Scully

Katy Perry: Making of SB Halftime Show

Hello everyone! So yesterday I was watching Katy's documentary of making the Super Bowl. For anyone who wants to get themselves a bit hyped and worried I recommend watching it. It's very interesting and it shows all the things that could go wrong. It really shows the massive scale that is the half time show. I actually got a bit nervous watching this because they needed to get the stage ready in 7 MINUTES and Katy had some wardrobe problems during rehearsals. For me it was interesting to watch and just to see what goes on behind the scenes. I loved how hand on Katy was during the process. Thankfully everything went great and Katy delivered an amazing half time show. It was flashy, it was entertaining, and it embodies everything Katy is. 

I would love if Gaga did a documentary like this. I assume she and her team are in full preparation mode, designing the stage and the costumes, picking which songs to perform. 

Anyway, just wanted to share this with you guys. PLEASE no trolling/shading towards Katy or Gaga. This is not what this thread is about. cloud1

Yes, I loved this entire documentary, I got more hyped with each minute! It's an amazing show Katy pulled of, I am a bit afraid Gaga won't do anything "Gaga", but we can only hope. I'm sure she will deliver vocals though! 

6 minutes ago, Adore. said:

Yes, I loved this entire documentary, I got more hyped with each minute! It's an amazing show Katy pulled of, I am a bit afraid Gaga won't do anything "Gaga", but we can only hope. I'm sure she will deliver vocals though! 

I am very positive we will get to see lots of "Gaga" and less "Lady". If there's once place where she can go all out with theatrics and whatnot it's the SBHS. I know this era has been toned down and a disappointment to many, but let's give her a little bit of credit. This is not an Alan Carr performance, this is not the dive bar tour, this is not the MR video, this is the SB, the biggest stage an entertainer can step on. She's not stupid. I'm certain she will not waste this opportunity. 

The reason this documentary was interesting to me is because how really BIG the HS is. Not only because of how many people watch it and it's one of (if not THE most) the most important entertainment events in America, but also how much work and people there is behind every little detail, every light, every costume, every choreo move, every stage prop. It really is massive. And also, it was nice to see Katy preparing for it and the thoughts that were going through her mind. I liked her commentary.

Like I said, I would love to get a documentary like this from Gaga when all is said and done. I love seeing her creative process.  

2 hours ago, Adore. said:

your avatar (pun intended)  oprah2 your signature oprah2 I love azula and her friends 

6 hours ago, Scully said:

I am very positive we will get to see lots of "Gaga" and less "Lady". If there's once place where she can go all out with theatrics and whatnot it's the SBHS. I know this era has been toned down and a disappointment to many, but let's give her a little bit of credit. This is not an Alan Carr performance, this is not the dive bar tour, this is not the MR video, this is the SB, the biggest stage an entertainer can step on. She's not stupid. I'm certain she will not waste this opportunity. 

The reason this documentary was interesting to me is because how really BIG the HS is. Not only because of how many people watch it and it's one of (if not THE most) the most important entertainment events in America, but also how much work and people there is behind every little detail, every light, every costume, every choreo move, every stage prop. It really is massive. And also, it was nice to see Katy preparing for it and the thoughts that were going through her mind. I liked her commentary.

Like I said, I would love to get a documentary like this from Gaga when all is said and done. I love seeing her creative process.  

You're probably right, besides, I don't even think she will do something toned down. I'm just scared for the worst even though it might turn out really good. 

This era (obviously) had its ups and downs, but I'm certain she will make the best out of this one yet.