QUINN

Lindsay Lohan is demanding that Mean Girls 2 happens

mean-girls-sequel-lindsay-lohan.jpg

This just in, Gretchen Weiners: Lindsay Lohan wants to try to make fetch happen . . . again. During a Facebook Live interview conducted by CNN in Abu Dhabi yesterday, she told host Becky Anderson that she is ready and waiting for a follow-up to the 2004 hit Mean Girls. So ready that she’s taken matters into her own hands and written a treatment for Mean Girls 2.

“I have been trying so hard to do a Mean Girls 2. It is not in my hands,” she said. “I know Tina Fey and Lorne Michaels and all of Paramount [Pictures] are very busy. But I will keep forcing it and pushing it on them until we do it.” Even though Lohan has been quite the cultured world traveler this year (she’s even hosting a New Year’s Eve party in Dubai), she’s taken the time to make plans for a second Mean Girls—complete with casting suggestions:

“I would love to have Jamie Lee Curtis [and] Jimmy Fallon in the movie,” she told Anderson. “I've already written a treatment for it, so I just need a response.”

That response, of course, would be from Mean Girls mastermind Tina Fey and producer Lorne Michaels. At the Mean Girls 10th anniversary in 2014, Lohan told Time Out London that she’d “harass” Fey into writing a new script.

Lohan seems to have decided to ignore the fact that a Mean Girls 2 actually exists in the form of a 2011 made-for-TV movie. She knows we want a big-screen splash, complete with Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, Amanda Seyfried, Lizzy Caplan, and Jonathan Bennett. Until we are gifted with that treasure, Fey has been working on a Mean Girls musical, which E! Online reports is slated for a Washington, D.C., premiere. When its big debut will happen remains unclear; Fey joked with Andy Cohen in March that she’s waiting for the Hamilton buzz to die down before the Mean Girls musical’s broadway bow.

Source

5 years ago I would've said go for it but on this day and age where most movies are prequels, sequels and reboots I say keep it. Mean Girls was a once in a life time event. Lindsay fucked her own career up and that's on her, she can campaign to revisit her only hit ever but the rest of the girls have moved on. Rachel McAdams is out there getting Oscar nominations. Amanda Seyfried went to act on 2 of the biggest musicals in recent memory. Lizzy Caplan has a successful tv career. And Lacey Chabert has had consistent tv roles that I'm sure pay her bills.  It's so sad that Lindsay missed her shot because she did have the acting chops to pull off a succesful and long career, but it's time to move on.

And I was nice and didnt mention Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.

It's way too late.

How many great belated first sequels are there, if any at all? I like Clerks II a lot. I guess Psycho II, Tron: Legacy and 2010: The Year We Make Contact were all pretty good. Blues Brothers 2000 and Escape from L.A. were OK but basically just remakes of the first one. ID4: Resurgence was pretty lame. Son of the Mask is literally one of the worst movies of all time.

...yea, how about we don't do another Bad Santa 2, Zoolander 2, The Evening Star, An American Werewolf in Paris, etc...

3 hours ago, QUINN said:

Fey has been working on a Mean Girls musical, which E! Online reports is slated for a Washington, D.C., premiere. When its big debut will happen remains unclear; Fey joked with Andy Cohen in March that she’s waiting for the Hamilton buzz to die down before the Mean Girls musical’s broadway bow.

WHAT giveup1 i'M READY giveup1 

2 hours ago, Jony said:

I love how she doesn't acknowledge the horrible sequel

Humanity doesn't aknowledge that thing.

And let's not act like Amanda Seyfried is a big actress;  she made a movie with Justin Timberlake about time and some basic ass romance.

julia1