Michael.

Is Joanne a flop or did Gaga win?

What do you think? 

Monsters brag about Joanne selling well despite not having major hits but is that actually a good thing or is it more like a self-drag? 

Let's see,

Album sales: Success 

Streaming: Flop

Singles: Flop

She can't get a hit and she hasn't any streaming power but she has a huge fanbase that can get her album to 1M+ sales WW which is good (at least in today's standards).

But I feel like she hasn't much support from the GP. Thoughts?

tumblr_mz9qtn8sCM1rumxdco1_500.gif

I think she did win considering despite having no hit singles or decent streaming she's managed to still pull in good album sales. Especially considering the current sales climate. 

No amount of album sales would stop people from calling Joanne a flop tho. I mean there's people who still say BTW was a flop. Like um..

You just can't win with some people.

I think she's in the same exact place she was before, but a little more respected by the GP.

She was never big with streaming before, so no one really expected her suddenly to be a streaming artist. She's done a decent job of keeping her career floating and somewhat relevant. Even with all the division for doing Joanne, it seems her stanbase is still loyal based on the sales.

and critically, even though it was mixed, many reviewers also enjoyed her change - so I think she should continue to innovate her sound, but go back to her roots.

I'd say lets wait for the tour and third single to see how this era truly shapes out jj2 

Won.

The album is nearly 1M copies with no hits at all this era nat2

Is the era successful? Not really. 50/50. This was supposed to be her great comeback, but her singles flopped massively, but the album is selling really well nat2 

Gaga wins. Haters lose. It's always been like that nat2

Perched for the long ass essays with 0 sense nat2

Just now, John Wayne said:

Won.

The album is nearly 1M copies with no hits at all this era nat2

200K is still a long way to go to 1 million, specially in Q1. But according to this, Rebel Heart was a successful era? I was told by the liddos that it was a flop. nat1 The fact that the fad is selling the same as Madonna when the latter is 34 years into her career. mad7 

5 minutes ago, Selig said:

200K is still a long way to go to 1 million, specially in Q1.

With the halftime show, she can easily get 200.000 sales antm1 If she continues selling as she was til now, which was approximately 50.000 per week, she'll reach 1M before the super bowl antm1

7 minutes ago, Selig said:

But according to this, Rebel Heart was a successful era?

It was aura1

Btw, don't we all know how this thread will turn out? aura1 Same people, same answers aura1

6 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Speaking of streaming, Joanne has just surpassed 200.000.000 plays. Is that good or bad? How were the other girls doing?

I'd say not good, DW has over a billion on Spotify, Lemonade had like 120m first week with just Tidal, Anti is at over 2 billion. 

Just now, Jony said:

I'd say not good, DW has over a billion on Spotify, Lemonade had like 120m first week with just Tidal, Anti is at over 2 billion. 

But, DW got a billion streams like a month ago aura1 And it was released in May aura1 Plus, it has Side To Side which is a massive hit aura1

But, seems like Gaga is flopping in streaming aura1

14 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Speaking of streaming, Joanne has just surpassed 200.000.000 plays. Is that good or bad? How were the other girls doing?

I mean she's just doing a little bit better than Britney who is 18 years into her career so yea she's doing pretty bad.

Just now, John Wayne said:

Now that we started the whole RH comparison: RH was streamed 120M times, while Joanne 200M aura1 Just sayin' aura1

So now all of a sudden her streaming numbers do matter? eve1 I thought the album sales proved the album was a success.

I mean, I can hit back with Bitch I'm Madonna's YouTube views I guess, but this isn't really about a point by point comparison, it's just obvious that if someone like Katy was doing "as well" as Gaga rn, Little Monsters wouldn't hesitate a second to call her over and a flop even despite the Superbowl appearance dead4 That's the double standard I wanted to point out, regardless of specifics.

She dint win but she's just there but overall and underwhelming flop. No interesting videos, singles, I think her Halftime Show is the single bit interesting so far and even that's not interesting as well. Who would wanna watch her show? I'd be okay if Bey performed for the 3rd time, better yet Bey ft Gaga not Gags ft Bey.

2 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Well, people are saying that LG after 9 is doing same as M after 33 years, so I just proved that she doesn't at least not in streaming aura1 That was all aura1

Not the same as Madge, but when you compare Madge and Gaga to streaming artists like Ariana or Rihanna they're definitely in the same boat even with that difference dead7

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So now all of a sudden her streaming numbers do matter?  I thought the album sales proved the album was a success. I mean, I can hit back with Bitch I'm Madonna's YouTube views I guess, but this

It's not a successful era even with those sales  It feels like a complete nonevent, she and her music are nowhere to be found. 

It's doing as well as Rebel Heart. Gaga fans have called that a flop ever since its release. So there.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.