Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mikey Likey

Rihanna | Talk That Talk | November 21, 2011

What?

So she's not re-releasing Loud? So confused...

nope.

i always knew she wasnt.

i guess when she meant 'new music, same era' was the 7th single - Cheers, which is from the same era (Loud) but is technically new music to the public.

She may still be wringing singles from her platinum-plus Loud album, but Rihanna is already prepping her sixth studio effort. And, from the sound of things, it'll be finished soon.

RiRi took to her Twitter account early Thursday morning (September 15) to confirm that, yes, sessions for album number six are already under way. "I can't wait to start filling u guys in on some details!" she exclaimed.

Rihanna punctuated that tweet with a "*Zips lips*," meaning that, for now at least, she's done talking about the project.

Talk of new music began on Wednesday, when the singer retweeted a post from production duo the Runners (Rihanna's "California King Bed" and "Cheers"), who wrote, "Shout out to @alexdelicata for makin history with us. Wait till they hear this new @rihanna song."

But in late July, producer Verse Simmonds — one half of the studio duo known as the Jugganauts, who produced Rihanna's hit "Man Down" — talked to MTV News' Mixtape Daily about the new album, saying that Ri was close to completing work on the disc.

"From what I understand, she's closing the album up now, and we did two records for her that she really, really loved, and I'm really excited about them as well," Simmonds said. "They are records that we wrote and produced as the Jugganauts."

Simmonds said he was "99.999 percent" sure that his and production partner Sak Pase's contributions would make the final cut, and while he wouldn't elaborate on what Rihanna's new album would sound like, he did hint that it'll move in a direction quite different from "Man Down."

"Because we ... as producers, as artists, we try to always come with something different, a whole new sound," he explained.

Of course, finishing up her album isn't the only thing on Rihanna's plate these days. During Wednesday night's "The X Factor" launch party in Los Angeles, Simon Cowell confirmed to KIIS FM that she would also serve as a guest judge on the show, saying, "You're going to see her."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1670772/rihanna-new-album.jhtml

it's coming soon +excited+

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.