Jon.

A lamb's meltdown on the NYE performance

@Earth Ripper If it's about singing without fucking up, Mariah can still do that. lovato and cyrus have many flaws and they are inconsistent so you have no base to say they can enter a singing contest but Mariah can't. The only thing they do better is to strain more, have bad vocal placement, tongue tension, etc. You think all that makes them better?. Not at all. And those singing competitions have so many judges that couldn't sing one entire song in the center of the pitch even if their lives depended on it. They get easily impressed. So let's not. They think high notes=great. If Mariah went there doing this. They'd be like "oh great"!.

6 minutes ago, light741 said:

If it's about singing without fucking up, Mariah can still do that.

I can't find any recent video where that's happening so no I don't buy that moo6

6 minutes ago, light741 said:

you have no base to say they can enter a singing contest but Mariah can't. 

I have the recordings of their live performances, so yes I do jj2

The rest is just irrelevant claptrap. You still can't accept that I think so lowly of Mariah's vocals these days and keep up bringing side arguments to sidetrack the conversation so you don't get to reach the point where you just say: ok, I get that in your universe it's possible that Mariah is just a mediocre singer and that you can easily find tons of other vocalists who outshine her, and that that's why you say she should consider retiring because her whole act is about vocal excellence mad2

You're never gonna convince me with these "arguments" in the form: "that's not true", "you have no base", "that's a lie" etc. how lazy are you omg esp. after all the effort I put in my posts ayumi1 

@Earth Ripper Mariah can't sing anymore is the effort put in your post?. She is mediocre?. The contradiction. And why i say contradiction?. Because you say lovato and cyrus are irrelevant to the topic. But here you are now making a case for them when they are not better than Mariah. Fucks up?. Really?. Talking about fuck ups when defending lovato and cyrus?. Their straining, bad vocal placement, tongue tension, flat notes, bad support, etc make them better than Mariah?. The contradictions are real here. Have you seen the vocals of many of the judges in those singing shows?. And have you seen the flaws of many of the singers that come out of those contests?. What makes you think that is too much for current Mariah?. Seems like when i point out that the others have flaws too, and are constantly showing them you ignore that.

Listen the amazing vocals of people from singing shows that current Mariah can't even dream to match!. 

Please.

18 minutes ago, light741 said:

@Earth Ripper Mariah can't sing anymore is the effort put in your post?. She is mediocre?. The contradiction. And why i say contradiction?. Because you say lovato and cyrus are irrelevant to the topic. But here you are now making a case for them when they are not better than Mariah. Fucks up?. Really?. Talking about fuck ups when defending lovato and cyrus?. Their straining, bad vocal placement, tongue tension, flat notes, bad support, etc make them better than Mariah?

The effort in my post is explaining over and over again why in my personal opinion she's a subpar performer compared to Demi and Miley and I have repeated that so many times, I could literally just pull a post from pages ago and copy it and it would still be a reply to this very post of yours ayumi1 I've been forced to repeat that I do not consider Demi or Miley superb technical singers, but that they in total (and that includes general stage craft as well as just successfully getting through a song without too many audible and disturbing vocal fuck-ups) just deliver better performances these days since literally page fucking 4 and you're still not getting it brit0

I don't give a FUCK about their technical shortcomings since their brand isn't about being vocally excellent, but Mariah's is (again: how many more fucking times do I have to repeat that), so to compare them at all is becoming pretty useless at this point — and before you say we brought them up, we only did that as a passing remark to show how even average (!) singers like them can outshine Mariah on any recent performance moo6 That is not a defense or a glorification or a praise of their vocals. I have been trying to move away from them and to focus on other singers like Nicole Scherzinger to make the comparison clearer but you keep resisting.

So once again I know that Demi and Miley aren't technically superb singers but I also know they aren't singing/standing on a stage like this today:

And for the love of God, stop pretending like it's so unreasonable to say that this is an average, mediocre performance omg use your technical analysis you so often use on Demi and Miley and use it for this goddamn video, show me the times in this video where I'm supposed to be impressed by her singing demi1 I dare you.

