Holiest Dreams

NYDN: Election results may have been hacked in three swing states

Not so fast.

A prominent group of election lawyers and computer scientists said presidential election results in three swing states that Donald Trump won may have been manipulated or hacked, and are pressing Hillary Clinton to seek a recount, according to a report.

The group held a conference call last week with Clinton's top campaign lieutenants and lobbied for a challenge after finding something fishy in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, according to New York Magazine.

Members of the group told the Clinton camp that in Wisconsin, Clinton's vote count was down 7% in counties that relied on electronic voting machines when compared with counties that used optical scanners and paper ballots, the magazine said.

A statistical analysis showed that under those circumstances, Clinton may have been denied as many as 30,000 votes. Clinton lost the state — and its 10 Electoral College votes by 27,000 votes.

Wisconsin's metropolitan areas, where Clinton did well, use paper ballots. Rural Wisconsin, where she did not, relies on electronic machines.

x

While voting machines do need to be made more secure, three states will not swing the election her way. Even if she questioned the outcome and ended up winning, she'd just give the Republicans more firepower for hating her ("She stole the election with her secret insider connections!", "False flag operation! She paid for the machines to be hacked!", etc.).

9 minutes ago, Americunt said:

While voting machines do need to be made more secure, three states will not swing the election her way. Even if she questioned the outcome and ended up winning, she'd just give the Republicans more firepower for hating her ("She stole the election with her secret insider connections!", "False flag operation! She paid for the machines to be hacked!", etc.).

in other words: "thEY WERE RIGGED!1!!1!!

1 hour ago, Americunt said:

It's look like she's given up on life. She's literally been seen in bookstores, no makeup, looking her age fall5 

It's like not even the same person from the past year. She's fucking done with America.

But also who even gives a fuck anymore about getting hate. It's very APPARENT the right gives no fucks anymore and are pure idiotic. She won by almost 2 million, so if she snatches it back (which I doubt), they can scream, but it's fair either way.

Trump won the electoral college which is fair, but it's also fair to demand a recount or for electors to choose another candidate (since most aren't legally told to).

7 minutes ago, Infrared said:

But also who even gives a fuck anymore about getting hate. It's very APPARENT the right gives no fucks anymore and are pure idiotic. She won by almost 2 million, so if she snatches it back (which I doubt), they can scream, but it's fair either way.

Trump won the electoral college which is fair, but it's also fair to demand a recount or for electors to choose another candidate (since most aren't legally told to).

I mean, a president who's going in with approval ratings as abysmal as what she might be pulling if she ended up winning by "unscrupulous" means (in the eyes of the public, anyway) would be pretty unprecedented. She'd just be in for four years of no legislation she supports passing Congress and their continued blocking of Supreme Court nominees, while the public divide becomes ever more polarized. Her pulling a win at this point would be a pyrrhic victory.

The group, which includes voting-rights attorney John Bonifaz and J. Alex Halderman, the director of the University of Michigan Center for Computer Security and Society, believes they’ve found persuasive evidence that results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania may have been manipulated or hacked. The group is so far not speaking on the record about their findings and is focused on lobbying the Clinton team in private.

interesting1 this is what I find interesting. I kinda think it might just be bluster by NY Mag to get readers (cus we're all talking about it now and tbh it's not the best source), but if these people really come public with this and start pointing out wonky voting stats I might actually start believing it considering their reputation would be at stake. I mean the direction of UM computer science orangu1 that's no joke. I wanna hear him say it tho

36 minutes ago, Americunt said:

I mean, a president who's going in with approval ratings as abysmal as what she might be pulling if she ended up winning by "unscrupulous" means (in the eyes of the public, anyway) would be pretty unprecedented. She'd just be in for four years of no legislation she supports passing Congress and their continued blocking of Supreme Court nominees, while the public divide becomes ever more polarized. Her pulling a win at this point would be a pyrrhic victory.

This is true and 100% accurate, but our other option is a fucking disaster.

id rather have 4 years of republicans rejecting everything and getting partial blame than an alt right fascist leader out to end basic human rights for any minority group. The people in his cabinet are the most unqualified people to take the job since the first few presidents. 

Hillary may not be able to do much as president, but atleast we will get a competent cabinet, a moderate supreme justice (there's no way they could put it away for four years). She should then let the dnc elect a candidate to run in her place in 2020 because I don't see her winning "again" in this scenario and republicans might actually put in someone with evil common sense - but this is what if so it doesn't really matter. 

Also 2020 will be interesting in terms of voter demographics. All millennials can vote (even though they could this one but depends on how you define it) & Latino votes will be huge. And also the census again and gerrymandering 

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The group, which includes voting-rights attorney John Bonifaz and J. Alex Halderman, the director of the University of Michigan Center for Computer Security and Society, believes they’ve found persuasive evidence that results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania may have been manipulated or hacked. The group is so far not speaking on the record about their findings and is focused on lobbying the Clinton team in private.

interesting1 this is what I find interesting. I kinda think it might just be bluster by NY Mag to get readers (cus we're all talking about it now and tbh it's not the best source), but if these people really come public with this and start pointing out wonky voting stats I might actually start believing it considering their reputation would be at stake. I mean the direction of UM computer science orangu1 that's no joke. I wanna hear him say it tho

If only wiki leaks would expose Donald and rnc chicanery but they're pressed as fuck. Imagine how much different this election would've been without those fucking emails