Are you a feminist?

Are you   50 members have voted

1. 1. a feminist?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

176 posts in this topic

Just now, The Last Of Us said:

Before : FUCK YES.

Now : Fuck no. 

So you used to be a feminist, and you're not anymore? Why?

2 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

One reason is a one reason, discrimination due to sex is another, but it is not the only reason. 

Thats what I'm trying to say, because a lot of people think that. 

2 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

#87 is where you should have charted! 

Fight me 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Fight me 

call me

Spoiler

wub1 

4 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

So you used to be a feminist, and you're not anymore? Why?

i honestly believe that it did its job , now it's trying to bring another gender on top of the other. 

i've always been a believer that woman have been underestimated not just upon society but in general. and always stood up for whatever's wrong no matter what , just like how i've been raised. 

but i think both sexes are well equal now , infact women have more rights nowadays 

Just now, WinnieThePooh said:

I also want to go into a field to help people, but I'm aware those fields don't pay as much even though they should. 

Being a teacher or something of the sort is a very important job, and should be paid as such, but it isn't for some reason. 

More women should strive to be CEO's and things like that, if you work for it you can do it. 

The only high paying job that helps people that women usually go into is nursing, and being a doctor. But those require years of education rip4 and a lot of people don't wanna do that rip4 

I'm going into STEM, being an ultrasound tech

I'm getting a dual degree in ultrasound and mammogramming 

part of the reason why is that the highest paying jobs have tons of strenuous years and requirements in math

which is a subject girls K-12 have a massive problem in, but you know people have their strengths and weaknesses

the top jobs include tons of years in school or hard math/science

I think the only way we can achieve that is if there was a way to help girls early on that math is important

it sucks a lot but in the long run if we wanna make the big bucks we gotta suck it up and do it

if we get more girls in STEM and hav more girls learning in math, maybe one sweet day.mp3 we can get rid of the wage gap

alex1 

3 minutes ago, christyalmeth said:

I'm going into STEM, being an ultrasound tech

I'm getting a dual degree in ultrasound and mammogramming 

part of the reason why is that the highest paying jobs have tons of strenuous years and requirements in math

which is a subject girls K-12 have a massive problem in, but you know people have their strengths and weaknesses

the top jobs include tons of years in school or hard math/science

I think the only way we can achieve that is if there was a way to help girls early on that math is important

it sucks a lot but in the long run if we wanna make the big bucks we gotta suck it up and do it

if we get more girls in STEM and hav more girls learning in math, maybe one sweet day.mp3 we can get rid of the wage gap

alex1 

INTELLECTUAL QWKEAN alex1 

3 minutes ago, The Last Of Us said:

but i think both sexes are well equal now , infact women have more rights nowadays 

Bye.

Just bye.

I'm a feminist in the sense that I believe that women are not inferior to men in any respect - and that they are just as capable of doing the same shit that men do, and shouldn't be looked down upon because they don't have a dick - and should have all the advantages that men do. 

But that collagic, burn your bra, all men aren't rapists, but all rapists are men, let's tear down the phallic centered patriarchy movement bullshit is something that I frankly detest and it gives feminism a bad name - and will hold true gender equality back. 

But anyone who thinks that women are inferior because they're women simply don't know a thing. 

whoever doesnt is most likely a privileged white christian male. tina1

5 minutes ago, The Last Of Us said:

i honestly believe that it did its job , now it's trying to bring another gender on top of the other. 

i've always been a believer that woman have been underestimated not just upon society but in general. and always stood up for whatever's wrong no matter what , just like how i've been raised. 

Women don't have more rights rip4 

2 minutes ago, Mom said:

all men aren't rapists, but all rapists are men,

not all rapists are men, but most (like 95%+) are.

4 minutes ago, The Black Parade said:

whoever doesnt is most likely a privileged white christian male. tina1

lol men of color tend to be sexist af and even more than white men

6 minutes ago, The Last Of Us said:

awk1 

42 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

One of the reasons for the wage gap, is because women don't take higher paying jobs. 

Women aren't encouraged enough to pursue higher paying careers and some opt to pursue lower paying jobs like teaching. 

A way to fix he wage gap would be to equally encourage men and women to study in fields like medical and engineering. It doesn't alley exist because of employers being sexist. That's all I'm saying 

True. But there are certainly instances where women are getting paid significantly lower wages than their male counterparts just bc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . We don't want to be paid less for doing the same work whilst being equally qualified. And the same goes for people of all genders and races. Feminism should strive towards equality for everyone  cry6 

I'm a feminist but I'm not here for the shitty fake feminism that excludes poc and shits on men's issues which are also important um2 

Just now, Mom said:

I'm a feminist in the sense that I believe that women are not inferior to men in any respect - and that they are just as capable of doing the same shit that men do, and shouldn't be looked down upon because they don't have a dick - and should have all the advantages that men do. 

But that collagic, burn your bra, all men aren't rapists, but all rapists are men, let's tear down the phallic centered patriarchy movement bullshit is something that I frankly detest and it gives feminism a bad name - and will hold true gender equality back. 

But anyone who thinks that women are inferior because they're women simply don't know as man thing. 

I think this way too

we are capable of everything a man can do

but the more and more we go out of our ways to just blame everything on the patriarchy instead, is jus bad on our part

if we want men to be on board, we can't just automatically make them self hating and guilty

when you write a whole group of people off as the cause of everything wrong, clearly they will backlash

(see election of 2016)

Just now, The Last Of Us said:

i've been been a believer that woman have been underestimated not just upon society but in general. and always stood up for whatever's wrong no matter what , just like how i've been raised. 

There are a lot of ways that women still aren't on equal footing with men. All of these things are still going on today, somewhere in the world...

• forced marriages
  • anti-choice laws
  • genital mutilation
  • anti-mobility laws
  • honor killings
  • wage gap
  • slut-shaming
  • rape culture

How do women have more rights than men? Any examples?

this is the first time i've seen winnie participating in a serious discussion rip3 

1 minute ago, Benji said:

lol men of color tend to be sexist af and even more than white men

Statistics? And proof?

1 minute ago, WinnieThePooh said:

Statistics? And proof?

hollywood movies