Jake

Dua Lipa's debut album pushed to June 2nd

this is fucking silly. worst thing is that it's likely pushing it back to make room for collabs with The Chainsmokers, Sean Paul and what not. i don't think this push back will translate into better material but into sellout songs.

9 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Why are y'all overreacting? aura1 She's gonna try to get a hit with some DJ/rapper, and that's okay tbh aura1 I'm still excited to see what will she do aura1

Reveal hidden contents

At least you have a damn date, Brooke Candy fans, we are waiting nearly 2 years jj4

Well at least dua makes quality music, something Brooke Candy is yet to achieve 

9 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Why are y'all overreacting? aura1 She's gonna try to get a hit with some DJ/rapper, and that's okay tbh aura1 I'm still excited to see what will she do aura1

Reveal hidden contents

At least you have a damn date, Brooke Candy fans, we are waiting nearly 2 years jj4

Well at least dua makes quality music, something Brooke Candy is yet to achieve 

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

this is fucking silly. worst thing is that it's likely pushing it back to make room for collabs with The Chainsmokers, Sean Paul and what not. i don't think this push back will translate into better material but into sellout songs.

They've spent so much time and money on her, they can't afford for the album to flop.

Until she has a legitimate smash in the UK, this album  isn't coming out 

6 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

They've spent so much time and money on her, they can't afford for the album to flop.

Until she has a legitimate smash in the UK, this album  isn't coming out 

they should've pushed Be The One harder in the UK, put the album out and let it roll from there.

Be The One was absolutely huge in many European countries (i really can't tell why the UK didn't like it), trust me when i'm telling you it was on the radios here every other 30 minutes, people of all ages were sharing it on facebook and what not, and this was happening a year ago or something -in fact i was the one who even opened a thread for her here in the Jurassic era moo1 -, but they've lost so much momentum in Europe after Be The One died all while trying to get a  UK hit which didn't really happen or at least not on the scale they wanted it to. they've lost many markets they could've benefited from (Germany, Australia, Mainland Europe, Be The One was massive in all these countries), a bit sad.

her dad is a media mogul or whatever, it's clear her family is rich af, (and her dad is a daddY!), wish they'd get her out of this shitty situation honestly. 

and yes they did spend a lot of time indeed, i think the money was not invested well enough, to the world outside of UK she's a one hit wonder with no material pushed after a huge song, to the UK she's a singles artist at best with a few nice songs but nothing to truly hit big. the collabs were a good idea perhaps after Hotter Than Hell, not now. nothing's flowing here.

12 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

they should've pushed Be The One harder in the UK, put the album out and let it roll from there.

Be The One was absolutely huge in many European countries (i really can't tell why the UK didn't like it), trust me when i'm telling you it was on the radios here every other 30 minutes, people of all ages were sharing it on facebook and what not, and this was happening a year ago or something -in fact i was the one who even opened a thread for her here in the Jurassic era moo1 -, but they've lost so much momentum in Europe after Be The One died all while trying to get a  UK hit which didn't really happen or at least not on the scale they wanted it to. they've lost many markets they could've benefited from (Germany, Australia, Mainland Europe, Be The One was massive in all these countries), a bit sad.

her dad is a media mogul or whatever, it's clear her family is rich af, (and her dad is a daddY!), wish they'd get her out of this shitty situation honestly. 

and yes they did spend a lot of time indeed, i think the money was not invested well enough, to the world outside of UK she's a one hit wonder with no material pushed after a huge song, to the UK she's a singles artist at best with a few nice songs but nothing to truly hit big. the collabs were a good idea perhaps after Hotter Than Hell, not now. nothing's flowing here.

Funny thing, Be The One was never released in the UK until a month ago. It's slowly but steadily creeping up the charts (last I saw, it was like at #59 on iTunes?) It's why they filmed a new video.

Her label's release strategy is really terrible rip3