Freaky Prince

What was so groundbreaking about Beyonce's halftime show?

At this point she is simply praised for existing. I wouldn't say there was anything groundbreaking about her performance, but it was really good. I lived for the Destiny's Child reunion (and Michelle's stumble entrance sia2)

3 hours ago, Gilly said:

i agree that the visuals were nice, but they werent groundbreaking in the slightest

It was the first time that technology was used on live TV, it was an innovative stage design.

gallery_pic_6953_70223.gif

20120206-pictures-madonna-super-bowl-hal

SBXLVI-81.jpg

article-0-119AB104000005DC-111_964x575.j

Visually it was a new experience for SB halftime shows, and that's coming from someone who still thinks it was underwhelming due to the lack of artistic statements (which is what people expect of Madonna) - but to deny the production and sheer entertainment value of it is ridiculous.

As for her dancing : 

cartwheel_medium.gif

Lets see your broken hipped fave do that at 54.

580c475abf08a_giphy(1).gif.1f5c8afb042af

Why do fossils think that weak ass flip is something to brag about dead4  I'm sure J.LO will be out dancing her by that time and is almost at 50 herself dead4 

Overall it was weak choreography wise - flat and boring. You can give her brownie points for being old, but it's just the way it is. There are many 50+ people who dance harder than Madonna with a simple youtube search without million dollar trainers and nutritionists. 

Just now, Jjang said:

Do you want to do a quick tour choreo comparison between Madge and fad 

or did you realize you've already lost the potential argument hence why you were too scared to quote in me in the first place

AlE3rVY.gif

Scared to quote you even though I quoted you a minute after you posted? What type of idiot logic dead4 

Wtf does Gaga have anything to do with how Madonna performed on the Superbowl? You can bring up anything you choose to post, but it has no relevance to my view that I wasn't entertained by the dancing.

21 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Scared to quote you even though I quoted you a minute after you posted? What type of idiot logic dead4 

Wtf does Gaga have anything to do with how Madonna performed on the Superbowl? You can bring up anything you choose to post, but it has no relevance to my view that I wasn't entertained by the dancing.

Never claimed her dancing was next level, I just noted the complete hypocrisy to say her dancing was weak when you stan for the most graceless dancer in the industry that points fingers at the camera and wobbles her leg for a good portion of most of her performances. It's not even about the dancing in this case, she showcased a remarkable amount of energy and her stage presence commanded full attention despite all the 'distractions' - which is hard to achieve in that setting, and quit acting like I'm a delusional fan because I already said I was not pleased with the performance & thought it was underwhelming. There are pros and cons to it and I acknowledged both so it's unfair how you, again, treated me so superficially.

A video of any woman of Madonna's age and older dancing on that level would go viral / be categorized under "impressive" or "shocking" videos so your argument doesn't really work in your favor, especially when it works against Gaga's singing more than it does for Madonna's dancing at her age lol, there are thousands if not more of YouTubers that can outsing Gaga easily, just a simple YouTube search. ;) see how easy that was

33 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Never claimed her dancing was next level, I just noted the complete hypocrisy to say her dancing was weak when you stan for the most graceless dancer in the industry that points fingers at the camera and wobbles her leg for a good portion of most of her performances. It's not even about the dancing in this case, she showcased a remarkable amount of energy and her stage presence commanded full attention despite all the 'distractions' - which is hard to achieve in that setting, and quit acting like I'm a delusional fan because I already said I was not pleased with the performance & thought it was underwhelming. There are pros and cons to it and I acknowledged both so it's unfair how you, again, treated me so superficially.

A video of any woman of Madonna's age and older dancing on that level would go viral / be categorized under "impressive" or "shocking" videos so your argument doesn't really work in your favor, especially when it works against Gaga's singing more than it does for Madonna's dancing at her age lol, there are thousands if not more of YouTubers that can outsing Gaga easily, just a simple YouTube search. ;) see how easy that was

not the essay, it's not hard to press a button I guess nicki1

It was boring. It's my opinion. Have a seat. Her being 20, 50, or 70 isn't going to change my opinion. Nothing about it was next level. Nothing about it was memorable. If it was, it'd be just as viral as you claim just anyone her age would. But yet again, no one talked about it afterwords and no one is talking about it now except Madonna stans who seem to think something that GP doesn't care about. dead4 

We're not even gonna talk about Gaga because once again, she has no correlation to Madonna's - let's repeat Madonna's performance. Dancing isn't even a reason I stan Gaga, but go in I guess. You're dragging something I don't care about. dead4 

No one is even saying Madonna can't dance or she can't perform today. I said I wasn't entertained by her SuperBowl performance, but of course in another situation, such as the Rebel Heart Tour, I could be persuaded to think otherwise. It's not that deep sis, you really take everything to the next level.

5 hours ago, Gilly said:

tell ha jj4

this is the perfect example of Gagas capability of singing + dancing at the same time

his dusty fav could never sass5 

ok let's relax, she's relying on backing vocals a lot like she did here

No idea if she has improved nowadays since she apparently decided to stop dancing altogether!

