QUINN

Katy updates her Twitter layout: "A better me is coming."

7 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

she's ready for blood rip2 

BTW, that look is for something she did for COVERGIRL or something like that, there are photos on her IG

4 minutes ago, Call Me Adi said:

I know, it's for a Covergirl shoot.

It's from her 50s themed birthday party on Saturday. Covergirl was on the scene to do make up for the guests!

why is she taking so long to release a new album? ARTPOP and PRISM came out almost at the same time and Gagz already released C2C & Joanne rip2

1 minute ago, QUINN said:

It's from her 50s themed birthday party on Saturday. Covergirl was on the scene to do make up for the guests!

oh, she looks cute oprah2

3 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

why is she taking so long to release a new album? ARTPOP and PRISM came out almost at the same time and Gagz already released C2C & Joanne rip2

oh, she looks cute oprah2

Katy was on tour for her last album for a year and a half, and she doesn't write/record on the road. Also, she's said many times that she's taking time to live and grow with this album. But it  definitely seems to be done or very close to it now.

Just now, QUINN said:

Katy was on tour for her last album for a year and a half, and she doesn't write/record on the road. Also, she's said many times that she's taking time to live and grow with this album. But it  definitely seems to be done now.

i thouhgt she already had the album when the leaks happened tho

Just now, frankgutz said:

i thouhgt she already had the album when the leaks happened tho

Maybe, maybe not. Nothing complete ever leaked. One of the leaks ended up being rise, and rise dropped just a couple months later. Since then she's been very actively hinting on social media that the album is being worked on. Prior to the leaks, we knew nothing at all. 

4 minutes ago, QUINN said:

Katy was on tour for her last album for a year and a half, and she doesn't write/record on the road. Also, she's said many times that she's taking time to live and grow with this album. But it  definitely seems to be done or very close to it now.

Do you think we'll get a single with an AMA performance?

I think a 2nd single at Grammys will come before the album around March

1 minute ago, QUINN said:

Maybe, maybe not. Nothing complete ever leaked. One of the leaks ended up being rise, and rise dropped just a couple months later. Since then she's been very actively hinting on social media that the album is being worked on. Prior to the leaks, we knew nothing at all. 

oh, i only knew about Witness rip2

Just now, Call Me Adi said:

its gonna be a surprise release or something?

4 minutes ago, Call Me Adi said:

It's a tough call. If she's doing a single at the AMAs, that would most likely mean a Q1 album release and that would be death imo. She wouldn't do a surprise performance at the AMAs and waste it she wasn't ready for the album promo to start with it. I think we could get the first single at the Grammys, TBH.

4 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

oh, i only knew about Witness rip2

its gonna be a surprise release or something?

I don't think Katy would do a surprise release for an album. Rise was a surprise release and while it did pretty well for a buzz/one-off song, I don't think she'd risk abandoning her nack for promotional momentum when it came to a full album. She is a promo beast when she needs to be.

2 minutes ago, QUINN said:

It's a tough call. If she's doing a single at the AMAs, that would most likely mean a Q1 album release and that would be death imo. She wouldn't do a surprise performance at the AMAs and waste it she wasn't ready for the album promo to start with it. I think we could get the first single at the Grammys, TBH.

2 hit singles like TD would be better imo.

It would help her SPS

3 minutes ago, Call Me Adi said:

2 hit singles like TD would be better imo.

It would help her SPS

I agree but I don't think a Jan/feb album release would be good at ALL. And a surprise performance at the AMAs (which are in like 3 weeks) would probably mean that sort of time line. 

That being said, Katy's leads don't need an award show appearance to get the attention of the GP. So she could randomly drop the single sometime during the holiday season and still do the 2nd single around Grammy time.