Michael.

What is Bey other than a touring force?

Her delusional fanbase likes to claim she's an album-seller along with Adele and Taylor. rip4 Her last album sold like over 2m which is good nowadays but calling her an album-seller sounds a bit like a reach, doesn't it? nat1 

Is that just an excuse for her stans to justify why she can't get a hit anymore even her life depended on it? 

Her album sales are decent but they don't come close to real album-sellers. So other than her tours in what other domain is she a big force? Her success seems exaggerated ngl. nat2 

Just now, Urbanov said:

Not really. It was said hundreds of times, too, but working on melodies, adlibs and other shit is also considered as a part of writing music.

I thought the person I quoted was talking about lyrics-wise, and all the Bey fans I talk to on here have never defended her "writing" her lyrics.

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Beyonce had a massive tour, her album is the best selling album released by a female artist in 2016 (only one streaming service has this album), Lemonade received 9 nominations for 59th Annual Grammy Awards, received a lot of raving reviews from music critics all around the world, all of the songs from the album charted on BB 100... but yeah, she's only a touring force.

rip3

/end thread

tumblr_inline_ocnh12SzQU1rwdig4_500.gif

how many times will it take you pressed ones to stop dedicating threads to Beyonce? shes the most influential artist this century and a whole level higher than most of your faves. And last time i checked, britney hasnt had a hit since the 2000s, so please stop. Bey is just superiorbey4

1 hour ago, Urbanov said:

Beyonce had a massive tour, her album is the best selling album released by a female artist in 2016 (only one streaming service has this album), Lemonade received 9 nominations for 59th Annual Grammy Awards, received a lot of raving reviews from music critics all around the world, all of the songs from the album charted on BB 100... but yeah, she's only a touring force.

rip3

It's not that hard considering pretty much every album in 2016 underperformed. And huh no one denied that she is acclaimed? How does that prove anything... all of them charted and none of them were hits, that says a lot. Tyvm.

1 hour ago, the great helper22 said:

how many times will it take you pressed ones to stop dedicating threads to Beyonce? shes the most influential artist this century and a whole level higher than most of your faves. And last time i checked, britney hasnt had a hit since the 2000s, so please stop. Bey is just superiorbey4

ok you silly 

Undermining 2.6m sales in 2016 must be the new thing! If it's so little and so easy why is every pop girl struggling to match it? Why is it that during her first week alone she sold more than other albums that need 6 months for the equivalent rip4 The gap between Bey - Taylor, Adele is big but she's still one of the top no matter how hard you try to discredit her rip4

She's also the only fotp fave who's been consistently outdoing herself with every album for the past few years, find me one with two critically acclaimed back to back albums that have managed 85+ on metacritic, not to mention the only one with 90+! :) Meanwhile the rest are struggling to even hit 70 rip4

Oh and with 20 Grammys, 25 in a month from now :)

1 hour ago, Jony said:

Undermining 2.6m sales in 2016 must be the new thing! If it's so little and so easy why is every pop girl struggling to match it? Why is it that during her first week alone she sold more than other albums that need 6 months for the equivalent rip4 The gap between Bey - Taylor, Adele is big but she's still one of the top no matter how hard you try to discredit her rip4

She's also the only fotp fave who's been consistently outdoing herself with every album for the past few years, find me one with two critically acclaimed back to back albums that have managed 85+ on metacritic, not to mention the only one with 90+! :) Meanwhile the rest are struggling to even hit 70 rip4

Oh and with 20 Grammys, 25 in a month from now :)

because Bey didn't really have big competion? Rihanna isn't a big album-seller and the release of ANTi was messy as hell. So yea, there you have it! :) 

Oh wow yassss a metacritic force, i should add it to the OP. nat2 

1 hour ago, Urbanov said:

I am not, I am proving that she is not only a touring force and you're the last to speak about it actually, lol. Songs from Lemonade (Hold Up, Sorry) with no promo charted higher than Make Me or Slumber Party laughcry1 I think that says a lot.

But girl didn't you quote me like 5 minutes ago in a different thread saying y'all weren't delusional and you come up with this laughcry1  Britney fucking bombed what's even the point of using her to make a point nnnnn ny2 

1 minute ago, ?Michael. said:

because Bey didn't really have big competion? Rihanna isn't a big album-seller and the release of ANTi was messy as hell. So yea, there you have it! :) 

Oh wow yassss a metacritic force, i should add it to the OP. nat2 

She had competition in 2014 but she still snatched the 6th most selling album. 

Go ahead and add it, critical acclaim matters more than commercial success anyway, aren't y'all always complaining about the GP stanning trash like Black Beatles, Closer or anything that isn't by yo favs sass1 Too bad Bey has both sass1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Undermining 2.6m sales in 2016 must be the new thing! If it's so little and so easy why is every pop girl struggling to match it? Why is it that during her first week alone she sold more than other al

Lol her album and singles are only available on Tidal for streaming which should put her at a disadvantage when it comes to total sales, yet she still managed to have the highest selling female album

Well, she's the most successful female popstar from her generation. Also, the most acclaimed and one of the best performers. She's clearly overrated by her fanbase but to claim she's nothing but a tou

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.