ajp

Celine Dion

yup, that's it. I'm actually listening to it right now. I've heard very few of her much older French songs, so this will my first time hearing most of these tracks!

here's my little Taking Chances World Tour collection:

IMG00326-20110808-2210-1.jpg

too bad all of her tours don't have that many corresponding releases, lol.

Love your collection, very impressive! I know a fan online that has over 500 Celine Dion CD's/DVD's, his collection is AMAZING. So jealous, if he was to sell it all, he'd make hundreds of thousands of dollars, there's so many rare pieces in it that most diehard Celine fans would die for.

At the moment, the only news we're getting about new Celine is coming from the news agencies that keep reporting news we already have - so nothing new!

Lol, I hope that was sarcasm - she's grossed a good $5 billion in her career.

I do agree with your last point though. Forward to about 0:57 in this video, she even admits it herself:

QUEEN!

Meaning she has a net worth of more than 5 billion ny13 ny13

No, not at all. However, over at her official forum we've had this discussion so many times over - she should be worth at LEAST $750m. Between two properties and her own private jet, she's got assets of $100m. She has 14 private companies that house all of her private assets. These make her millions of dollars each year. A private concert from Celine sets you back between $5-6m, and apparently, she's been delivering on average three of these per year since she returned in 2007. According to the UK's Daily Telegraph, and many other sources, she personally earned $250m from her first Vegas run alone - that's $250m in her back pocket for three and a half years work.

By the end of 1997, Time Magazine estimated her personal fortune to be $260m. She has a perfume porfolio in which she commands around 7% of total sales + an advance fee worth millions per perfume. 7% of her $1b perfume portfolio sales = $70m. And in the US alone, during the last decade, she will have taken home over $40m from her music sales [she commands at least 1/5 of every sale of every album - at least. And has been the case since 1997. Only Madonna, amongst non-songwriters can rival her fee].

A load of waffle there, but basically, she's worth a WHOOOOOOOLE lot more than any financial publication [*cough* Forbes] can ever begin to imagine.

49 sold-out concerts / 200k+ tickets sold!

Celine Dion The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

Las Vegas, Nev.

Aug. 2-3, 6-7, 2011

$2,754,960

16,989 / 16,989

4 / 4

$250, $175, $140, $55

Concerts West/AEG Live

Total:

Gross Sales: $34,456,805

Attend/Capacity: 206,824/206,824

Shows/Sellouts: 49 / 49

Averages:

$703,200 / concert

4,221 / concert

$166.60 / ticket

That'a a card of mine - whenever people say she's always been wooden, I show them that. Great performance, though thankfully that was the only time she performed that song like that. She wouldn't be able to sing now if she'd carried on performing it like that!

I don't know if I enjoy that performance.

I much prefer her more recent performances of that song. the song just isn't the same without the big note in the bridge, imo.

Well you'll never see a performance of RDMH like that one from Letterman in 94 again anyway, her voice has changed drastically over the years.

CELINE DION - MOST VIEWED VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

1. My Heart Will Go On [OFFICIAL video] - 53,815,557

2. My Heart Will Go On [LIVE @ Pavarotti & Friends] - 42,011,195

3. Because You Loved Me - 33,666,768

4. When I Need You - 15,737,035

5. I'm Alive [LIVE @ Divas Live] - 13,978,741

6. That's The Way It Is [OFFICIAL video] - 13,775,696

7. My Heart Will Go On: Techno Remix - 12,829,277

8. I Love You - 12,139,837

9. Oh Holy Night [LIVE @ These Are Special Times concert] - 11,454,662

10. A New Day Has Come [OFFICIAL video] - 10,308,777

Her highest ranking French song is S'il Suffisait D'aimer which has 6,636,298 views!

7 Celine Dion The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

Las Vegas, Nev.

Aug. 9-10, 12-14, 2011

$3,551,490

21,170 /

5 /

$250, $175, $140, $55

Concerts West/AEG Live

Total:

Gross Sales: $38,008,295

Attend/Capacity: 227,994/227,994

Shows/Sellouts: 54/54

Averages:

$703,857 / concert

4,222 / concert

$166. / ticket

What a great pic:

OMGceline.jpg

moo1

God, that concert gross. baby1 How much can we expect it to gross when the dust settles?

Based on an average of $703,000 per show, around $150m by the time the final show comes in 2013. By that time, Madonna will have overtaken her as the highest grossing solo artist of all-time.

I looooove Shadow of Love. it's probably one of the most generic songs I've ever heard (and I typically hate that), but I feel like there's something special about it.

my favourites on Taking Chances:

- Eyes on Me

- My Love (I used to HATE this song)

- New Dawn

- Shadow of Love

- Skies of L.A.

my least favourites:

- Can't Fight the Feelin'

- That's Just the Woman in Me (:-&)