edwinfg

Norwegian Dagny responds to accusations that her artwork plagiarises Lana Del Rey

Norwegian singer Dagny has responded to accusations of plagiarism over her 'Ultraviolet' EP artwork.

The rising pop musician released her breakthrough single 'Backbeat' earlier this year, following it with the 'Ultraviolet' EP this month.

Since its release, online commentators have pointed out the supposed similarities of the EP's cover art to various artwork of Lana Del Rey, specifically the latter singer's releases 'Born To Die' and 'Ultraviolence'.

Christina Schroeter of the band Family Of The Year is among those to allude to such supposed similarities, tweeting: "I dunno who Dagny is but when you sponsor a tweet that shows up to a Lana fan". Best Coast's Bethany Cosentino later responded to the tweet. 

Dagny has since provided a response to NME, saying: "It wasn't intentional but I really like Lana! It was a spur of the moment photo that we took on tour and I felt like it captured the EP, so I wanted to use it as the artwork."

Meanwhile, Lana Del Rey is thought to be working on the follow-up to her 2015 album.

X

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone is copying Lana!

Sort of a reach! It's really just the font that's similar and even then, Lana uses Rainbow, which has rounded edges, while this girl's using something with hard edges.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.