5 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

She's relying on backing vocals only during the chorus um3

Where most of the dancing happens um1 Whipping your ponytail and moving your arms between verses isn't that intense!

18 hours ago, Infrared said:

Nothing about it was next level. Nothing about it was memorable. If it was, it'd be just as viral as you claim just anyone her age would. But yet again, no one talked about it afterwords and no one is talking about it now except Madonna stans who seem to think something that GP doesn't care about. dead4 

I already said what was next level about it - the technology & stage innovation. Was my original post that you were too scared to quote not clear enough? chi1 At the time it was the most watched SB halftime show of all time by the way, but I didn't say Madonna would go viral rip4 I said that a woman at Madonna's age dancing with that level of efficiency would go viral on social media or at the very least generate a sense of remarkability among the audience that viewed it, therefore you saying Madonna's dancing is not impressive due to the very fact that you're a search away from finding people at her age dancing like that doesn't make sense, because regardless it would still be seen as an act of rarity, unlike Gaga's singing that can be easily outmatched by any YouTuber singer with more than 10k subscribers. Point : your YouTube search argument works in favor of Madonna, but against Gaga. So I liked to point that out and that's what I did, I never claimed Madonna would go viral, but even then, don't act like the topic of Madonna's massive energy despite her age is not something that is often brought up when her name is dropped chi1 Top comment on her carpool karaoke : "This chick almost 60 and she has more energy than me."  1308 likeschi1 So sorry to disappoint you, but pop stars at her age are dropping dead, let alone pulling shows that not even her young contemporaries can carry. chi1

18 hours ago, Infrared said:

We're not even gonna talk about Gaga because once again, she has no correlation to Madonna's - let's repeat Madonna's performance. Dancing isn't even a reason I stan Gaga, but go in I guess. You're dragging something I don't care about. dead4 

I'm not talking about Gaga, I'm just using her to expose (originally Gilly's) hypocrisy. I'm just saying, it's ironic to come for Madonna's dancing / choreo and act like its diss worthy when your main favorite artist is Lady fucking Gaga, and I've seen Gilly in the past making threads claiming Gaga supposedly slayed her John Wayne / A-Yo choreographies chi1 I mean, if that's not a perfect opportunity for me to expose his ugly double standard then I don't know what is. Watch him say he doesn't care about dancing just like he said he doesn't care about tours when I exposed him back then too chi1 and I think it's odd that you don't care about dancing, since literally 90% of Gaga's performances are choreography driven so you must not like a lot of Gaga then, but I still accept that opinion. It's your ugly hostile ways to take your jab at me (not quoting me, ignoring the main argument of my post in order to dig ur way to a beef, calling me a fossil or whatever) that slightly bothered me.

I literally don't care @Jjang

Write as many essays as you may need to cry your tears out dead4 

It ain't that fucking deep. It's one performance I didn't enjoy. Let it go.

1) Your fave doesn't excel at vocals and yet you can criticize whomever you please, just as I can criticize any other fave who dances. And even so, I stan other people than just Gaga to begin with, some who could outdance Madonna in a heartbeat. You trying it with Gaga is your own obsession with her as usual dead4 

2) The technology argument really doesn't do anything for me. That's like saying Gaga's Intel performance was groundbreaking because it used state of the art technology that has never been used before dead4  The technology may have been new, but it's not like people aren't used to spectacles like that. Projection Mapping has been around for decades sis and had already been used in 2011 on a smaller scale dead4  

If you want to talk about groundbreaking visuals in a performance, let's talk about one where the singer actually uses it, rather than it being visual background

3) I didn't respond to your post because I was making a general statement (hence FOSSILS) because multiple users were referencing that flip not just you dead4 

and I wasn't even involved in the conversation

You're arguing that I'm too scared to reply even though I've responded to each post dead4  What type of idiotic mess. 

4) I never said I didn't enjoy Gaga's dancing. I said there's more to a performance than her dancing. It's an element that adds to it, but it's not the thing you remember the most from it dead4  It doesn't mean I don't like it, but I don't care otherwise. I'm not fucking @Gilly. He can say whatever the fuck he wants. I'm not concerned, so please don't even use his points in a conversation between me and you dead4 

5) Rock Stars perform all the time and once again J.LO is almost 50, so you claiming that pop stars drop dead is foolish. Many performers these days (broadway, circus, etc) including MJ and Janet are doing it. Performing at 50 ain't special anymore when life expectancy and medicines are getting better dead4  

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because she didn't need all them gimmicks to distract you from the real deal: Her voice and her stage pressence. Also: No one has ever said that it was groundbreaking. Chill.  

What's the point in having different costumes and other stuff if you can't dance for shit?

I've seen people everywhere praising it, but what was so special about it?  If we compare it to Madonna and Katy's shows, it's completely plain and uncreative.  Like, Katy and Madonna had diff

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.