Holly

Glory's position on the BB200 - we need to discuss this. Tears are welcome, hugs are offered all around.

Alright. Putting this in BG because I want people to feel free to speak their mind about this tragedy. I am one of the biggest Britney supporters - sure, my picture and first place medal is Gaga, but there's something about Britney that makes me just wanna swoop in and protect her from the world, you know? I want her to be happy, I want her to have more freedom in her life, I want her to do well, from a really genuine place. And I really, really feel that she got a lot more control over the direction of this album and put a lot more of herself into it, which makes it hurt even more when it's charting the way it has.

In case you guys didn't know... it went from #3 first week (respectable) to #37 in the second week. What the actual fuck. Are there any other pop girls that have had a drop this hard? I know all about the percentage drops from week one to week two, but I'm talking positions-wise. Is there a precedent for this? I am SHOOK in the worst way.

I legit went to the Billboard site to see where Glory was, confused to not see it in the top fifteen (I was being generous, I thought, I knew it would drop but surely not more than a dozen spots, right? It's getting good reviews! Winning back the critics, on her way to win back the GP!) so I kept scrolling. And scrolling. And scrolling. #37? Really? 

To show how serial I was about supporting my girl, I legit bought the physical album when I was in Hong Kong, ASAP when it came out. I haven't bought music in years (feel free to judge, but I'm just admitting it so you guys see how invested I was in Brit this time). 

So - feel free to share your pain, your anguish; I think on FOTP we all generally agree that it is a solid album. Regardless of whether you think it's her best or not, or where it ranks in her discography, most people seem to have found a decent few gems on the album and agree on its huge rise in quality and use-ability. 

I'm sure there are some haters ready to jump on in - feel free, as Brit would say, "no seas cortes" brit2 

At the end of the day it's still a good album. She's got 2 diamond certified albums and is recognised as a pop icon/pop royalty, so she has cemented her status already and has had the amazing sales. This doesn't change anything, it just gives good music to the fans.

That's actually 3rd week, but it's still disaster because it's out of charts almost everywhere.

Album is great and it deserves so much more, at least to sell more than BJ ww.

But even reaching 300,000 ww is going to be hard for her. I don't see her recovering from this...

It's probably one of the biggest flops in history by major female so far (only MIAM...TEC did worse i think)

4 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

That's actually 3rd week, but it's still disaster because it's out of charts almost everywhere.

But even reaching 300,000 ww is going to be hard for her. I don't see her recovering from this...

It's probably one of the biggest flops in history by major female so far (only MIAM...TEC did worse i think)

Oh, it was third week? Do you know what the second week position was? I'm surprised I missed it, I swear I was watching those charts like a hawk. 

5 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Agree, that's something that's maybe unrealistic of me what with album sales dropping so fast, but I really want from the bottom of my soul for it to outsell Britney Jean. Otherwise it just doesn't feel right, you know? 

3 minutes ago, The Lone Wolf said:

She needs a hit single and her sales will pick up.

MM was an utterly messy era.

The surprise release

The messy MV

Radios dropping it early

Weak streaming

Agree, this era has been kinda hard to watch. Can't believe she released a second MV for MM, and it was actually arguably worse than the first.... brit2brit2brit2 

Regardless of you who you stan for, this is generally the fate of our pop girls because of the bad sales climate and general disinterest towards these kinds of artists - Christina, Gaga, Kesha, JLo, Mariah, Madonna etc will all suffer the same fate. Only Adele, Taylor, Beyonce and to an extent Rihanna are the only one exempt from this trend. Quite sad really especially for Britney this time that she seemed invested in this record. It still is a business after all.

The only thing that could make era successful would be Britney's name.

This isn't a shade, but Glory doesn't have potential hit singles. This is her American Life album. aura1 The lack of hit music status probably affects album sales too.

The only songs I expect to have some success as singles would be Clumsy and Do You Wanna Come Over. xtina11

1 minute ago, blankdreams. said:

heyyy how did my hometown treat you? whit1 

It was incredible, the food there is amazing. Didn't enjoy the heat though brit2 But will definitely be coming back again. The Star Ferry and the ICC tower were cute, and the lights show on the harbour was amazing. I stayed in Wan Chai. 

