Slasher

Glory ranks 5th on Rolling Stone's Best Pop Albums of 2016 List!

rs-britney-spears-glory-aefe8d9c-6400-42

5. Britney Spears, 'Glory'

After 2013's more personal, though often tepid, Britney Jean, Britney Spears' Glory felt like a breath of fresh electro-pop air. A star-studded array of pop's strongest producers and writers – including Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter, Cashmere Cat, BloodPop and more – helped elevate the LP to the levels of dance perfection seen on 2007's Blackout. Single "Make Me" allows Spears to thrive at her coo-iest, and she shines as a Eurotrash sex robot on the electric "Do You Wanna Come Over?" Even the softer moments like the sweeping "Just Luv Me" and the whisper-y "Better" have Spears at her liveliest in years.

x

This list was actually really good. Glory is the album I listened to the most this year and wish it was a little bit higher, but I'm happy to see The 1975 at #1. Though I may listen to other artists more, I Like It When You Sleep For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It is the album that hit me the hardest this year. Also loved seeing Carly so high on the list. Looks like Rolling Stone understands the artists that other publications seem to think they're too good for.