tumblr_oit82yyPxN1tx69qjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oit98r6T1n1qj4rgqo2_540.jpg

tumblr_oit8iarqFJ1uye1rso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oitagzR22d1towu9no1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oit98r6T1n1qj4rgqo4_540.jpg

Article from a few days ago.

96-year-old WWII vet from New Madrid, MO loves Taylor Swift

NEW MADRID, MO (KFVS) -

It's not a secret that World War II veterans, like the rest of us, love the music from their younger days. Songs from Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and the Andrews Sisters come to mind.

But one WWII Army vet's favorite artists might just surprise you.

Cyrus Porter lives in New Madrid, Mo., and feels like he is known mostly for two things.

"I guess Taylor [Swift] and [being] a WWII veteran," said Porter. "I know they don't go together."

Porter, 96, has been to multiple concerts to see the pop star, driving to both Memphis and St. Louis to see her in concert.

The most memorable moment he remembers was when he saw the wristbands that were given out all light up at once.

"Look what she does, she puts on a show no one else puts on," he said. "I just liked the way the way she did stuff."

He went to both concerts with one of his daughters and two of his grandchildren. Porter and his wife have more than 50 grandchildren and great-grand-children. They took him to both of the concerts because they knew he loved the music.

"He was excited," said Lynette Fowler, Porter's daughter. "He was like dancing to the beat, what he thought was the beat of the music, and having a great time with it." 

“Yeah, I just enjoy it, I’m getting old," said Porter. "I’m just enjoying everything.”

When asked if there's anything else besides Taylor Swift that he's really into, Porter said nothing comes close.

Porter was diagnosed with cancer this year and he has a goal of seeing Taylor Swift again in concert during her next tour, something he feels has a high chance of achieving.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/34110592/96-year-old-wwii-vet-from-new-madrid-mo-loves-taylor-swift