Infrared

Obama : I would've won against Trump

Arguing that Americans still subscribe to his vision of progressive change, President Barack Obama asserted in an interview recently he could have succeeded in this year's election if he was eligible to run.

"I am confident in this vision because I'm confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could've mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it," Obama told his former senior adviser David Axelrod in an interview for the "The Axe Files" podcast, produced by the University of Chicago Institute of Politics and CNN.

"I know that in conversations that I've had with people around the country, even some people who disagreed with me, they would say the vision, the direction that you point towards is the right one," Obama said in the interview, which aired Monday.

"In the wake of the election and Trump winning, a lot of people have suggested that somehow, it really was a fantasy," Obama said of the hope-and-change vision he heralded in 2008. "What I would argue is, is that the culture actually did shift, that the majority does buy into the notion of a one America that is tolerant and diverse and open and full of energy and dynamism."

CNN

I WISH WE HAD HIM FOR A THIRD TERM. Such an intelligent, well-spoken, and charismatic leader. Michelle was an amazing first lady too. 

The entire Obama family was classy, educated, scandal-free, and elegant. I'm so grateful I got to grow up watching this man and his family grace the White House with their presence over the last 8 years. 

I TOTALLY believe he would have won against Trump. Just about anybody would have. DNC really screwed up choosing Hillary who had so much controversial yet around her already. The Obamas were a very classy family to have in the White House for sure.