QUINN

Katy updates her Twitter layout: "A better me is coming."

Just now, QUINN said:

I agree but I don't think a Jan/feb album release would be good at ALL. And a surprise performance at the AMAs would probably mean that sort of time line. 

That being said, Katy's leads don't need an award show appearance to get the attention of the GP. So she could randomly drop the single sometime during the holiday season and still do the 2nd single around Grammy time.

Yeah, I agree.

an album in late spring could be very good.

She'll have the BBMAs to promote the third single.

With an entire year, her singles could rank very high on the year end again.

7 minutes ago, Call Me Adi said:

Yeah, I agree.

an album in late spring could be very good.

She'll have the BBMAs to promote the third single.

With an entire year, her singles could rank very high on the year end again.

I don't see her putting more than 2-3 months between dropping the lead single and dropping the album. Historically, her leads have always been released between 8-10 weeks prior to the album, with a second single thrown in within a month before the release date (except for OOTB, but even then the lead was released 2ish months ahead of the album). So a late spring album release would mean a lead around February... But I really feel like we will get something before then. 

10 minutes ago, RandomosiTAY said:

I'm telling you, the election is FINALLY over next Tuesday and she is getting ready to move on to her next era yas2

Or she knows she is getting a spot in Hillary's cabinet and she is foreshadowing it gaycat1

Katy Perry, first ever Secretary of Rainbows appointed to the presidential cabinet gaga13 

srsly though I agree that she's been waiting until after the election. Watch her perform the lead as Hillz is sworn in kii1 

giveup2 Her layout literally says she's coming. We're not ready. fall7

Also I agree with some of y'all that she's waiting until after the election. Honestly after November 8th she could drop something at any minute. If we don't get something in November, I don't think we'll get anything until Spring next year because January and February is statistically the worst time for album sales.

8 minutes ago, Liz Lemon said:

Also I agree with some of y'all that she's waiting until after the election. Honestly after November 8th she could drop something at any minute. If we don't get something in November, I don't think we'll get anything until Spring next year because January and February is statistically the worst time for album sales.

Agree agree agree clap3 

2 hours ago, QUINN said:

I don't think Katy would do a surprise release for an album. Rise was a surprise release and while it did pretty well for a buzz/one-off song, I don't think she'd risk abandoning her nack for promotional momentum when it came to a full album. She is a promo beast when she needs to be.

IKR giveup1  her promo team is the best one tbh rip2  when will the others, if only my faves rip2

4 hours ago, Liz Lemon said:

4 hours ago, QUINN said:

Agree agree agree clap3 

3 hours ago, frankgutz said:

IKR giveup1  her promo team is the best one tbh rip2  when will the others, if only my faves rip2

I think it's important to note that the sales environment is shifting and while Katy in the past has always put out 3-4 songs before the album has been out she may not take that route this album. I'm sure she will do large promotion, but while most big artists used to take 2-4 months before the album was released it's simply just not done as often anymore. I'm not saying it won't happen I'm just saying don't count on her doing it. Katy has to adapt to a new sales climate every 3 years and she has to follow the formula or she'll lose her popularity. (Which is part of the reason why many older artists lose popularity, because they don't understand how to function in a new sales climate that used to involve virtually no promotion besides a VMA performance in the past.) 

Along with that many big artists are now releasing albums in 1st quarter. We saw both Rihanna and Bey release within the first 2 months of this year and both did very well. It's not commercial suicide by doing so anymore. 

So anything that Katy has done in the past don't necessarily count her out for this time. 

1 hour ago, fun. said:

I think it's important to note that the sales environment is shifting and while Katy in the past has always put out 3-4 songs before the album has been out she may not take that route this album. I'm sure she will do large promotion, but while most big artists used to take 2-4 months before the album was released it's simply just not done as often anymore. I'm not saying it won't happen I'm just saying don't count on her doing it. Katy has to adapt to a new sales climate every 3 years and she has to follow the formula or she'll lose her popularity. (Which is part of the reason why many older artists lose popularity, because they don't understand how to function in a new sales climate that used to involve virtually no promotion besides a VMA performance in the past.) 

Along with that many big artists are now releasing albums in 1st quarter. We saw both Rihanna and Bey release within the first 2 months of this year and both did very well. It's not commercial suicide by doing so anymore. 

So anything that Katy has done in the past don't necessarily count her out for this time. 

Good point. lj1 Katy is essentially the Queen of Marketing, so I'm sure that she will be able to adapt to the new sales environment. Plus, she's already shown that she is up for doing new promo techniques with the whole surprise release of Rise. I think the only thing we all know for certain is that we don't know anything about this new era. I genuinely feel like we're about to see a new side of Katy. Unless we're being tricked by her teases like when she said Prism was going to be "dark." jj4

6 hours ago, Liz Lemon said:

Good point. lj1 Katy is essentially the Queen of Marketing, so I'm sure that she will be able to adapt to the new sales environment. Plus, she's already shown that she is up for doing new promo techniques with the whole surprise release of Rise. I think the only thing we all know for certain is that we don't know anything about this new era. I genuinely feel like we're about to see a new side of Katy. Unless we're being tricked by her teases like when she said Prism was going to be "dark." jj4

Love Me is the darkest moment in her career so there's that eve1 

23 minutes ago, marykateforpie said:

I called it just a few days ago!! mess1

Idk I don't think this actually has anything to do with the album. I think it's just a filler layout to get us excited. Kind of like when she put up that flowery 'back to werk' header a number of months before Prism was announced. Didn't really give us anything (except a hint at a flowery theme!), but let us know something was coming... Which, let's be real, we def already knew! Haha.

14 minutes ago, Pageant Material said:

Judging you awk1 jk moo1 The production was great but the lyrics are ugh awk1 

Okay most of the lyrics are kinda bland but the "Sometimes I wish my skin was a costume, that I could unzip and strip" line stands out for me. I've always felt like that was one of her more underrated songs, plus I just really like the bridge where her voice turns into Cher circa "Believe." hahaha

8 hours ago, Liz Lemon said:

Okay most of the lyrics are kinda bland but the "Sometimes I wish my skin was a costume, that I could unzip and strip" line stands out for me. I've always felt like that was one of her more underrated songs, plus I just really like the bridge where her voice turns into Cher circa "Believe." hahaha

That's like the most off-putting part for me tbh fall1 Tbh it's not that bad when you read it but the way it was sung, the awful rhyming, it all sounds awkward dead7