Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you respect others people's beliefs?

Do you?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Please tell the truth

• Yes
    • Hell no, fuck religion and all that follow it lmfao2
    • No, I never have and I never will, religion is false in any form, and false beliefs not based on facts, regardless of wether they are harmless or not, don't deserve respect

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

90 posts in this topic

I condemn any religion/philosophy/idea that does the opposite of love. As a Christian (I hate having to put a disclaimer on this but it is necissary; not that kind of Christian) my God taught me through Christ's life that to love and to be loved are the most important things in the world. You can believe anything you want so long as youre not intentionally hurting yourself or others (be they humans OR animals).

Before anyone comments on how Christianity/Judaism practices/ed sacrifice, you're right however, it was later commanded and revealed that Yahweh (the God of the Jews) never relished in sacrifice and finds it an abomination. Since it is something directly interfering with Christianity's core belief/doctrine: Love, sacrifice is twisted and sick. Taking a life for the sake of what??? What's murder going to do for you?

/rant

1 minute ago, WinnieThePooh said:

Poll added 

It's not public orangu1

1 minute ago, Lucien said:

It's not public orangu1

Just changed orangu1 

i guess i do but if we are talking about Azealia who watched the third season of AHS and got too into it, i don't

Of course, unless your beliefs are going to in any way bring harm to any living thing or oppress people for something they cannot change, you deserve respect for your beliefs. 

Just now, Vespertine said:

i guess i do but if we are talking about Azealia who watched the third season of coven and got too into it, i don't

So you don't 

Just now, Vespertine said:

i guess i do but if we are talking about Azealia who watched the third season of coven and got too into it, i don't

fall4

9 minutes ago, Lucien said:

I can come off as blunt and then people get offended. Religion has been made waaaaay too taboo to talk about and challenge. Religion demands more respect in conversation than it actually deserves.

Then why challenge it? Why can't you just let a person believe what they want to believe in? If a person feels at ease when they pray to God, why try knocking them down and make fun of that person? If they aren't using their religion to discriminate, than why would you disrespect them and their beliefs?

Just now, Taylor said:

Of course, unless your beliefs are going to in any way bring harm to any living thing or oppress people for something they cannot change, you deserve respect for your beliefs. 

A hypothetical religion eats bacon as a part of their Holliday Christmas like, celebration, do you not respect the religion, because the pig is killed for consumption? 

3 minutes ago, WinnieThePooh said:

So you don't 

tru ny1 

Just to be on topic, let me share my thoughts. In my life, I have yet to have any good encounters in terms of religion. Growing up in the Bible Belt, I've had family tell me they don't accept my lifestyle, I've had friends tell me they don't accept my lifestyle, my best friend was raised in a church that told him he would burn in Hell for his sexuality, so if I seem bitter here, then excuse me. I think religion is a great thing when it helps people. If it gives you hope, makes you happy, or gives you any kind of good experiences in general, then more power to you. If you're using your religion to hurt others, however, I hardly see how you deserve any respect. To act like religion is suddenly a concept that deserves respect no matter what it entails is ludicrous. 

The moral trolling in this thread is utterly ridiculous. The Great Debate is not the place for snide comments or sniping. This goes both ways.

Respect each other or the debate is worthless.

2 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Just to be on topic, let me share my thoughts. In my life, I have yet to have any good encounters in terms of religion. Growing up in the Bible Belt, I've had family tell me they don't accept my lifestyle, I've had friends tell me they don't accept my lifestyle, my best friend was raised in a church that told him he would burn in Hell for his sexuality, so if I seem bitter here, then excuse me. I think religion is a great thing when it helps people. If it gives you hope, makes you happy, or gives you any kind of good experiences in general, then more power to you. If you're using your religion to hurt others, however, I hardly see how you deserve any respect. To act like religion is suddenly a concept that deserves respect no matter what it entails is ludicrous. 

I apologize for arguing with you.

I try to respect other people's beliefs but the thought of me being tied down by what I say or do makes me thankful of the freedom, and not having any religion dictate how I should run my life

I'm... speechless.

OT: I do respect other people's beliefs just as long as they don't infringe on my own.