Mint

MINT's 2016 Music Countdown

16. Stranger Things Have Happened - Clare Maguire

gOVmaPO.jpg

“when i’m down i think of you, so i’m drowning in the blues i can’t see you”

This is essentially bluesy 60’s soul with pop rock moments and keys. I love keys. Talks about love and the loss of love how sad and unexpected :’(, really though it’s very smoothly written the hooks are very good for the most part and it’s very well studied and composed production wise. Highly recommend to everyone especially if you like to binge on Amy Winehouse and fucking Adele she’s like 10 times better (than Adele). Highlights include Faded, The Valley, Swimming, Elizabeth Taylor (I could go on it’s fucking good, really).

2 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

I still like Curse Your Love and that's it! fin! jj4 

6 minutes ago, Liam said:

Oh I forgot about Cellars after you recommended them. Let me go re-listen cos it had a few bops

tumblr_inline_niv2dayu6o1rxsx2g.gif 

love how your opinions always invalidated! forward thinking talented woman of colour 

there highkey needs to dialogue about how bad Falling Leaves is! but ia Elizabeth Taylor, Swimming, Leave You in Yesterday and Spaceman are my personal faves jj2 don't even remember how Faded sounds like but Falling Leaves sounds like escaping helium

3 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

there highkey needs to dialogue about how bad Falling Leaves is! but ia Elizabeth Taylor, Swimming, Leave You in Yesterday and Spaceman are my personal faves jj2 don't even remember how Faded sounds like but Falling Leaves sounds like escaping helium

it just flatlines for me i dont mind it that much but its still unneeded jj4

On 12/27/2016 at 6:09 PM, Mint said:

BEST RADIO SONGS

5. Drake -  One Dance feat. Kyla & Wizkid

4. Major Lazer - Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber & MØ)

3. Rae Sremmurd - Black Beatles feat. Gucci Mane

2. 24K Karat - Bruno Mars

1. Formation - Allah

MY SONG OF THE SUMMER (Nothing came close!)

KAYTRALLAHNADA - YOU'RE THE OMEN FEAT. SHYVA  meg1meg1meg1 

Allahfall1

shows over go home rih9 

also gonna start tagging for top 15 so everyone who posted/upvoted here is getting tagged bc you all love me and idec  <3

also i forgot to include her in honorouble mentions and the lyrics are trash but get into this omggg 

15. Levitate - Lone

FonLH7g.jpg

“Blu blu mccchhhuuuuuubooo kuh kuh kuh mchhuuuuuboooo”

While I generally prefer his EP’s, this full length album is the best he’s put out in a hot second.  He strayed away from going full on house and went heavier on the drum and bass. Highlights include fast tracked space aged uptempos like Triple Helix, to the orchestral sounding downtempo Hiareth completely based on synths.

14. Air - FEYNMAN

DGSVdp3.jpg

“pu pchu puh pchu pu pchu puh kluh kluh kluh”

FEYNMAN’s interpretation of house is very similar to Lone’s, it even feels like he ripped him off. Difference is he took a different approach, was more techno influenced, heavier on the 808’s and synths and tried to make the whole of it lighter rather than adding massive drums that punch through the synths. Listen to New Lands, Early Summer, and Air.

13.  Bonito Generation - Kero Kero Bonito

A3h53l8.jpg

“all the shots you got bring back the times when it was easy to believe yesterday was so sweet”

This is the most beautiful and colorful pop album I’ve heard all year, literally let the weeb out in me. Where it lacks in vocal delivery it makes up for in catchiness and overall production. Very carefree and weeb-esque I love everything about it. Highlights include Big City, Fish Bowl and Lipslap.

12. 1992 - Princess Nokia 

1blAE94.jpg

“you fuck with my bruja my pussy a spell”

A more serious approach nokia took to her music, what miss Nokia was serving was v androgyny and autobiographical I guess in a way. You finish this album knowing what she’s all about and that’s what her point was I guess, as each song tells a different story it also has a lot of influences ranging from modern trap, 70’s Soul, and 90’s Gangster Rap. Saggy Denim, Brujas and Bart Simpson GO AWF.

11. You & I - ALA.NI

gmaxHjV.jpg

“we agreed that there’s just no use in loving me”

Besides the amazingly nostalgic sound she managed to pull off (by recording this on tape from the 1930’s) HER VOICE IS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING ALA.NI WAS BORN IN THE WRONG ERA FOR SOUL VOCALISTS WE ARE NOT WORTHY TO BE LIVING IN HER TIMES. Originally released as a series of EP’s describing the stages of a relationship, the concept is a tad cliche, this is mostly special for the nostalgia and the ingenious writing. Highlights include Darkness At Noon, Roses & Wine, Suddenly, and Ol’ Fashioned Kiss.