Brightflower

Grammy Snubs:A Game

Ok, so we've all experience the angry, frustrated feeling when your fave loses a Grammy Award you thought they should've won.

So, ive decided to make a game. It goes like this:

Post all of your faves Grammy nominations(if its Beyonce or Kanye, im sorry) and for the ones they did win, type the in bold and put a star(*) next to them. For awards you thought

they should have won, just make them bold. No star next to them. Example:

Katy Perry (13 nominations,0 wins)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance-I Kissed a Girl(2009)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance-Hot n Cold(2010)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance-Teenage Dream(song;2011)

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals-California Gurls(2011)

Best Pop Vocal Album-Teenage Dream(2011)

Album of the Year-Teenage Dream(2011)

Best Pop Solo Performance-Firework(2012)

Record of the Year-Firework(2012)

Best Pop Solo Performance-Wide Awake(2013)

Song of the Year-Roar(2014)

Best Pop Solo Performance-Roar(2014)

Best Pop/Duo Performance-Dark Horse(2015)

Best Pop Vocal Album-Prism(2015)

As Katy didnt win any of her noms, she has no star next to any of hers. But she does have some in bold alone, meaning those are the one i thought she should win.

So, lets begin!

14 hours ago, the great helper22 said:

Katy Perry (13 nominations,0 wins)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance-I Kissed a Girl(2009)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance-Hot n Cold(2010)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance-Teenage Dream(song;2011)

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals-California Gurls(2011)

Best Pop Vocal Album-Teenage Dream(2011)

Album of the Year-Teenage Dream(2011)

Best Pop Solo Performance-Firework(2012)

Record of the Year-Firework(2012)

Best Pop Solo Performance-Wide Awake(2013)

Song of the Year-Roar(2014)

Best Pop Solo Performance-Roar(2014)

Best Pop/Duo Performance-Dark Horse(2015)

Best Pop Vocal Album-Prism(2015)

oprah11 .. 

ARIANA GRANDE (Grammy wins: 0)

Best Pop Vocal Album (My Everything)

Best Pop/Duo Performance (Bang Bang)

Best Pop Vocal Album (Dangerous Woman)

Best Pop Solo Performance (Dangerous Woman)

BRITNEY SPEARS (Grammy wins: 1)

Best New Artist

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (...Baby One More Time)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (Oops!.. I Did It Again)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (Overprotected)

Best Pop Vocal Album (Oops!.. I Did It Again)

Best Pop Vocal Album (Britney)

Best Dance Recording (Toxic)*

Best Dance Recording (Womanizer)

BELINDA (Grammy wins: 0)

Best Children's Album (Complices Al Rescate)

Best Pop Vocal Album (Utopía)

Song Of The Year (Bella Traición)

PANIC! AT THE DISCO (Grammy wins: 0)

Best Boxed/Special Limited Edition (A Fever You Can't Sweat Out)

Best Rock Album (Death Of a Bachelor)

Even tho Ariana and Panic!'s nominations are from this year too, I bolded them because let's be real, they won't get them ff. I stopped believing in GRAMMYs a long time ago.

The fact Madonna wasn't even nominated for Like a Prayer (song and album) ny12 

or Vogue...

A fucking disgrace! The only album of hers that rightfully snatched some awards was Ray of Light but the AOTY title was not given to her either and instead given to fucking Lauryn Hill who hasn't done anything ever since. ny12 

Music and Bedtime Stories were also nominated for a few awards but of course didn't win shit. In fact, Music had 3 or 4 noms and didn't win any. ny12 

47 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

or Vogue...

A fucking disgrace! The only album of hers that rightfully snatched some awards was Ray of Light but the AOTY title was not given to her either and instead given to fucking Lauryn Hill who hasn't done anything ever since. ny12 

Music and Bedtime Stories were also nominated for a few awards but of course didn't win shit. In fact, Music had 3 or 4 noms and didn't win any. ny12 

I still can't believe she has only 7 wins jj4

On 10/01/2017 at 0:21 AM, Royale said:

Is it really necessary to explain what happened to Mariah at the Grammys in 1996? jj4

Poor Katy though, the Grammy committee did her dirty laughcry1

Was literally about to say this, the Grammys are a SHAMBLES for not awarding Slaydream a single award jj4

1 hour ago, Salvatore said:

or Vogue...

LAP was snubbed because of controversy she caused in 1989, you're forgetting that it was different time back then and she was mainstream female pop artist, ofc she was gonna get snubbed. Also there were less categories back in the day.