And what kind of lame ass contest video did you pull out of your ass dead2

There are so many singers in just this season of The Voice that could kick her ass any time of day fall1

Yeah, sure, Mariah could totally stand next to this woman and come out looking good jj1

Ironically coached by Miley jj1

@Earth Ripper What makes you think i didn't admit Mariah's flaws?. I don't remember saying she is perfect. 

lovato herself thinks her vocals are great so............................................................................

lovato and cyrus aren't better than Mariah. You can't make a case for them when you come for Mariah. That's the point i have to repeat over and over. So you aren't alone. Welcome to the club.

780733267d973fd89d583bd0f163b261.gif

Just now, light741 said:

You can't make a case for them when you come for Mariah.

But I'm not, how many times have I said that they're not technically superb singers by now eve1

I don't even want to discuss them, but you keep bringing them back up as if they were a part of my larger argument. Again: ok, let's forget Miley and Demi and let's talk about Nicole then, or Beyoncé, or some actually excellent vocal competition contestants like Ali Caldwell this year interesting1 But I have a feeling you don't wanna do that 'cause you'd rather just repeat my opinion is invalid because I (you pretend) am saying that Miley and Demi have better technical vocal skills lj1 It's transparent af. Stop it.

12 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

But I'm not, how many times have I said that they're not technically superb singers by now eve1

I don't even want to discuss them, but you keep bringing them back up as if they were a part of my larger argument. Again: ok, let's forget Miley and Demi and let's talk about Nicole then, or Beyoncé, or some actually excellent vocal competition contestants like Ali Caldwell this year interesting1 But I have a feeling you don't wanna do that 'cause you'd rather just repeat my opinion is invalid because I (you pretend) am saying that Miley and Demi have better technical vocal skills lj1 It's transparent af. Stop it.

You said they are better. So.

Nicole and Beyonce are better than current Mariah. Why did you think i was going to deny that it's beyond me. I never diened that.

But the point here is not the fact that there are better vocalists than Mariah. This is what you have to think. You think Mariah can't sing a song in tune, with good resonance?. Because she can still do that. So if she adapts all her songs to her current voice, and starts singng in her current comfort zone all the time. Do you really think she can't do that?. It's not about others being better. There is always somebody better. There were better vocalists than Mariah and Whitney at their prime too. That's not my point. And when i see people (like i have seen here), giving singers with many flaws a pass saying they can sing, while coming for current Mariah, i can't help but think of double standards.

8 minutes ago, light741 said:

You said they are better. So.

I said they were better performers, not singers, cut this bs I've been bolding that I don't think they're superb vocalists since the very fucking start eve1 I've bluntly called them average in one of my recent posts. But so is Mariah rn imo and they all collectively look like idiots when compared to an actually vocally impressive peer interesting1

8 minutes ago, light741 said:

But the point here is not the fact that there are better vocalists than Mariah. This is what you have to think. You think Mariah can't sing a song in tune, with good resonance?. Because she can still do that. So if she adapts all her songs to her current voice, and starts singng in her current comfort zone all the time. Do you really think she can't do that?. It's not about others being better. There is always somebody better. There were better vocalists than Mariah and Whitney at their prime too. That 's not my point. And when i see people (like i have seen here), giving singers with many flaws a pass saying they can sing, while coming for current Mariah, i can't help but think of double standards.

I'm sorry but I don't know any mainstream singer as famous as Mariah who is so regularly singing so poorly on stage besides Gaga dead2 Yes, there's Madonna but she has never been vocally appreciated and she has herself denied the importance of her vocal skill early in her career, so again: we're talking about vocal icons here. Mariah's recent performances remind me exactly of Whitney's and Xtina's in their vocal decline and I'm just saying that she's completely unimpressive vocally rn, to me demi1 That's all that holds her act together so that is where the retiring comments come from, and that is where they came from when I blasted Whitney and Xtina for the same thing.

It's ok that you think there's a double standard, but you can't find it in my statements chi1 I literally said Demi and Miley are average singers who have no impressive technique, and that I don't even have to give them a pass for their vocal flaws because (1) their act isn't about their vocals; (2) despite their lack of technical perfection, they still deliver solid performances that are enjoyable to listen to gaga11 Every recent Mariah performance I put on makes me shudder. That is just my experience, and I think there are just too many blatantly obvious fuck-ups and mistakes and blunders in a single song performance to pretend that it's just me.

