Berek

Amber Rose says she wouldn't feel comfortable dating a bisexual man.

http://www.justjared.com/2017/01/07/amber-rose-i-wouldnt-be-comfortable-dating-a-bisexual-man/

“I think it’s amazing when a guy is bisexual and he’s comfortable with it,” Amber said. “But in my personal life, in my sex life, in who I choose to love, I just think that I would think about it too much. It would bother me in a way. I wouldn’t be comfortable with it and I don’t know why.”

Amber made sure to clarify that she was not judging anyone who is bisexual and that she is bisexual herself – she’s not not personally comfortable with dating bisexual men.

“Maybe I’m not secure enough to be with a man that likes other men because I would feel like when he’s out with his boys, it’s just more of a moment, I don’t know,” she went on.

And I totally agree with her. I wouldn't feel comfortable dating a confused man either.

mariah-champs.gif

11 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Okay there's not a problem with what she's saying? A lot of women won't feel comfortable dating an openly bisexual man and that's okay.

@Addi What's wrong with what she said? Do you think all women are gonna be okay that their boyfriend likes the same sex as well? 

if it were spun around and a man made a comment about how he's not comfortable with his girlfriend being bisexual she would peddling another one of those terribly named marches to protest it. that's all i'm saying. if you're gonna preach so loudly and publicly about being comfortable with sexuality, stand in it fully. i don't think there's a gray area.

9 hours ago, Spencer Pratt said:

@Addi What's wrong with what she said? Do you think all women are gonna be okay that their boyfriend likes the same sex as well? 

Biphobia is disgusting, as is hypocrisy.

Amber Rose identifies a bisexual person, so her saying she "wouldn't be comfortable" dating a bi-man is so utterly problematic and ripe with double standard it makes my head hurt. Yes, people are allowed to like who they like, but devaluing a person based on sexual orientation alone is a shitty move, especially if they have the same orientation as you. It's similar to gay men who don't like other gay men for being "too gay" (which, spoiler alert, is not a thing, it's just misogyny). I'm sure if the situation was reversed, she wouldn't be happy if a man who was attracted to women refused to become involved with her solely based on the fact that she liked women as well as men.

The main part of her statement that I have a problem with is her automatic assumption that a bisexual man who has other male friends will mean he is going to be unfaithful to her and have a sexual relationship with them. This perpetuates an already rampant, and harmful, stereotype about bisexual people being just slutty and/or greedy people who, like the OP themselves stated in this topic, are just "confused" about their sexuality. So to answer your question, no. I don't think all women are going to be ok with men liking someone of the same gender, but that can easily be attributed to the biphobic culture we live in and the bullshit stereotypes about bisexual people.

Amber Rose seems to think that because she is bisexual herself, that alleviates her from having the ability to be biphobic, which is simply wrong. Belonging to a group does not exclude one from being able to spread hate (like she is doing in this statement), spewing problematic propaganda about the community they belong to, or, as is the case with many gay people, give them a free pass to believe they are not being problematic because they belong to a population that is also marginalized within society. Marginalized people can still be part of the problem, and because she's saying she wouldn't be involved with a person within her own community, wouldn't you say that's problematic, or, at the very least, hypocritical?

27 minutes ago, Addi said:

Amber Rose identifies a bisexual person, so her saying she "wouldn't be comfortable" dating a bi-man is so utterly problematic and ripe with double standard it makes my head hurt. Yes, people are allowed to like who they like, but devaluing a person based on sexual orientation alone is a shitty move, especially if they have the same orientation as you. It's similar to gay men who don't like other gay men for being "too gay" (which, spoiler alert, is not a thing, it's just misogyny). I'm sure if the situation was reversed, she wouldn't be happy if a man who was attracted to women refused to become involved with her solely based on the fact that she liked women as well as men.

The main part of her statement that I have a problem with is her automatic assumption that a bisexual man who has other male friends will mean he is going to be unfaithful to her and have a sexual relationship with them. This perpetuates an already rampant, and harmful, stereotype about bisexual people being just slutty and/or greedy people who, like the OP themselves stated in this topic, are just "confused" about their sexuality. So to answer your question, no. I don't think all women are going to be ok with men liking someone of the same gender, but that can easily be attributed to the biphobic culture we live in and the bullshit stereotypes about bisexual people.

Amber Rose seems to state think that because she is bisexual herself, that alleviates her from having the ability to be biphobic, which is simply wrong. Belonging to a group does not exclude one from being able to spread hate (like she is doing in this statement), spewing problematic propaganda about the community they belong to, or, as is the case with many gay people, give them a free pass to believe they are not being problematic because they belong to a population that is also marginalized within society. Marginalized people can still be part of the problem, and because she's saying she wouldn't be involved with a person within her own community, wouldn't you say that's problematic, or, at the very least, hypocritical?

tea1

31 minutes ago, Addi said:

Amber Rose seems to state think that because she is bisexual herself, that alleviates her from having the ability to be biphobic, which is simply wrong. Belonging to a group does not exclude one from being able to spread hate (like she is doing in this statement), spewing problematic propaganda about the community they belong to, or, as is the case with many gay people, give them a free pass to believe they are not being problematic because they belong to a population that is also marginalized within society. Marginalized people can still be part of the problem, and because she's saying she wouldn't be involved with a person within her own community, wouldn't you say that's problematic, or, at the very least, hypocritical?

well, i understand what you mean, but it is HER preference. It's like with me - I'm gay but I am not sexually attracted to fem gays. Call it homophobic or what you want, but I just dont feel attracted to them, at all. It's not like I hate fems, but I just dont want them in my bed. 

1 hour ago, Berek said:

And I totally agree with her. I wouldn't feel comfortable dating a confused man either.

I think you really need to check yourself because what you said is incredibly discriminatory, dismissive and just all around nasty. Trust me, hun, with that attitude, a "confused man" isn't going to wanna date you either rav2

25 minutes ago, Gilly said:

well, i understand what you mean, but it is HER preference. It's like with me - I'm gay but I am not sexually attracted to fem gays. Call it homophobic or what you want, but I just dont feel attracted to them, at all. It's not like I hate fems, but I just dont want them in my bed. 

It's not called preference. It's called self hatred

23 minutes ago, Justin Bieber said:

It's not called preference. It's called self hatred

ok katy1

its like when people say they arent attracted to fat or skinny people katy1 some ppl are into bigger ppl and some are into thinner - that doesnt mean anyone hates themselves katy1

there's a lot of guys who are only into fem gays. There's some guys who are only into trans. There's some guys who will only fuck guys in drag. Like how the fuck is that even self hatred? brit4 you like what you like and that's it.