Juinae

(Im)perfect Angel

Mariahcarey_memoirsofanimperfectangel.pn

I am here to declare myself obsessed.mp3

5ML7O.gif

It took me having to sit through eight albums from the queen's self-titled debut to the physics equation of the century E=MC2 (including MTV Unplugged but excluding Rainbow and Charmbracelet per advice from the legendairy @Sylk) until I finally stumbled upon Mariah's magnum opus, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel. This is her best studio album, what kind of other queen serves their best material so far into their career? I call this longevity.

tumblr_o7cyvpQoBf1rwuk64o1_500.gif

I am proud to say that I have joined a rapidly expanding party of members with flawless taste such as the repenting @Skywalker, the majestic @Hyperballad, and the ultimate Mariah stan Sylk.

tumblr_mkhwvxrr0w1rnytu7o4_500.gif

For all of those who deny themselves the word of a day in Moo's life I offer you this:

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord."  Psylkms 9:13

5ML7O.gif

5 minutes ago, Sylk said:

OMG I THOUGHT THIS WAS GONNA BE A DRAG THREAD. STANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

giphy.gif

This isn't a thread about her debut though? wendy1

1 minute ago, LG6 Pls Be Good said:

tumblr_np1k4eyu6u1tr6pz0o1_250.gif

tumblr_np1k4eyu6u1tr6pz0o1_250.gif

19 minutes ago, Mark said:

@Sylk FUCK OFF CHARMBIBLE IS HER BEST 2000S ALBUM LEMME FIGHT YOU!

Image result for megan gif atrl

AND RAINBOW SHITS ON MEMOIRS = FACT!

NOBODY TALKED ABOUT CHARMFLOP OR RAINTRASH 

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT GODMOIRS SWEETIE

Just now, Sylk said:

NOBODY TALKED ABOUT CHARMFLOP OR RAINTRASH 

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT GODMOIRS SWEETIE

SPEAKING OF TRASH AND FLOPS... YOU STAN MEMOIRSImage result for megan gif atrl

ANYWAY SIS @Juinae YOU BETTER LISTEN TO HER 2000S MAGNUM OPUS GODBRACELET OR ELSE!

THE WHISTLES ON YOURSUS ALONE >>>>>>>>>>>> THE ENTIRE MEMOIRS ERA!!!!Image result for megan gif atrl

2 hours ago, Juinae said:

excluding Charmbracelet per advice from the legendairy @Sylk

How dare you skip Charmbracelet? awk1 It's easily better than Music Box, Rainbow, Glitter, E=MCand Memoirs awk1

But I saw you listened to @Sylk's opinion so no wonder you were led to believe that Memoirs was some sort of masterpiece (when it clearly isn't) jj2

2 hours ago, Sylk said:

@TattooedHeart @Skyline @Venus XCX @LG6 Pls Be Good

Memoir lovers outnumber the haters sweeties. you guys are OVER.

ebnag.gif

Memoirs is below Charmbracelet. FACT.
Memoirs is below Emotions. FACT.
Memoirs is below Mariah's debut album. FACT.

Although Memoirs is better than E=MC2, both Xmas albums, Rainbow and Music Box. So I'll give the album some credit.
ebnag.gif

3 minutes ago, Skyline said:

How dare you skip Charmbracelet? awk1 It's easily better than Music Box, Rainbow, Glitter, E=MCand Memoirs awk1

But I saw you listened to @Sylk's opinion so no wonder you were led to believe that Memoirs was some sort of masterpiece (when it clearly isn't) jj2

Wait he didn't skip Clitter? jj4 I'm sorry for the ear damage, sis!

4 minutes ago, Skyline said:

FIRST of all: He was hating everything  from the debut to Butterfly so I made the conscious decision to have him skip Rainbow & Charmbracelet and go right to Emancipation. Cause' I feel like, Rain and Charmy are very refined, and it takes a few listens to truly appreciate them. 

SECOND: I never told him to listen to Memoirs... I mean, as far as I can remember. HE LISTENED TO IT HIMSELF AND HE STANNED IT HIMSELF! Nothing surprising here, since it's one of her best albums! ny9 

4 minutes ago, Babydoll. said:

Listening to the album for the first time rn

Preched for the review 

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

SPEAKING OF TRASH AND FLOPS... YOU STAN MEMOIRSImage result for megan gif atrl

ANYWAY SIS @Juinae YOU BETTER LISTEN TO HER 2000S MAGNUM OPUS GODBRACELET OR ELSE!

THE WHISTLES ON YOURSUS ALONE >>>>>>>>>>>> THE ENTIRE MEMOIRS ERA!!!!Image result for megan gif atrl

SHUT YOUR FAT MOUTH THIS IS A MEMOIRS APPRECIATION THREAD, WE LOVE CHARMY AND RAINBOW BUT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MEMOIRS HERE AND I WILL NOT STAND AND WATCH SOMEONE SHADE MY FAV ALBUM Image result for megan gif atrl

1 minute ago, Sylk said:

SHUT YOUR FAT MOUTH THIS IS A MEMOIRS APPRECIATION THREAD, WE LOVE CHARMY AND RAINBOW BUT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MEMOIRS HERE AND I WILL NOT STAND AND WATCH SOMEONE SHADE MY FAV ALBUM Image result for megan gif atrl

REPORTED FOR TRASH TASTE!Image result for megan gif atrl

Just now, Sylk said:

FIRST of all: He was hating everything  from the debut to Butterfly so I made the conscious decision to have him skip Rainbow & Charmbracelet and go right to Emancipation. Cause' I feel like, Rain and Charmy are very refined, and it takes a few listens to truly appreciate them. 

SECOND: I never told him to listen to Memoirs... I mean, as far as I can remember. HE LISTENED TO IT HIMSELF AND HE STANNED IT HIMSELF! Nothing surprising here, since it's one of her best albums! ny9 

So "Rainbow" is considered 'refined'? I guess this is code word for shit moo6

Although I guess "Charmbracelet" is only for those with good taste who can appreciate it, so I guess it's 'refined' to an extent (especially for Memoirs fans) moo6

The Languishing interlude is the best track on Memoirs. The shade writes itself moo6

4 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Oh well I see the problem now! rav2