Holly

Glory's position on the BB200 - we need to discuss this. Tears are welcome, hugs are offered all around.

I still think the main issue isn't the promo nor the album itself, but the fact that Britney has been in the game for 18 years. She unfortunately cannot connect with the young demographic anymore and it's not her fault, every artist that's been around for that long has that same issue. Media considers them nostalgia acts and old news, young people never really got the chance to experience them. The fact that she managed to have smashes 13 years into her career is amazing by itself, other artists fade away much earlier. So yeah, even the frontloaded sales weren't that bad to be honest, could be much worse. She still has a big fanbase that supports her but the GP has moved on. 

50 minutes ago, TJ said:

Regardless of you who you stan for, this is generally the fate of our pop girls because of the bad sales climate and general disinterest towards these kinds of artists - Christina, Gaga, Kesha, JLo, Mariah, Madonna etc will all suffer the same fate. Only Adele, Taylor, Beyonce and to an extent Rihanna are the only one exempt from this trend. Quite sad really especially for Britney this time that she seemed invested in this record. It still is a business after all.

Both are in business for 25+ years aretha1

Madonna's album sales aren't that bad for her age tho. Rebel Heart reached 1,000,000 WW jj3

Britney, Xtina, JLo and Kesha can't even sold 500,000 copies anymore dead2

1 hour ago, TJ said:

Regardless of you who you stan for, this is generally the fate of our pop girls because of the bad sales climate and general disinterest towards these kinds of artists - Christina, Gaga, Kesha, JLo, Mariah, Madonna etc will all suffer the same fate. Only Adele, Taylor, Beyonce and to an extent Rihanna are the only one exempt from this trend. Quite sad really especially for Britney this time that she seemed invested in this record. It still is a business after all.

Don't put Madonna with them lol

Rebel heart sold 1m ww after 3 months of being available online for free

20 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

Not after the release 

We have iHeart and the iTuens Festival coming up, along with various other TV appearances and magazine covers. Promo was not the problem.

Might I say the single choices are obvious and plentiful 

• DYWCO? - Second choice
  • Change Your Mind - Third choice
  • Slumber Party - Fourth choice
(promo singles)

• Better 
  • MOTM
  • Love Me Down
  • Liar 

Change Your Mind is the only one with international mainstream potential. She needs to release it ASAP. Besides, it could give the deluxe edition a big push.

Slumber Party could do well in the US I don't know about WW but the reggae vibe also helped Cheap Thrills so who knows.

Now DYWCO I don't get what y'all see in it...it's so off-key and dissonant. The GP is 100% not gonna be here for a song like that. They weren't her for Focus (which is similar) either.

Liar is also catchy as fuck and sounds like something radio stations would eat up. But I don't think her team would release two deluxe tracks, although it would be smart.

The standard edition really doesn't have the most interesting tracks on it. Lots of fillers with no single potential.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app
1 hour ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Don't put Madonna with them lol

Rebel heart sold 1m ww after 3 months of being available online for free

Yup. I bought 5 copies of Rebel Heart actually excluding my digital copy.

1 hour ago, Devil Pray said:

Both are in business for 25+ years aretha1

Madonna's album sales aren't that bad for her age tho. Rebel Heart reached 1,000,000 WW jj3

Britney, Xtina, JLo and Kesha can't even sold 500,000 copies anymore dead2

I'm not disregarding their longevity. Just stating the general fate of pop girls nowadays. I actually bought 3 copies MIAMTEC and 5 copies of Rebel Heart. That's how dedicated I am to stanning for our divas.brit2

2 hours ago, Holly said:

Alright. Putting this in BG because I want people to feel free to speak their mind about this tragedy. I am one of the biggest Britney supporters - sure, my picture and first place medal is Gaga, but there's something about Britney that makes me just wanna swoop in and protect her from the world, you know? I want her to be happy, I want her to have more freedom in her life, I want her to do well, from a really genuine place. And I really, really feel that she got a lot more control over the direction of this album and put a lot more of herself into it, which makes it hurt even more when it's charting the way it has.

I relate to this so much fall1 there's just something about Britney that makes you want to hug her and make sure she's alright

OT: Nobody sells well anymore + her team is fucking up by continuing to push Make Me. It's not a magic single, move on. Slumber Party. Change Your Mind. Idc that it's a deluxe track, pull a Super Bass, you might just be surprised. And an actually good fucking video for the love of god.

I relate to this so much fall1 there's just something about Britney that makes you want to hug her and make sure she's alright

OT: Nobody sells well anymore + her team is fucking up by continuing to push Make Me. It's not a magic single, move on. Slumber Party. Change Your Mind. Idc that it's a deluxe track, pull a Super Bass, you might just be surprised. And an actually good fucking video for the love of god.

Like this?
tumblr_lxyzyuHFDz1qezxsoo1_500.gif

Back in 2008 Madonna was like one of the very few celebs who was still supporting Britney and being loyal to her.

She even dedicated the performance of her "fuck the media" anthem, "Human Nature" to Britney who was featured in the backdrop video and also performed the song on stage with her in LA.

Maybe that makes Madge more likeable for you. cry0

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app
2 hours ago, Holly said:

I thought the corporations themselves funded it? If it's not taxpayer money why would people complain? That's genuinely interesting. It is a great tourist attraction, for sure. The ferris wheel lit up was amazing. 

Listen to "Change Your Mind" and "Slumber Party", then if you hate it, so be it. But I think those were highlights (as well as Do You Wanna Come Over and Love Me Down, but I think CYM definitely and SP demonstrate the range of the album better). 

You listened to two of the slowest songs on the album, and Make Me is slow too, so those are more fast upbeat ones. Would love to hear what you think, a fresh opinion. brit7 

nope, corporations are just participating. and the major argument is light pollution, if nobody local cares to see it, and there isn't flocks of tourists at star ferry every day, there isn't much of a point xtina11

I like Change Your Mind because who doesn't, but all the others are not my type brit10 especially Clumsy, what is that drop jj4 

37 minutes ago, Onika said:

THIS cry9 

I saw this on twitter before and it made me think of Britney

8pbj1hS.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright. Putting this in BG because I want people to feel free to speak their mind about this tragedy. I am one of the biggest Britney supporters - sure, my picture and first place medal is Gaga, but

Regardless of you who you stan for, this is generally the fate of our pop girls because of the bad sales climate and general disinterest towards these kinds of artists - Christina, Gaga, Kesha, JLo, M

I still think the main issue isn't the promo nor the album itself, but the fact that Britney has been in the game for 18 years. She unfortunately cannot connect with the young demographic anymore and

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.