Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Americunt

Lana Del Rey | Lust For Life | July 21st, 2017

qxjQZvt.jpg

P3bClQX.pngsIRPum0.png
cx18KmL.jpgccz76q0.jpg

Official Tracklist:
1. Love
{4:39}
2. Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd) {4:24}
3. 13 Beaches {4:56}
4. Cherry {3:01}
5. White Mustang {2:45}
6. Summer Bummer (feat. A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti) {4:13}
7. Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky) {4:45}
8. In My Feelings {3:59}
9. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind {4:18}
10. God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It {4:36}
11. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing {4:36}
12. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks) {4:14}
13. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon) {5:08}
14. Heroin {5:54}
15. Change {5:21}
16. Get Free {5:34}

Total Length: 1 hour, 9 minutes, 3 seconds

Other recorded tracks:
Architecture
Roses Bloom For You
Yosemite
Lust For Life (Solo Demo)
Tomorrow Never Came (Solo Demo)
Something Real (13 Beaches Demo)
Beautiful People (Solo Demo)
Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky) [Demo w/alternate Rocky verse]
Malibu (Get Free Demo)

Probable producers/collaborators:
Emile Haynie
Rick Nowels
Kieron Menzies
Dean Reid
Benny Blanco
The Weeknd
Sean Lennon
Max Martin
Stevie Nicks
A$AP Rocky
Boi-1da
Playboi Carti

One of the demos from 2016 sounds very sinister. Similar to the track "Honeymoon", but darker. Horror movie teas.

-Eclipse (@chasethathigh on Twitter, supermovie on Tumblr)

An acronym, "SR", was noted. A lyric from this song is "You took the [SR]", with the acronym enumerated in the actual lyric. This track was apparently recorded for inclusion on a soundtrack and will not be a part of the album's tracklist.

On February 17th, the song thought to be titled "Young and In Love" was leaked in full and revealed by posters placed around Los Angeles to be simply titled "Love". On February 18th, the track was released as the lead single of the album.

Variance reported on February 18th that the album would include collaborations with multiple artists and that it was more upbeat and made "for the fans".

The new record, which is expected to be more upbeat than some of her past material, is one of Variance's 50 Albums to Watch for in 2017.

The full album will include contributions from a number of "exciting guest featured artists," according to a rep in a message to Variance.

Regarding the new music, the singer said: “I made my first four albums for me, but this one is for my fans and about where I hope we are all headed."

On February 20th, she confirmed in an Instagram livestream to promote the drop of the video for Love that the album has "retro sensibility with a futuristic flair".

During a phone interview with BBC Radio One on February 20th, she said that "Love" is a good indicator of the sound of the album as a whole.

On February 24th, Lana did an interview with BBC Radio Two. She was at a rehearsal space with The Last Shadow Puppets member Miles Kane and confirmed that the two of them had been writing together, for an unspecified project, unlikely to be this album.

On March 19th, Father John Misty confirmed on Twitter that he has not collaborated with Lana for the album.

On March 27th, a new song was registered on ASCAP: "Lust For Life", featuring The Weeknd.

On March 29th, the album trailer was posted, confirming the album title as "Lust For Life".

On April 18th, the Dazed Magazine interview was released, confirming a song titled "Tomorrow Never Came" featuring Sean Lennon. Courtney Love also confirmed that she had not collaborated with Lana for the record.

On April 26th, it was confirmed by Pitchfork that Stevie Nicks contributed to writing a song on the album.

On May 11th, a song titled "God Bless America" was confirmed by Lana's interview with Elle Magazine.

On May 13th, the Arabic music streaming service Anghami announced a soon-to-be-released track titled "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind".

On May 15th, Lana's interview with Flaunt Magazine confirmed the titles "When The World Was At War, We Kept Dancing" and "Beautiful People (feat. Stevie Nicks)".

On May 17th, Lana's interview with Paris Match magazine confirmed that the album would be released on July 21st, 2017. A song titled "13 Beaches" was also confirmed to exist, though it wasn't explicitly stated to be on the album.

On May 18th, Lana posted rehearsal footage of herself dancing while a snippet of a new track played in the background. The title of this song is not yet confirmed, though it does not seem to be one of the songs whose titles was already known.

On May 20th, Lana performed a new track titled "Cherry" at KROQ's Weenie Roast festival.

On May 24th, Lana tweeted, confirming the album release date of July 21st, 2017.

On May 27th, Lana confirmed in an interview with the BBC that Lust For Life is 18 tracks long.

On June 2nd, Lana previewed a song featuring Playboi Carti, A$AP Rocky and Boi-1da on Instagram. This song was believed to be titled "Daisy Chains", but is actually titled "Summer Bummer".

On June 3rd, Lana shared a clip of a song written in March titled "Roses Bloom For You", which did not make the cut on Lust For Life.

On June 8th, Lana posted another snippet of a new track on Instagram, titled "White Mustang".

On June 10th, Lana posted one more snippet of a new track on Instagram of a song titled "Change".

On June 12th, Lana posted a further clip of the track "Change".

On June 22nd, several retailers posted a 16-track listing for Lust For Life.

On June 23rd, Shazam started recognizing snippets that Lana had previously posted, confirming that the 16-track listing from the previous day was real.

On June 27th, Lana posted a snippet of the studio version of "Cherry".

On June 30th, Lana announced on Twitter that the pre-order for the album would be available on July 12th, along with two new tracks.

On July 5th, track lengths were posted on several music databases.

On July 6th, it was confirmed that the two new tracks set to come with the Lust For Life pre-order are Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky) and Summer Bummer (feat. A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti).

On July 12th, the Lust For Life pre-order went up, along with a live premiere of Groupie Love and Summer Bummer on Apple Music's Beats 1 radio.

On July 13th, the French hip-hop website Masilia2007 posted an 8 minute track consisting of 30 second snippets from each of the tracks on the album.

25 minutes ago, Jake said:

I'm gonna guess November. A guessing game for the release date would be a pretty good idea.

Yeah, if she releases a new album this year, it will probably be in November. I would rather if she took her time, but I wouldn't complain having new music this year jj2

Just now, Dr. Slay said:

Here for this lj1

Ultraviolence was pretty dark, but I need something like they already described, something horrorish. 

She's coming! yas2 

If it's anything like Honeymoon I will fucking tear up my stan card. This time for real. The title track of the last album is absolutely disgusting and I wish it didn't exist. Give me some drums, Lana and proper melodies!

I hope she produces something as groundbreacking like Born To Die and Paradise were. I legit love every song in both albums bey5

Though i would throw something like Honeymoon and Old Money (best ballad by Lana, thank you very muchbey1) along the way

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.