Lachlan

#LachlanLISTENS - B'Day

Track 2
Irreplaceable
10/10

Wow, wow, wow, wow. Isn't this song hated among Bey fans? It's like the quintessential 2000s R&B mid-tempo jam. I have so many memories associated this track across so many years of my life; this was one of the songs on my first MP3 player alongside Evanescence. How can you not love this track. Sassyoncé is here to slay!

Track 3
Green Light
7/10

"You're holding up traffic, green means go!" - Was this song written about me and other learner drivers? It's a cute track and quite catchy in the chorus. This album feels a little bit over the place already though with each song delivering a different style, but we shall see! The ad-libs in the final chorus are serving though.

Track 4
Kitty Kat
9/10

Oh wow this is a fucking jam. Are slow sex-jams what Bey does best? I would think so. Yes bitch whisper to me. This song makes my own kitty kat wet.

Track 5
Welcome to Hollywood
7/10

The chorus and bridge save this song from entering 5/6 territory. I hope all the album tracks aren't like this, cause although they serve bops but they're not particularly memorable?

Track 6
Upgrade U (feat. Jay-Z)
9/10

Okay yes this is a bop! Serving bass, expensive taste, sassy lyrics and... another Jay-Z collaboration!

Track 7
Flaws and All
9/10

Although it kind of errs on the side of cheesy, it's not Daddy-cheese level. In fact, I really love this? Great vocals, a sweet instrumental. A really solid ballad over all. #LachlanAPPROVES

Track 8
World Wide Woman
6/10

Despite attempting to have a concept, this song is filler! She does empowerment anthems 10x better later in her career so I'll forgive her for this misstep. Don't really have much to say about this song to be completely honest.

Track 9
Get Me Bodied
9/10

Queen of sampling a melody she only used on the previous album! Deserves it's 6 minute+ length to be honest cause my bussy didn't stop popping the whole time. "Do the scissor leg, touch your heel, touch your toe" is this the original Whip Nae Nae?

1 minute ago, Lachlan said:

Queen of sampling a melody she only used on the previous album! Deserves it's 6 minute+ length to be honest cause my bussy didn't stop popping the whole time. "Do the scissor leg, touch your heel, touch your toe" is this the original Whip Nae Nae?

It's better than the Whip Nae Nae to be honest. ;)

Track 10
If
9/10

Wow that piano riff is giving me Unfaithful teas; and I'm not complaining! Ugh, I love these dramatic piano ballads. If this had a more intense boutro where she started belting, whistling and crying for her poor life it could've been a 10!

Just now, Lachlan said:

Track 11
Freakum Dress
9/10

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LACHLAN. I'M LOVING THE TASTE HERE.

I'm not sure if FD was a single or not but she still used it during an interlude on the Formation Tour so???

BUT YESSSS, FD IS MY FAVE SO I'M GLAD YOU LOVE IT.