PhCh

Azealia Banks Reveals She Suffered a Miscarriage

rs_1024x759-161220084249-1024.azalia-ban

Azealia Banks announced some sad news on Facebook Tuesday morning.

In a series of updates, the "212" rapper opened up about a "major life event," writing, "This wouldn't be an Azealia Banks page without loads of oversharing right? Anywho, I've just had a miscarriage and am pretty taken aback by it all." Banks is experiencing confusion, depression, guilt and shock. Additionally, Banks confessed she now feels "like a failure and very ashamed."

With seemingly nowhere else to turn, Banks reached out to her fans for support. "Has anyone else had this same experience who cares to share some words of wisdom or words of anything regarding this topic?" the 25-year-old Harlem-raised rapper asked. "The self-loathing bit is a real struggle for me at the moment so share any words here. They will be greatly appreciated."

After one Facebook fan suggested the rapper should have kept the miscarriage news private until she had some more "time to reflect," Banks replied, "It's life and we all live it together. Everyone farts, s--ts, f--ks , eats and sleeps. It's bodily function 101. Why the need for secrecy."

In another update, Banks told her Facebook followers, "I feel really stupid because I think I'm so big and bad an in control and in this situation I'm so powerless." When she first saw "the embryo," the rapper recalled, "I felt this full spirit around me and was looking down at this little bean in horror/amazement and now I just can't NOT have an awareness of this person and won't stop feeling like any and everything I've ever done in my life or want to do is pointless."

"I'm really over it," she added, "and not with the s--ts right now."

Banks asked people to be respectful and considerate after making the news public. "I've had a real rough 2016," the musician explained. "I honestly need a break from the public crucifixions. This is a women's health issue that many others may or may not be able to relate to. Please don't f--k UP an opportunity for clear, open and beneficial discourse between WOMEN!" After sharing her story publicly, Banks finally felt "calm and sleepy," saying, "I haven't slept all night."

Before going to bed, however, Banks removed a few posts.

"*Trolls are coming in*," the rapper wrote. "*delete delete*."

x

" Omg I can come up with so many insults like "not even her baby likes her" but it's sad tbh. " 

- Gaga Daily

UHHH jj4jj4jj4jj4jj4jj4 

jj4 I SWEAR...

brit2 I may not be fond of that woman, but does that mean to make light of her tragedy? 

jj4 She lost her fucking baby, for fucks sake.