Simón.

German elections 2017

Elections  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote?

• CDU (candidate: Angela Merkel)
    • SPD (candidate: TBA)
    • AfD (candidates: TBA)
    • Die Linke (candidates: Sahra Wagenknecht, Dietmar Bartsch)
    • Die Grüne (candidates: TBA)
    • FDP (candiate: Christian Lindner)
    • Other

1 hour ago, Salvatore said:

Tbh I'm prefectly fine with CDU or SPD winning. The only thing I truly hope is that the fucking AfD doesn't reach more than the other parties.

I'm expecting:

27% CDU

26% SPD

18% AfD

9% Green

8% Left

7% FDP

5% others

All I'm gonna say is you asked me three, nine, twelve, and twenty four + months ago if I thought Donald Trump would ever be president, I would have laughed in your face. Never say never. 

All I'm gonna say is you asked me three, nine, twelve, and twenty four + months ago if I thought Donald Trump would ever be president, I would have laughed in your face. Never say never. 

Germany is different though. We already had a right/Nazi regime. The US is literally going through the same phase Germany has been going through in the 30's. History is just repeating itself.
Thanks to capitalism West Germany went from war torn in 1945 to the 3rd largest GDP in 1960. That is progress lj1

All those people complaining about capitalism have never lived in a communist country/community. It's just being promoted as this wonderful idea of everybody getting along and everyone being able to be everything and do everything but in reality that really isn't the case.

It's as much of a protest movement as the rise of populism, just the other extreme. Everytime nations are going through a crisis, the dissatisfaction among the people create an urge to overthrow the current system, resulting in a revolution. Ppl use these sensitive points in time to make people gain interest in their ideologies. It's literally the same mechanism over and over again all around the world.

Crisis -> Revolution -> Regime change
19 hours ago, Salvatore said:

Germany is different though. We already had a right/Nazi regime. The US is literally going through the same phase Germany has been going through in the 30's. History is just repeating itself.

True. I just hope it's nowhere near as bad. Trump is no Hitler but some of the people pulling the strings.. idk and it's really scary.