QUINN

Tilikum, the infamous "Blackfish" Orca, has died

01Tilikum.jpg

Tilikum, an orca that killed a trainer at SeaWorld Orlando in 2010, has died.

SeaWorld said in a statement posted online that Tilikum died Friday. A cause of death had not been determined, though the orca was being treated for a persistent bacterial infection. He was estimated to be 36 years old.

Tilikum was profiled in the documentary "Blackfish," which helped sway popular opinion against keeping killer whales in captivity at SeaWorld parks, and ultimately inspired new laws that would ban the breeding of whales in captivity.

As SeaWorld's most prolific male orca, he sired 14 calves in the 23 years he was at SeaWorld Orlando.

Criticism over keeping orcas captive grew after Tilikum grabbed trainer Dawn Brancheau following a "Dine With Shamu" show and pulled her into the pool, killing her.

Tilikum was also involved in the deaths of two other people in the 1990s.

Source

He was only 36 oprah4 and he was still one of the oldest captive orcas oprah4 he was born in the wild though so he lived a lot longer than the ones born in captivity are ever expected to oprah4 and he died the same week that the oldest wild orca on record died oprah4 he was like 106 or something oprah4 

Save the whales oprah4oprah4oprah4 

4 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

Rest in peace bb oprah4

I just read about the trainer deaths on Wikipedia, and that's horrifying. I'm totally going to have nightmares later, how gruesome. awk1

Tilikum's whole story is heart breaking cry9