What do you think of Glory? oprah3 

8 minutes ago, TJ said:

Regardless of you who you stan for, this is generally the fate of our pop girls because of the bad sales climate and general disinterest towards these kinds of artists - Christina, Gaga, Kesha, JLo, Mariah, Madonna etc will all suffer the same fate. Only Adele, Taylor, Beyonce and to an extent Rihanna are the only one exempt from this trend. Quite sad really especially for Britney this time that she seemed invested in this record. It still is a business after all.

This. Kylie, Lily Allen, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Alicia Keys, JLO, the list goes on who will suffer the same fate. 

2 minutes ago, Holly said:

It was incredible, the food there is amazing. Didn't enjoy the heat though brit2 But will definitely be coming back again. The Star Ferry and the ICC tower were cute, and the lights show on the harbour was amazing. I stayed in Wan Chai. 

What do you think of Glory? oprah3 

the heat gets wayyy too unbearable once you get to enjoy it cry4 the lights show on the harbour is getting lots of hate as well, because it's costing way too much money and not enough gains, glad you enjoyed it though!

i don't stan britney one bit, I listened to Invitation and MOTM and didn't bother afterwards, but it is kinda sad to see that drop dead2 maybe time to accept that pop girls aren't as hot as they are before!

1 minute ago, ♚Miss Bank$♚ said:

The song had 1 single and it wasn't promoted, neither was the album. Of course it bombed um2 

No 2nd single um2 

A shit MV um2 

A great album but a terrible era with terrible management. Rest In Piss Glory you won't be missed rip1 

To be fair, performing it at the VMAs and doing the carpool karaoke and cute mall thing with Ellen and interviews etc was promoting. Especially compared to the absolute nothingness in terms of promo for Britney Jean, there was definitely attempts at getting the song out there this time. 

2nd single should be early Oct, fingers crossed brit2 
.... yeah brit2 

All isn't lost just yet, come through Change Your Mind brit2 

Just now, Holly said:

To be fair, performing it at the VMAs and doing the carpool karaoke and cute mall thing with Ellen and interviews etc was promoting. Especially compared to the absolute nothingness in terms of promo for Britney Jean, there was definitely attempts at getting the song out there this time. 

VMAs was cute promo i guess but the carpool karaoke thing- she just sang her hits. Didnt really help the album tbh

1 minute ago, blankdreams. said:

the heat gets wayyy too unbearable once you get to enjoy it cry4 the lights show on the harbour is getting lots of hate as well, because it's costing way too much money and not enough gains, glad you enjoyed it though!

i don't stan britney one bit, I listened to Invitation and MOTM and didn't bother afterwards, but it is kinda sad to see that drop dead2 maybe time to accept that pop girls aren't as hot as they are before!

I thought the corporations themselves funded it? If it's not taxpayer money why would people complain? That's genuinely interesting. It is a great tourist attraction, for sure. The ferris wheel lit up was amazing. 

Listen to "Change Your Mind" and "Slumber Party", then if you hate it, so be it. But I think those were highlights (as well as Do You Wanna Come Over and Love Me Down, but I think CYM definitely and SP demonstrate the range of the album better). 

You listened to two of the slowest songs on the album, and Make Me is slow too, so those are more fast upbeat ones. Would love to hear what you think, a fresh opinion. brit7 

2 minutes ago, ♚Miss Bank$♚ said:

VMAs was cute promo i guess but the carpool karaoke thing- she just sang her hits. Didnt really help the album tbh

In an interview she said she was annoyed about that, I think she wanted to focus on the new album more. They did play Make Me at the end, but yeah, I can see why James Cordon or whatever his name chose her massive songs first, to get his own view count humming for his own purposes. At least they played it, even if it was last... brit2 It was also the song she looked most excited to sing, which is both funny and sad.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright. Putting this in BG because I want people to feel free to speak their mind about this tragedy. I am one of the biggest Britney supporters - sure, my picture and first place medal is Gaga, but

Regardless of you who you stan for, this is generally the fate of our pop girls because of the bad sales climate and general disinterest towards these kinds of artists - Christina, Gaga, Kesha, JLo, M

I still think the main issue isn't the promo nor the album itself, but the fact that Britney has been in the game for 18 years. She unfortunately cannot connect with the young demographic anymore and

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.