Melt Away

What is your fave's lowest point?

Mariah's lowest moment had to be the Glitter era. Not even the NYE performance could even compare. Although I've had a meltdown regarding the NYE performance as it was the second time I was experiencing these type of things following the Rockefeller incident, I've thought about it and Mariah had it much worse back then. She was not only ridiculed for her acting skills, she was also deemed a hasbeen and more. Even when Glitter was a pretty solid album (I mean, it had Lead The Way and Reflections alone is just FHDDFHD), people only focused on Glitter the movie and not the soundtrack album. People keep saying "RIP Mariah's career - 2016" when the very fact is that she hasn't really been commercially successful for years now. If only, this brought her back to the mainstream platform although for all the wrong reasons.

Even with reports of her having meltdowns back in 2001, people weren't showing any form of sympathy towards her. There were death threats towards her and to be just off her biggest decade as a solo artist, proves to be even more painful. As for the NYE performance however, I've seen quite a number of artists and professional people who have came forward to actually defend her. That made me feel really comforting to know that these people didn't join in on the joke by saying "Mariah flunked big time!!!!1" or something, but rather, knew what Mariah was going through during that performance. I feel like the reason why this felt a lot bigger is due to the fact that social media is now prevalent compared to back then.

And plus, there was a silver lining behind the NYE performance, something that the Glitter era barely had. We Belong Together was at #4 on the US YouTube Streaming Charts and her back catalog experienced a revival on the iTunes charts. If Mariah could have a huge comeback following the Glitter era, which I believe is her lowest point, nothing will stop her from doing the same with this incident.

On 1/2/2017 at 5:15 PM, trashmagic said:

Britney - don't think it needs saying

Kylie - the Impossible Princess backlash and cancer

Lana - releasing Honeysnooze

Mariah - shitbracelet

Rihanna - none

Beyonce - none

Gaga - buttcheek to asscheek

Sky - none

Carly - the coffee meetup...

Kesha - right now

Nicki - her whole career is a mess jj4 

Josef - none

what's the coffee meet up?

5 hours ago, Hylia said:

She hosted a charity event at a coffee shop and only around 20 people showed up orangu1 

And that's being nice about it, it was more like 6 people jj4

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours Truly is a stellar album yall need to stop the hate  

Not when MDNA exists  

this she shouldnt have accepted to do this  we all know it's scripted and planned  people went so hard on her  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.