@Earth Ripper

Gaga and current Mariah are the only very famous singers showing flaws today?. Xtina went to another universe or what?. Also Miley is extremely famous, and singing flaws didn't forget about her. Also you forget one thing. We are judging different standards. Mariah is not at the standard that she created for herself years ago. And i don't judge her current self by that standard. Because it's not humanly possible for her to be at that level today. Since different factors have played their part in her vocal decline. I judge her by her current self. And if she wasn't distracted by many stupid things in the past years. She could be in a better place vocally. When you hear things like rockefeller 2014 and then listen to other vocals that came after that performance that same month. You can see she can do far better than that rockefeller performance. Which doesn't put her at her standard from the past. But certainly proves that she can still sing, and do a good enugh job for her to have a place and do her thing. Something that some people want to ignore while defending singers with many flaws. Which is why i have a reason to talk about double standards when i see these people.

4 hours ago, light741 said:

Gaga and current Mariah are the only very famous singers showing flaws today?. Xtina went to another universe or what?

I already mentioned her flawed ass like 10x, I just forgot to include her now because she it feels like her career already ended chi1 But you know damn well I include her in that list so that was an annoying comment.

Also Miley is extremely famous, and singing flaws didn't forget about her. 

But her act is not about vocal excellence, far from it interesting1 That's the difference.

We are judging different standards. Mariah is not at the standard that she created for herself years ago. And i don't judge her current self by that standard. Because it's not humanly possible for her to be at that level today. 

That only works in my favor. If you saw an upcoming artist deliver this performance, would you honestly say she was mega talented and should be known as an excellent vocalist? eve1

I have been judging her based on her recent performances only, hence my "she couldn't get into a singing competition with her recent performances, so she can't possibly be considered a good vocalist today" arguments jj3

But certainly proves that she can still sing, and do a good enugh job for her to have a place and do her thing. Something that some people want to ignore while defending singers with many flaws. Which is why i have a reason to talk about double standards when i see these people.

Well, I think she can't do good enough of a job, and I again reject your idea that I'm applying a double standard because for the 100th time, I said the same about Whitney, and I said the same about Xtina. And I already said she still has a place to do her thing but that doesn't mean she is impressing anyone, because many of her peers can deliver better overall performances, despite less vocal technique lj1

On 13.1.2017 at 0:29 PM, light741 said:

@Earth Ripper Impressing people is not that hard. You hit a high note and the GP thinks "great"!. You may feel she is not good enough. I can't agree with that. Her current voice has its strong points and she can certanly give good enough vocals.

So basically @Earth Ripper is saying that Mariah is compelled to provide excellent vocals because that's what people pay to see, but she can't anymore and therefore he doesn't see any point of her continuing her career as a live performer. You on the other hand are saying that people are easily impressed and therefore Mariah's average vocals are good enough to please her audience. I guess we'll just leave it at that.

On 14/1/2017 at 4:17 PM, Jjang said:

So basically @Earth Ripper is saying that Mariah is compelled to provide excellent vocals because that's what people pay to see, but she can't anymore and therefore he doesn't see any point of her continuing her career as a live performer. You on the other hand are saying that people are easily impressed and therefore Mariah's average vocals are good enough to please her audience. I guess we'll just leave it at that.

I didn't deny that there are better vocalists than Mariah. But i wasn't the one that at one point tried to suggest that you know who were giving better vocals than current Mariah. The standard of the GP is not a factor either, to say Mariah is not good enough to be around. Because that standard is anything but vocal excellence. But i can leave it here if you want to leave it here.

1 hour ago, light741 said:

I didn't deny that there are better vocalists than Mariah. But i wasn't the one that at one point tried to suggest that you know who were giving better vocals than current Mariah. The standard of the GP is not a factor either, to say Mariah is not good enough to be around. Because that standard is anything but vocal excellence. But i can leave it here if you want to leave it here.

That's not really a reply to what I wrote though

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Normally battleground threads relating to Mariah doesn't faze me one bit because it's not that big of a deal and plus, I have been through the Rockefeller incident myself so most of these threads abou

You'd be surprised at the wonders that "Stop, stop, stop. Sorry guys, i'm having technical difficulties, my earpiece isnt working. Could you help me sing along ¨*insert here whatever decently popular

Did Mariah kill your dog or something?  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.