Darth Sidious

Rich Hammond claims that men who eat Ice Cream are gay

richard-hammond-02.jpg

The former host of Top Gear has prompted a backlash after suggesting that men who eat ice cream are gay on the most recent episode of The Grand Tour.

The 47-year-old made the comment in an exchange on the sixth episode of the motoring show he co-hosts with Jeremy Clarkson and James May, which was titled “Happy Finnish Christmas”. It was the sixth episode of the first season, which was broadcast on 23 December via Amazon Prime. 

Speaking in front of a live audience, Clarkson pointed out that you “couldn’t enjoy a chocolate Magnum ice cream” in the interior of a Volvo with white leather seats. 

“It’s alright, I don’t eat ice cream,” Hammond said. “It’s something to do with being straight.”

Clarkson and Hammond appeared slightly baffled while members of the audience cheered and applauded. 

“Why are you applauding him?” Clarkson asked the crowd. “What do you mean... you’re saying all children are homosexual?”

“Ice cream is a bit... you know,” Hammond continued, saying: “There’s nothing wrong with it, but a grown man eating an ice cream – it’s that way, rather than that way.

“I’m right, I can’t believe you can’t see that. It’s easy. It’s in front of you.”

Clarkson appeared to try and steer the conversation back to his joke about chocolate and the white leather seats, making a comment about “the chocolate thingy” in a 99 ice cream cone.

However, Hammond seemed to think that he was agreeing with him, saying: “My case rests!”

Source

15 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

I've never heard of this stereotype in my life. oprah12 

but... but.... it makes sense oprah12 can't wait to tell my friends that they have to give me their ice creams cuz otherwise they will turn gay oprah12 

On 12/30/2016 at 3:31 AM, Spencer Pratt said:

He's lowkey not wrong though is he really... but he might be joking anyway, God people are so PC it's embarrassing... ny5 That's what I love about this show, always pushing boundaries and not giving in to mindless politically correct bullshit/humour oprah2

Someone's food preference or taste has nothing to do with their sexual orientation. Even if he was joking (he probably was), the joke wasn't even funny or clever lol. 

This whole anti-PC thing is stupid. I get it some people are too PC but I think it's totally warranted for people to react to his comments negatively. The joke is more dumb than it is offensive sure, but this type of humor is baseless and supports a culture that says it's okay to make homophobic remarks and jokes.