fab

Rihanna's #1 hits that got away

She could be close to 20 #1 hits by now if only she hadn't been so lazy with some of her singles sass4  

• Where Have You Been: this sounded like a surefire #1 smash, but why tf did she release it as 5th single and not earlier um2 
  • Stay: I don't know which songs it got blocked by but it's a shame that this huge smash couldn't even sneak in one week at #1 cry9 
  • Needed Me: A massive hit that could've easily reached #1 if it hadn't been sabotaged by the lack of promotion & the age restricted video cry9 
  • This Is What You Came For: I remember that this was super close to #1 during one week (when the Taylor drama happened)  cry9 

Million Reasons got more promotion than the entire Anti era sass4 she better step it up for #R9 if she wants to break Mariah's record sass4 

Actually, none of those songs are good orangu1

WHYB? is so repetitive, I get nausea orangu1 Stay is boring af, Diamond is far better orangu1 Needed Me is quite good, tho... TIWYCF is the definition of how a trash song should sound orangu1

The real #1 hits that got away are California King God and Jesus Better Have My Money

yaas.gif

EDIT: How could I forget American Oxygen? Now, that's a SONG!

yaas.gif

6 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

WHYB? is so repetitive, I get nausea orangu1 Stay is boring af, Diamond is far better orangu1 Needed Me is quite good, tho... TIWYCF is the definition of how a trash song should sound orangu1

The real #1 hits that got away are California King God and Jesus Better Have My Money

yaas.gif

yaas.gif

American Oxygen and BBHMM are two of my fave Rihanna songs of all time alex1 but I'm talking about songs that had a realistic chance of hitting #1 regardless of whether I like the song or not rav2 

3 minutes ago, fab said:

American Oxygen and BBHMM are two of my fave Rihanna songs of all time alex1 but I'm talking about songs that had a realistic chance of hitting #1 regardless of whether I like the song or not rav2 

Well BBHM has a very simmilar sound to 'Black Beatles' and 'Bad and Boujee', so I don't know what's not realistic about it being a potential #1. mad5

Unfaithful, Brake It Off, Don't Stop The Music, Cheers, Where Have You Been, Stay, FourFiveSeconds and sadly Love On The Brain will suffer the same faith :(

Unfaithful and Stay deserved the #1 spot more than Take a Bow lbr, which is forgotten imo. 

Don't Stop The Music, another classic that missed the #1 spot :(

Cheers could have been #1 if she released it earlier with a better music video, but it's forgotten now, so who cares moo1

Where Have You Been, if it was released as the 2nd single instead of You Da One, it would have been even bigger, riding the We Found Love weave

FourFiveSeconds, this song is just flawless and timeless

Just now, LanaxGaga said:

You literally just compared Versace with run down target orangu1

That came across wrong omg rip1
What I was trying to say is BBHM has a very radio friendly sound just like "Black Beatles" and "Bad and Boujee", which yes, are trash.dead7 

22 minutes ago, McDreamy said:

Don't Stop The Music, another classic that missed the #1 spot :(

So strange that this is, in my eyes ofcourse, her signature song and it was never #1! brit15 

1 hour ago, John Wayne said:

yaas.gif

yaas.gif

Who said a song had to be good to be number one?

47 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Where Have You Been, definitely.

You Da One deserved to chart better but was destroyed by WFL overshadowing it.

Kiss It Better! alex1 

Bitch Better Have My Money! alex1 

Kiss It Better failed to reach the top 40 in any major country - for whatever reason the public wasn't here for it at all cry9  I doubt there is anything she could've done that would've made it reach #1 jj3 

22 minutes ago, fab said:

Kiss It Better failed to reach the top 40 in any major country - for whatever reason the public wasn't here for it at all cry9  I doubt there is anything she could've done that would've made it reach #1 jj3 

I know jj3 I'm just pressedT basic shit like Needed Me did better than the best song on ANTi. Needed Me is good but it didn't deserve all the hype it got cause it really isn't that special.

13 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

I know jj3 I'm just pressedT basic shit like Needed Me did better than the best song on ANTi. Needed Me is good but it didn't deserve all the hype it got cause it really isn't that special.

Needed Me is amazing yas1