WelatRogue

NME names "Work" The Song Of The Year

Just now, blankdreams. said:

started reading again after No.2, what a great song oprah2 

everybody that bothered to read the NME AOTY list has shat on their pick of 1975 being no. 1 but I swear to god that album is amazing oprah2 

I haven't given their album a full listen yet but I love the song. I actually feel like NME's Top 10 is pretty great and at the end of the day, critics are just humans who also just rank on what they like. xtina14

I'm hugely disappointed in their AOTY choicesew2.

ANTI didnt even make top 20, but they thought they could sweeten the navy and Rihanna (who was their first "free NME mag" cover girl) up by giving her the single of the year titleew2. I think thats even more insulting given that Rihanna made ANTi with the intentions that her "quick singles" weren't going overshadow the overall album.

By giving her single of the year and snubbing her album, NME is confirming that she's failed in her endeavour.

But its up to you if you want to take the music opinion of magazine that has to give away their publications for free outside of train stations, in order to get their voices heardrih5.