Jake

Dua Lipa's debut album pushed to June 2nd

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Funny thing, Be The One was never released in the UK until a month ago. It's slowly but steadily creeping up the charts (last I saw, it was like at #59 on iTunes?) 

Her label's release strategy is really terrible rip3 

jj4 no fucking way. i know they released a 2nd video for it and what not but i thought it was released in the UK way back then as well and that it never caught up for whatever reason. 

i see it now sitting at #42 on iTunes though, maybe there is hope after all IF it becomes huge as it should've been in the first place.

9 hours ago, Gabe. said:

they should've pushed Be The One harder in the UK, put the album out and let it roll from there.

Be The One was absolutely huge in many European countries (i really can't tell why the UK didn't like it), trust me when i'm telling you it was on the radios here every other 30 minutes, people of all ages were sharing it on facebook and what not, and this was happening a year ago or something -in fact i was the one who even opened a thread for her here in the Jurassic era moo1 -, but they've lost so much momentum in Europe after Be The One died all while trying to get a  UK hit which didn't really happen or at least not on the scale they wanted it to. they've lost many markets they could've benefited from (Germany, Australia, Mainland Europe, Be The One was massive in all these countries), a bit sad.

her dad is a media mogul or whatever, it's clear her family is rich af, (and her dad is a daddY!), wish they'd get her out of this shitty situation honestly. 

and yes they did spend a lot of time indeed, i think the money was not invested well enough, to the world outside of UK she's a one hit wonder with no material pushed after a huge song, to the UK she's a singles artist at best with a few nice songs but nothing to truly hit big. the collabs were a good idea perhaps after Hotter Than Hell, not now. nothing's flowing here.

Yep. The problem was that they didn't formally release Be The One in the UK. They never sent it to radio. It's insane...

And only NOW have they realised that Be The One is her best release thus far, after everything else has pretty much flopped. And it has finally been sent to radio, they dropped a new video (has anyone even seen it? it's on Vevo's own channel) fall1 It's on radio 1 every day in the UK but people are like... 'hey... this song is a year old, why is it everywhere again?'

a damn mess.

OH NO brit2 shouldn't it come out like this month?? 5 months?? Aaaargh... Fuck that..I'm still with her because she delivers af.  But not her label pulling out a Sky Ferreira move... Germany is thirsty for her album and we love Be The One and the teens are consuming Blow Your Mind & Hotter Than Hell...damn

1 minute ago, ATLANTIS said:

Made a Greatest Hits record. Queen of never releasing an album. ny12

8wPgnGT.jpg

You've got a track mislabeled. "Bullets & Heartbreak" was a fake trader title for the track that's actually titled  "Between a Bullet and a Heartbreak".