QUINN

Megyn Kelly's Move To NBC Will Likely Make Her The World's Highest-Paid Female News Anchor

960x0.jpg

Megyn Kelly, one of Fox New's biggest stars, is heading for rival NBC News when her contract is up later this year, according to a spokesperson for NBC News. She will host a daytime news and talk show, anchor a Sunday night news show and work on special programming; in return, it's likely that NBC is making her the highest-paid female news anchor on television.

In the announcement, Andrew Lack, the chairman of the NBCUniversal News Group, said that Kelly is "an exceptional journalist and news anchor, who has had an extraordinary career."

Kelly, who has been at Fox for 12 years and currently hosts a prime-time show, The Kelly File, was offered more than $20 million a year to stay from parent company 21st Century Fox. While NBC and other networks had said they could not match the amount offered by Fox, it is likely the network came close and at least offered more than Kelly's current salary of $15 million per year. NBC has not replied to a request comment about the financial details of the contract.

Robin Roberts, a host of ABC's Good Morning America,  is currently the highest-paid female news anchor, with a salary of $18 million a year (still less than Matt Lauer's $25 million for hosting Today and Bill O'Reilly's $18.5 million for The O'Reilly Factor). 

Source

2 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

Megyn was the only bearable part of the nearly two decades of Fox News I've been subjected to at home. Proud of her!

Inb4 Fox replaces her with Tomi Lahren or Stacey Dash. laughcry1

I wouldn't wish that even on my worst enemy laughcry1 

6 hours ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

Megyn was the only bearable part of the nearly two decades of Fox News I've been subjected to at home. Proud of her!

Inb4 Fox replaces her with Tomi Lahren or Stacey Dash. laughcry1

You know it's only a matter of time. I bet Fox tries to recruit her. She is so unbearable fall2