Villanelle

My one criticism of Burlesque

That it was clearly a part written for/by xtina.

Seriously the Etta James OBSESSION in this damn movie fall4 

Firstly if they are lipsyncing to the great burlesque songs you will not find songs like Tough Lover um2 what is burlesque about that um2 also the fact that he introduced ali to the producer and shes like "omgomgomogmmgomogmomg u werked with etta james" and then she sings SGAHOM at the beginning like um2

There are other singers

I see your point, but at the same time I love the two covers. cry8

Maybe her mentioning Etta was too much, and maybe it should've been cut. um3

But Tough Lover SLAYYYYSSSS I don't want to imagine the movie without that part in it. cry7

Tough Lover sounds like a good burlesque song; those horns aretha1

It's obviously her movie, like The Bodyguard or all those films where Elvis sings his songs rip3 But I thought it was pretty good for a star vehicle, and her acting was decent, and it was actually funny. I need to be in a mood for it though, because last time I watched it, I was irritated by all those cliches um3 The REALLY cringy part is that dated early 90s line "You're not GAY? Oh my gosh, but you are wearing eyeliner and working in a nightclub in LA scream1  " So horrible um3

28 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

Tough Lover sounds like a good burlesque song; those horns aretha1

It's obviously her movie, like The Bodyguard or all those films where Elvis sings his songs rip3 But I thought it was pretty good for a star vehicle, and her acting was decent, and it was actually funny. I need to be in a mood for it though, because last time I watched it, I was irritated by all those cliches um3 The REALLY cringy part is that dated early 90s line "You're not GAY? Oh my gosh, but you are wearing eyeliner and working in a nightclub in LA scream1  " So horrible um3

The movie is filled with cliches and corny lines. dead2 At least she looked gorgeous and we got a great soundtrack album out of it. rav2