Snow

'Love Story' named one of the greatest country songs of the century

taylor-swift-love-story-2008-billboard-6 

No. 10: Taylor Swift, ‘Love Story’ – Top Country Songs of the Century

Taylor Swift’s collective country catalog had an undeniable influence on 21st century country music, but finding one song that shaped the format more than another proved challenging. “Love Story” was chosen as Swift’s selection for this list of the Top Country Songs of the Century because, if for no other reason, it was such an undeniable hit.

The 2008 song is still one of the best-selling country songs of all time. It also introduced the dramatic choreography that her tours would become known for. Really, it’s a mini-movie — a modern take on the classic Romeo and Juliet story that would give birth to one of the most elaborate and exciting tours of the 21st century.

“Tim McGraw,” “Mean” and “Teardrops on My Guitar” were other Swift songs considered, but none had the resume of “Love Story.” Opinions on the direction of country music are varied and passionate, and Swift’s music has led the transformation. This song also ranked high on Taste of Country’s lists of the Top Country Songs of All Time (No. 17) and the Top Country Love Songs of All Time (No. 17).

x

Glad they're appreciating Taylor's amazing songwriting oprah13 

Love Story is obviously not Taylor's best song but one of her career-defining hits so it's understandable why they included it over superior songs like All Too Well or Enchanted rav2 

8 hours ago, Snow said:

“Tim McGraw,” “Mean” and “Teardrops on My Guitar” were other Swift songs considered, but none had the resume of “Love Story.” Opinions on the direction of country music are varied and passionate, and Swift’s music has led the transformation. This song also ranked high on Taste of Country’s lists of the Top Country Songs of All Time (No. 17) and the Top Country Love Songs of All Time (No. 17).

Tim McGraw and Teardrops on my Guitar are one of my fave Taylor songs but Mean has one of her most cringeworthy lyrics and is among her worst singles. I really don't see why they felt the need to mention it here trash1 

8 hours ago, fab said:

Glad they're appreciating Taylor's amazing songwriting oprah13 

Love Story is obviously not Taylor's best song but one of her career-defining hits so it's understandable why they included it over superior songs like All Too Well or Enchanted rav2 

Tim McGraw and Teardrops on my Guitar are one of my fave Taylor songs but Mean has one of her most cringeworthy lyrics and is among her worst singles. I really don't see why they felt the need to mention it here trash1 

Sis, Mean won her TWO grammys.  bey2 Its such a bop.  

Tim McGraw is flawless though 

18 hours ago, fab said:

Wasn't it Mine that got two Grammies? oprah12

It was actually Mean, it won Best Country Solo Performance & Best Country Song. Mine wasn't even nominated fall3
THE SNUBBERY OF GOOD SIS MINE fall3 IT DESERVED 200 GRAMMYS fall3fall3fall3

14 minutes ago, Avril Lavigne said:

what? shock1

Love Story is still amazing even when I have the "less Country" version of this song tay1

I agree jj2 it makes me feel nostalgic, and it's still a great song. But I can think of many better songs she's released than Love Story tbh jj2