56 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

LAP was snubbed because of controversy she caused in 1989, you're forgetting that it was different time back then and she was mainstream female pop artist, ofc she was gonna get snubbed. Also there were less categories back in the day.

and plus she wasn't as respected back then oprah11

16 minutes ago, KP4 IS COMING said:

and plus she wasn't as respected back then oprah11

She was since all of her albums were in fact critically acclaimed, she was named artist of decade by all publications including Billboard, Rolling Stone and MTV. Like I said, she was snubbed because she was unconventional female pop star.

5 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

She was since all of her albums were in fact critically acclaimed, she was named artist of decade by all publications including Billboard, Rolling Stone and MTV. Like I said, she was snubbed because she was unconventional female pop star.

people still thought her as a sex crazed pop star who just made basic pop music with no dept to it. Her music is misunderstood by the GP imo

2 minutes ago, KP4 IS COMING said:

people still thought her as a sex crazed pop star who just made basic pop music with no dept to it. Her music is misunderstood by the GP imo

Um not true um2 her 'basic' pop songs were considered revolutionary, boundary pushing, edgy,  ahead of her time and of course and amazing. You obviously know shit about her um2

13 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Um not true um2 her 'basic' pop songs were considered revolutionary, boundary pushing, edgy,  ahead of her time and of course and amazing. You obviously know shit about her um2

well i think she actually started to be artistic when Like a Prayer came out and so on ... The first 3 albums are bops but they don't stand for anything rav2

Just now, KP4 IS COMING said:

well i think she actually started to be artistic when Like a Prayer came out and so on ... The first 3 albums are bops but they don't stand for anything rav2

Her first 3 are actually among her most acclaimed ones, she was far more respected by public in 80s than in 90s and we know she had best work in 90s. Every single song she released in 80s shaped pop music and was an event. And she didn't needed Grammys or other awards. In fact she never really won any major award and it never affected her.

2 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Her first 3 are actually among her most acclaimed ones, she was far more respected by public in 80s than in 90s and we know she had best work in 90s. Every single song she released in 80s shaped pop music and was an event. And she didn't needed Grammys or other awards. In fact she never really won any major award and it never affected her.

brit10 .. ok you got it girl 

Whitney Houston

Best Pop Vocal Performance,Female-Saving All My Love for You(1986)*

Best R&B Vocal Performance,Female-You Give Good Love(1986)

Album of the Year-Whitney Houston(1986)

Record of the Year-The Greatest Love of All(1987)

Best Pop Vocal Performance,Female-I Wanna Dance With Somebody(Who Loves Me)*(1988)

Best R&B Vocal Performance,Female-For the Love of You(1988)

Album of the Year-Whitney(1988)

Best Pop Vocal Performance,Female-One Moment of Time(1989)

Best R&B Performance by a Duo/Group with Vocals-It Isnt, It Wasnt, It Aint Never Gonna Be(w/Aretha Franklin,1990)

Best Pop Vocal Performance,Female-Im Your Baby Tonight(1991)

Best Pop Vocal Performance,Female-All the Man I Need(1992)

Best R&B Vocal Performance,Female-I Belong to You(1993)

Album of the Year-The Bodyguard Soundtrack(1994)*

Best Pop Vocal Performance,Female-I Will Always Love You(1994)*

Record of the Year-I Will Always Love You(1994)*

Best R&B Vocal Performance,Female-Im Every Woman(1994)

Album of the Year-Waiting to Exhale:Soundtrack(1997)

Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals-Count On Me(w/CeCe Winans,1997)

Best R&B Vocal Performance,Female-Exhale(Shoop Shoop) (1997)

Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or for Televison-Count On Me(1997)

Best R&B Vocal Performance-I Believe in You and Me(1998)

Best R&B Album-The Preacher's Wife Soundtrack(1998)

Best R&B Vocal Performance-Its Not Right, But Its Okay(2000)*

Best R&B Performance with Duo or Group,with Vocals-Heartbreak Hotel(2000)

Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals-When You Believe(ft.Mariah Carey,2000)

Best R&B Album-My Love is Your Love(2000)

Special Award-Whitney Houston*

12 hours ago, Salvatore said:

or Vogue...

So you need to continue releasing music in order to win album of the YEAR dead4 

Lauryn rightfully deserved her Grammy. It's more acclaimed, and it's not even close dead4 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact Madonna wasn't even nominated for Like a Prayer (song and album)   or Vogue...   A fucking disgrace! The only album of hers that rightfully snatched some awards was Ray of Ligh

Diamonds was never even nominated, so there's that  

Is it really necessary to explain what happened to Mariah at the Grammys in 1996?    Poor Katy though, the Grammy committee did her dirty 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.