WelatRogue

Billboard predicts that ANTI will receive the 5th Slot for AOTY at The Grammys

Given the Grammy's insistence on mostly looking at commercial success for this category to make sure they get enough ratings, she has a pretty big shot rih5 But lbr, she doesn't deserve that. Radiohead needs to get it. But again, talking about the Grammy's here, so I won't be surprised or mad if it does go to ANTI sass1

11 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Given the Grammy's insistence on mostly looking at commercial success for this category to make sure they get enough ratings, she has a pretty big shot rih5 But lbr, she doesn't deserve that. Radiohead needs to get it. But again, talking about the Grammy's here, so I won't be surprised or mad if it does go to ANTI sass1

Radiohead is a really shit band

16 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Why come for ANTI when there are 4 other slots? ANTI remains one of the most successful and critical acclaimed albums by mainstream artists in 2016. She deserves a nomination, especially because she hasn't received one since LOUD. And even if Radiohead would get a nomination, they wouldnt win with Adele and Bey being 100% nominated. 

26 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Radiohead are shit.

4 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

Radiohead? Didnt Miley ruin them back in 2009?wendy1

Why are people so pressed. If you're saying Rihanna deserves it because her album was commercially successful as well as getting a moderately positive critical response then you obviously agree with me that the Grammy's look at commercial success over acclaim ayumi1 

@WelatRogue Beck won over Beyoncé last time bey1 Nominations are for ratings, not the wins. I said Rihanna didn't deserve it based on the fact that award shows should award quality in music alone, and not commercial success or some lousy combination. But like I said, the Grammy's don't work that way, so I won't be surprised if she does get it, that is not shade, that is just an observation. Pop artists being nominated in that category for the last few years (minus Beyoncé who actually deserves it these days) is a joke. Gaga and Katy having been up there in the Album of the Year category at all is a public acknowledgment of being a desperate sell-out show that doesn't really give a fuck about awarding quality gaga8

And anyone who says Radiohead's album (as if you bitches listened to it lbr) is obviously of lower quality than ANTI.. I'll pray for you julia1

The fact that ANTi is quality music, and is one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the year + it was commercially successful too makes it more than deserving to get that nomination. And the fact that you said ANTi isn't quality music brit10 We all will keep you in our prayers sis rih3 

6 minutes ago, McDreamy said:

The fact that ANTi is quality music, and is one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the year

mad6

What are you guys smoking though?

I enjoy ANTI and it's definitely one of the best pop albums of the year, but.. there are things being released outside of the pop stratosphere that deserve to be awarded too, why do I even have to point that out nicki1

Y'all are weird.

And for the record, no I don't think that Adele or Drake should be nominated for this category either julia1 But they were predictable. The Grammy's always pick the most commercial winners of the year (remember when they had the audacity to nominate Teenage Dream for it despite it being critically panned?), but they usually go for at least one album that was one of the most critically acclaimed while not having a remarkable commercial reception bey5 That's how Beck was nominated alongside Beyoncé two years ago, and how Alabama Shakes was alongside Taylor last year oprah11

It would make me sad if that tradition was cast aside just to nominate another pop star who wouldn't have been nominated if the show was about genre-transcending quality only rih9 That's all. 

2 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

mad6

What are you guys smoking though?

I enjoy ANTI and it's definitely one of the best pop albums of the year, but.. there are things being released outside of the pop stratosphere that deserve to be awarded too, why do I even have to point that out nicki1

Y'all are weird.

I didn't say other albums don't deserve do be nominated, I said ANTi should be nominated, considering that worse albums in the past got nominated just because they were released by a popular artics (Taylor for example). Loud even didn't deserve to be nominated in that category compared to Rated R who got snubbed by the Grammys. I'm saying Rihanna usually gets snubbed in the big categories and this time at least she deserves to get a nomination for her work. 
But then again we can carry on like this, but lets wait tomorrow (?) and see who gets nominated, and then lets judge who deserved that nom and who didn't moo1