Are you a feminist?

Are you   50 members have voted

1. 1. a feminist?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

176 posts in this topic

Just now, Tiny Little Bows said:

What do you mean? I'm not attacking you, I just need more info nat1

The extremely radical feminism that takes place now, Like the rants about "cat-calling", and "the wage gap", and "man-spreading". Those kinds of things

3 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

New question.

Is modern day feminism really necessary and is it really making a impact? Honest question

disqus? lol1 

Just now, WinnieThePooh said:

The extremely radical feminism that takes place now, Like the rants about "cat-calling", and "the wage gap", and "man-spreading". Those kinds of things

Well obviously, an impact for the worse... ellie1
Kinda impact that makes GP vote trump ellie1 

2 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

Cuz cat calling and wage gap are something to not talk about? Lol k

Just now, Tampon said:

Well obviously, an impact for the worse... ellie1
Kinda impact that makes GP vote trump ellie1 

I think they should take a new direction with feminism, and try to focus on important societal issues. 

The radical feminist make a bad name, for the non-radical. It's sad really

I don't see how wanting to be paid just as much as a man for doing the same thing and not wanting to be hooted at is considered "radical" honestly. dead1

If you read about the wage gap there are a lot of factors that go into it, not just uneven pay. I learned about that in my women's history class. 

And catcalling should stop, but I don't believe  people can really put a stop to that, because people will say what they want on the street. But aggressive cat calling should be reported. 

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Cuz cat calling and wage gap are something to not talk about? Lol k

One of the reasons for the wage gap, is because women don't take higher paying jobs. 

Women aren't encouraged enough to pursue higher paying careers and some opt to pursue lower paying jobs like teaching. 

A way to fix he wage gap would be to equally encourage men and women to study in fields like medical and engineering. It doesn't alley exist because of employers being sexist. That's all I'm saying 

Just now, Perfect Intrusion said:

Um??? No. I'm Christian. brit14

Reported 

15 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

One of the reasons for the wage gap, is because women don't take higher paying jobs. 

Women aren't encouraged enough to pursue higher paying careers and some opt to pursue lower paying jobs like teaching. 

A way to fix he wage gap would be to equally encourage men and women to study in fields like medical and engineering. It doesn't alley exist because of employers being sexist. That's all I'm saying 

That's one way to look at it. You can also look at it the way where women that do take higher paying jobs are still paid less than men in the same position. Stop acting like the wage gap is a myth when it clearly is not and there is legit proof.

21 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

I don't think manspreading is a issue

there is def a difference, there are many non issues modern feminism fights for

I care more about letting girls know the wage gap can be stopped when we get into STEM degrees and we demand what we want

most of the wage gap is nonexistent when you look at women in the STEM or Accounting degrees, but it widens once you get to worthless degrees

however I don't think this is a feminist problem as much as it is the education system saying "any degree is a good degree" when it really isn't

1 minute ago, Philip said:

That's one way to look at it. You can also look at it the way where women that do take higher paying jobs are still paid less than men in the same position. Stop acting like the wage gap is a myth when it clearly is not and there is legit proof.

I started out my post by saying "one reason" for the wage gap. No where did I insinuate that it didn't exist rip4

why would I give a reason for it, if it didn't exist?

Stop liking my posts you passive aggressive bear!!!

18 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

yes we do sell ourselves short and when we stop that, it can help the wage gap issue

there are many factors to why the wage gap exists and this is one of them

when we stop getting worthless ass degrees and demand pay for our skills, that's more than half the battle

but there will always be a surplus of women in humanities just bc our nature is go into things where we take care of others

I started out my post by saying "one reason" for the wage gap. No where did I insinuate that it didn't exist rip4

why would I give a reason for it, if it didn't exist?

One reason is still a reason tho, youre only focusing on it to try to invalidate the real issue, hence you mentioning it as radical feminism

Just now, christyalmeth said:

yes we do sell ourselves short and when we stop that, it can help the wage gap issue

there are many factors to why the wage gap exists and this is one of them

when we stop getting worthless ass degrees and demand pay for our skills, that's more than half the battle

but there will always be a surplus of women in humanities just bc our nature is go into things where we take care of others

I also want to go into a field to help people, but I'm aware those fields don't pay as much even though they should. 

Being a teacher or something of the sort is a very important job, and should be paid as such, but it isn't for some reason. 

More women should strive to be CEO's and things like that, if you work for it you can do it. 

The only high paying job that helps people that women usually go into is nursing, and being a doctor. But those require years of education rip4 and a lot of people don't wanna do that rip4 

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

One reason is still a reason tho, youre only focusing on it to try to invalidate the real issue, hence you mentioning it as radical feminism

One reason is a one reason, discrimination due to sex is another, but it is not the only reason. 

Thats what I'm trying to say, because a lot of people think that. 

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Stop liking my posts you passive aggressive bear!!!

#87 is where you should have charted!