M3L155AX

If you could rearrange the PRISM era , how would it be ?

here is how I would rearrange the PRISM era rav2  :

1st - Roar (ofcoursegaga13) .

2nd - Dark Horse instead of Unconditionally (The video would be like the grammy performance with witch, crystal balls, potions, etc.) .

3rd - LEGENDARY LOVERS oprah2 (the video would be Egyptian themed like DH) .

4th - Walking on Air .

5th - end the era with Choose Your Battles gaga13 .

- roar 

- DH

- Birthday 

- Legendary Lovers

- Unconditionally

the fact that Maroon 5 got a hit off the back of Sugar, which is VERY similar in both sound and concept AND video, while Birthday flopped tells me that it was released at the wrong time. So maybe if she'd released it earlier in the era and with a different video, we'd be on to something there.

Unconditionally, regardless of if it flopped, needed to be a single because it was so important to Katy. I think it would have been a hit if it was released at the right time. I also think it would have been a lovely way to end the era because it not only embodies what Katy was all about during the Prism era, but it would have served as a dedication to her fans, which she regularly did out on tour. 

Ultimately, though, I think Dark Horse was the era killer, and no matter what was released after that was going to underperform (by Katys standards). But I also don't know that it would have been SUCH a smash if it had been released later. 

1. Roar
  2. Dark Horse- Solo Version (Witch theme)
  3. Unconditionally - Ballad version (better promo)
  4. Walking on Air (Futuristic theme with the performance dance routine, rain at the end of the second verse)
  5. It Takes Two (Live tour music video with shots of the whole tour mixed in with the actual performance)
  6. Legendary Lovers Remix with Rihanna (Egyptian theme)
  7. By the Grace of God - Piano Version (the video would be what Katy went through during that time with her sister having a cameo)

They fucked this era every chance they got with lame single choices and videos trying to recreate Teenage Dream's success.

The album is mixed but it had more potential than her team allowed it. They should have highlighted how it was different rather than similar.

Singles

1. Walking on Air-August- Something stripped and beautiful for the video, possibly ethereal

2. Dark Horse-October- Witch Themed Video like performance to capitalize on Coven's popularity

4. Legendary Lovers-December- a male feature on the bridge after the chanting and between the stripped pre-chorus with vocals on the final chorus

3. This is How We Do-March

5. Birthday- June- Different video with clear concept, could still be humorous

6. Unconditionally or Ghost (Acoustic Version)- August

Album retitled "Magic", DH is now the first song. The cover artwork would be much darker.

1. Dark Horse - Perfect Summer/Fall Bop. Surefire hit and setting the tone for an overall darker era with a witch themed video.

2. Unconditionally - Perfect winter single, same video (this time without DH overshadowing it).

3. Legendary Lovers - Early Spring single. Egyptian/Roman video (Cleopatra and Caesar)

4. Roar - Summer single. Surefire hit with a more serious boxing themed video inspired by Million Dollar Baby.

5. Birthday - Prom themed video, like her Halloween party.

6. Double Rainbow - The "throwaway" single. A beautiful ballad and a nice way to close the era. Imagine the video to be something along the lines of the official album cover.

I love ALL of your ideascry5

Roar for the summer

Dark Horse for fall

Walking On Air for beginning of 2014 (Jan/Feb)

This Moment/It Takes Two for April

Legendary Lovers for late August/early September

By The Grace Of God/Unconditionally with a tour video pleasecry5

-Roar (this proved to be an excellent choice I think we all know this.)

-Dark Horse (keep up the radio hits)

-Unconditionally (this would have slowed the pace a little and let the GP take a breathe from Queen Kathryn for a few weeks and would remain a great Winter-esque track) 

-This is How We Do (spring/summer bop returning the GP to Queen Kathryn)

-Love Me (what an era-wrap-up song, the video would be a goodbye until the next album)

38 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Album retitled "Magic", DH is now the first song. The cover artwork would be much darker.

1. Dark Horse - Perfect Summer/Fall Bop. Surefire hit and setting the tone for an overall darker era with a witch themed video.

2. Unconditionally - Perfect winter single, same video (this time without DH overshadowing it).

3. Legendary Lovers - Early Spring single. Egyptian/Roman video (Cleopatra and Caesar)

4. Roar - Summer single. Surefire hit with a more serious boxing themed video inspired by Million Dollar Baby.

5. Birthday - Prom themed video, like her Halloween party.

6. Double Rainbow - The "throwaway" single. A beautiful ballad and a nice way to close the era. Imagine the video to be something along the lines of the official album cover.

this sounds good tbh though i would trade birthday and LL's order

Honestly.... I don't think I would change much...... I think I'd replace TIHWD with Walking On Air, actually release the scheduled Fall 2014 Legendary Lovers single and switch Dark Horse with Unconditionally. And of course give Birthday a better video. 

After that I think a re-release would be warranted. Especially because I'm pretty sure it was planned but cancelled lmao

-Roar (this proved to be an excellent choice I think we all know this.)

-Dark Horse (keep up the radio hits)

-Unconditionally (this would have slowed the pace a little and let the GP take a breathe from Queen Kathryn for a few weeks and would remain a great Winter-esque track) 

-This is How We Do (spring/summer bop returning the GP to Queen Kathryn)

-Love Me (what an era-wrap-up song, the video would be a goodbye until the next album)

Love Me or Ghost would be a good era closer imo

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

When you think about it, the first 3 singles kinda worked out. Dark Horse was a complete surprise rise.mp3 for Katy, and if im not mistaken it wasnt a planned single.

However bey1 this is how I would have rearranged the rest of the album:

1. Roar

2. Unconditionally

3. Dark Horse

------

4. Walking on Air (spring/early summer)

5. Legendary Lovers (end of summer/early fall)

6. Ghost (closing song)

I had an epiphany about this last week. I made a spotify playlist about it.

Ha like a prayer era

TITLED: Spiritual

TRACK LIST: 

By The Grace of God

Legendary Lovers

Walking on Air

Unconditionally

Ghost

This Moment

Double Rainbow

Spiritual

It Takes Two

Choose Your Battles

Singles in order: By The Grace of God, Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air, Spiritual,  Double Rainbow

Ha like a prayer era

TRACK LIST: 

By The Grace of God

Legendary Lovers

Walking on Air

Unconditionally

Ghost

This Moment

Double Rainbow

Spiritual

It Takes Two

Choose Your Battles

Singles in order: By The Grace of God, Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air, Spiritual,  Double Rainbow

That would flop sis

45 minutes ago, DisneyRejects said:

Ha like a prayer era

TRACK LIST: 

By The Grace of God

Legendary Lovers

Walking on Air

Unconditionally

Ghost

This Moment

Double Rainbow

Spiritual

It Takes Two

Choose Your Battles

17 minutes ago, KP4 IS COMING said:

That would flop sis

Yeah... Those singles and in that order would flop harder than the era already did....brit5

Everyone has their opinions though.