Gabe.

Gabe's 75 best songs of 2016 - finished.

2 minutes ago, PhCh said:

Sorry if I sounded bitchy, I lurked your previous lists so I'm perched for this one jj2 

no probleeeem, not sure what's your taste in music hug1 although i do need new Sky music soon. you didn't sound bitchy at all!

Usher - Rivals (feat. Future)

Album : Hard 2 Love

Keeping it in the cheesy territory we went diving yesterday, Rivals says "HI WHORES!". Hard 2 Love is Usher's biggest flop yet and one of the year's biggest disappointments from a commercial stand point BUT if this was released back in the early 00s with Rivals as a lead single, it would've been just as big as Confessions. Did I mention I'm a sucker for the lyrics here? "In here I am, thinking we're perfect like a photo?" BRB, melting.

Rihanna - Consideration (feat. SZA)

Album : ANTI

Rih: Yo bitch, they dont wanna release my album yo! 

SZA: This is unnacceptable, Mrs.

Rih: WRITE ME A FUCKING JOINT TO REFLECT HOW MISUNDERSTOOD I TRULY AM. But keep my swag ktnx. A killer beat to go also.

SZA: You gotta do things your way, darling. When you look outside your window, you can't get no piece of mind.

Rih: Yo, that shit deep...

BROODS - Recovery

Album : Conscious

Being the psychotic bitch I am, of course I'd love a song about putting myself through hell and back for the man's love. Recovery simply has one of the year's best choruses, a literal pop heaven only a few are able to pull off. For them to still be so overlooked well, it's quite a travesty. Conscious is a great record and Recovery is simply un-de-ni-a-ble. "I'll do anything that I can."

Beyonce - Sancastles

****** no links allowed. ******

Album : Lemonade

Lemonade is 2016's best album hands down. On Lemonade, Bey showcases many of her hats as a woman, since they do it all *Xtina voice*. She's hurt, angry but also carefree. On Sandcastles she veers towards severe desperation as she doesn't quite seem to get to the point of it all. "What is it about you that I can't erase?" she howls. With a face like Jay's, I get it's hard to "erase" it from ha brain tho. 

Emeli Sande - Babe

Album : Long Live The Angels

Emeli Sande is suffering from quite a severe sophomore slump with Long Live The Angels, considering its sales. The quality is there (for the most part) and Emeli doesn't quite leave her comfort zone BUT when she does the results are great! Babe is a bubbly love song about being lost but eventually finding that one and only babe. Not quite the song you'd expect Sande to pull off the way she does, especially given how she went through a bad divorce the past year yet here she goes. Sooo well done!

Zayn - Mind of Mine

Album : Mind of Mine

I'm telling you, if this was a 3 minute, hell even 2 minute long song, I would've likely placed it inside the top 10. As an intro to Zayn's album, it's nothing but mesmerizing and maybe even sets the bar a little too high. It's intriguing and I kinda want a full version of it, if ever possible. A thing of absolute beauty.