped 300K in weekly sales. It has surged the past two weeks because of the belated premiere of the song's effects-laden video on March 31.

Perry is the first artist in digital history to top 300K in weekly sales with four different songs. She has done it with "Hot N Cold," "California Gurls," "Firework" and now "E.T." Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Eminem have each topped 300K in weekly sales with three songs.

She may be a "singles artist", but she's a record-setting singles artist.

From this week's Ask Billboard:

'TEENAGE' LOVE AFFAIR

Hi Gary,

With Katy Perry's "E.T." atop the Hot 100 for a third week, I got to thinking about the song's parent album, "Teenage Dream."

Now that it has produced four Hot 100 No. 1s, how is the album faring? Has it outsold Perry's first album, "One of the Boys"? How would you describe the sales of the album in general terms, given the current market?

(I realize, too, that the remix of "E.T." featuring Kanye West is not available on "Teenage Dream." Based on iTunes rankings, however, it seems that the album version is also selling well and I assume that it's convincing at least a few music fans to buy the entire record).

Thanks for your thoughts!

Best,

Mark Blankenship

New York, New York

Hi Mark,

On multiple levels, "Teenage Dream" has racked an impressive resume since its debut atop the Billboard 200 the week of Sept. 11, 2010.

In addition to becoming just the ninth album in the Hot 100's 52-year history to generate four No. 1s, the set has spent all 33 of its chart weeks in the Billboard 200's top 40. It not only ranks at No. 14 on this week's chart, but, with sales of 354,000 since January, it's also the 14th-best-selling set so far this year.

"Dream" hasn't outsold "Boys" yet, but it's a close race:

Album, Sales to-date

"One of the Boys," 1,374,000

"Teenage Dream," 1,350,000

The gap between the two sets' total sales? 24,000. With "Dream" having sold 22,000 this week and "Boys," 2,000, "Dream" appears on the edge of passing "Boys" in total sales. That "Boys" has been out since June 2008 - giving the album a two-year head start over "Dream" - emphasizes how strongly Perry has followed up her breakthrough effort.

Not only has Perry collected a quartet of Hot 100 toppers, but "Teenage Dream" has also generated five No. 1s on Dance/Club Play Songs. In addition to the Hot 100 No. 1s "California Gurls," featuring Snoop Dogg, "Teenage Dream," "Firework" and "E.T.," the cheeky "Peacock" led the Dec. 4, 2010, chart.

With five leaders from one set, Perry joins the elite company of Beyonce (six Dance/Club Play Songs No. 1s from "I Am...Sasha Fierce," 2009-10), Nelly Furtado (five from "Loose," 2006-07) and Madonna (five from "American Life," 2002-04).

And, with potential singles such as the uptempo "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" and ballad "Not Like the Movies," "Dream" might yet produce further hits.

In all, after "Boys" introduced Perry, "Dream" has clearly solidified her standing among pop culture's major players. Her marriage to Russell Brand and quirky, unique fashion sense have additionally aided her profile; she's ranked in the top 10 each week of the new Social 50 chart's 20-week existence.

(My favorite example of Perry's talents? The clever name she gave her cat: Kitty Purry, a feline who even has her own Facebook page ...)

Not Like the Movies? I think 'The One That Got Away' is more radio friendly. Even though her album sales are not as strong as her singles, she really escalated in the overall record sales dept.

These are just U.S. sales:

I Kissed A Girl 4,011,000

Hot N Cold 4,821,000

California Gurls 4,753,000

Teenage Dream 3,558,043

Firework 4,051,000

E.T. 1,992,000

Katy has 4 songs reach 4+ mil sales, more than any other artist in US digital history. :cheer:

I love how the article is only citing good things about the album's performance, and not bringing up the fact that it's only sold 1.3 million despite 4 huge hits :tehe: But yeah her single sales are amazing, even I didn't think Firework and E.T. could hit the top spot. And I hope Last Friday Night is released, it'll be her 5th consecutive top 5 hit from the era for sure.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.