Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you respect others people's beliefs?

Do you?   19 members have voted

1. 1. Please tell the truth

• Yes
    • Hell no, fuck religion and all that follow it lmfao2
    • No, I never have and I never will, religion is false in any form, and false beliefs not based on facts, regardless of wether they are harmless or not, don't deserve respect

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

I don't care what you believe as long as you're not fucking murdering animals in your closet. You could've at least mentioned me if you were gonna make a thread about my posts though!

Of course I'll respect what others believe in. We're all different and we're all allowed to think different things. If we all thought the same, the world would be quite a boring place. Just imagine a Battlegrounds section that said "Gaga is a flop!" and everyone just replied with "Agreed!" 

5 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I don't care what you believe as long as you're not fucking murdering animals in your closet. You could've at least mentioned me if you were gonna make a thread about my posts though!

This thread has nothing to do with you, but inflate your ego a bit I guess. I was unaware that you were the only person in the world critical of religion, you are truly one in a million! 

Just now, Hannah. said:

Of course I'll respect what others believe in. We're all different and we're all allowed to think different things. If we all thought the same, the world would be quite a boring place. Just imagine a Battlegrounds section that said "Gaga is a flop!" and everyone just replied with "Agreed!" 

That already happens though jj7 

1 minute ago, WinnieThePooh said:

That already happens though jj7 

Let me keep it cute so I don't get warned tbh

ZJwRNKA.png

1 minute ago, WinnieThePooh said:

This thread has nothing to do with you, but inflate your ego a bit I guess. I was unaware that you were the only person in the world critical of religion, you are truly one in a million! 

So you would've made this thread if that thread didn't happen? The "imaginary friend" part is literally ripped from my post.

I can come off as blunt and then people get offended. Religion has been made waaaaay too taboo to talk about and challenge. Religion demands more respect in conversation than it actually deserves.

3 minutes ago, Hylia said:

So you would've made this thread if that thread didn't happen? The "imaginary friend" part is literally ripped from my post.

Many people believe religions are based upon "imaginary friends" I have seen this across all forms of social interaction, wether it be through the Internet or the backyard at the family BBQ. The fact that you happen to share the same idea, is purely coincidental, but if you believe that every idea you have, is unique to your mind only, go ahead and think that. 

And yes I made this thread because of the previous thread, but not because your post in said thread.

3 minutes ago, Hannah. said:

Let me keep it cute so I don't get warned tbh

ZJwRNKA.png

2 minutes ago, Hylia said:

@WinnieThePooh sis what are you doing? Stirring the pot for what? brit10

Just now, WinnieThePooh said:

Many people believe religions are based upon "imaginary friends" I have seen this across all forms of social interaction, wether it be through the Internet or the backyard at the family BBQ. The fact that you happen to share the same idea, is purely coincidental, but if you believe that every idea you have, is unique to your mind only, go ahead and think that. 

And yes I made this thread because of the previous thread, but no because your post in said thread.

You're so full of shit.

1 minute ago, Lucien said:

I can come off as blunt and then people get offended. Religion has been made waaaaay too taboo to talk about and challenge. Religion demands more respect in conversation than it actually deserves.

A religion is nothing without people, and all people deserve respect until proven otherwise. 

Just now, Hylia said:

You're so full of shit.

Pooh is in my name 

1 minute ago, SWIN3 said:

@WinnieThePooh sis what are you doing? Stirring the pot for what? brit10

I'm just trying to have a discussion, care to contribute?

A religion is nothing without people, and all people deserve respect until proven otherwise. 

Proven otherwise? jj4

Of What? jj4

Just now, Lucien said:

Proven otherwise? jj4

Of What? jj4

Until proven that they don't, in fact, deserve respect. Are you disrespectful towards strangers, until they prove to you that they deserve respect, or a you respectful right out the gate because it's the right thing to do?

I'm spiritual and believe in God but just not the way some religions depict him/her. It helps me get through some things to have a little faith, but I don't condemn anyone who's very religious or not religious at all, as long as they don't try to tell me my beliefs are wrong and shove theirs down others' throats. I have met both religious people and non-religious people who try so hard to force you into their ideas and it's just fucking obnoxious. 

Until proven that they don't, in fact, deserve respect. Are you disrespectful towards strangers, until they prove to you that they deserve respect, or a you respectful right out the gate because it's the right thing to do?

Oh, I thought that's what you meant, but I wasn't sure. I thought you may have meant respect their beliefs until those beliefs are proven otherwise or discredited with solid information.

Also I don't agree with using religion as an excuse to bring harm to others, its fucked